Town Shoes

Town Shoes Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Town Shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
I am there to help customer get the best shoes for their needs, I go into the back and get the size they are looking for. Then I watch as the customer walks around in the shoes and ask what they like about. Customer service is a huge part of my job and I love being their to support the client and get what they need.
Great place to get experience
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: Not enough shifts for part-time workers
This was my first job and I feel like I have gained an understanding of how it is like to work and be in the customer service business. I have learned a lot about how to handle different types of customers, and how to please them. I have gained lots of experience working here.
Staff is underpaid and under appreciated.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: the list goes on and on
Overall my experience working at Town Shoes was not great. They pay staff as little as possible and don't provide very good benefits. They claim to give staff free shoes, which is a lie. But they do have a great employee discount, 40% off. A major downside of Town Shoes is their inability to keep management. They under appreciate the staff they do have, and hire store managers that aren't right for the job a lot of the time. I would not recommend Town Shoes as a place to start any sort of retail career. They will not support you, or help you to reach your career goals. I wasted years with them, don't make the same mistake.
Productive and engaging
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 3, 2015
-Friendly coworkers
-Very organized environment
-Constant stream of people coming in and out of the store - there was always something to be done and a challenge to be met.
Terrible company to work for.
Key Holder / Assistant manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the discount got better so that is probably the only thing worth it.
Cons: over worked, long hours, a lot of work for little pay, set up to compete with other staff members. head office staff feel they are above you always!
Town Shoes has a very HIGH turn over rate. They are always hiring.
There is no job security. The commissions system is set up basically to make everyone look like sharks and compete with each other. The free shoes is a LIE.
LP think they are the business and try to act so tough and assumes you are always stealing from the store.

Overall, it is not a well rounded company.
Productive and Fun Environment
Key Holder/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 3, 2015
*Great staff
*management was laid back and fun
*fast-paced
*flexible hours
*everyone works hard to reach sales goals
High stressed work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
Love working for this company but associates are under appreciated
my time there was very disappointing
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: it was close to my house.
Cons: getting laid off.
-stocking and restocking material
-to use a scanner for shipping and receiving stock
-there was never a manager there at the store
-were not very helpful
-sorting the mess that was at this store
-getting laid off
Productive and a good working environment
Cashier and stock (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Everyday at Town shoes is a good day. I learn something new about a customer or a new product, I learn about how to deal with different situations everyday and what to say to customers about products. The management at Town Shoes is great everything is organized and clean, the co-workers are just as great, everybody treats others with respect and helps each other when we need help. This job doesnt have a hard part, everything there is explained to you and if you need help with something there is always someone there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything, if you enjoy helping customers and love shoes then this is a place to work.
Visual Merchandising/ Sales
Sales/ Visual Merchandising (Former Employee), TORONTOJuly 18, 2014
Working cash
closing and opening the store
Shoe Knowledge
rewards for selling the most shoes
Good costumers services , eficient at times to deliverys and safe driving
DRIVER truck 24 feets (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
knowledge about the truck like oil changes date , checking inspection daily and inspection daily all safe items like lights, brakes, fluids, air compressor , test air brakes, carry all documents requirements for the Ontario law regulations.. starting my routine at time in good knowledges all the costumer , points of loads and unloads. looking for saving diesel comsuption of combustible.. schearching the principals ways and alternatives,,,using maps and gps .......
Day at TS
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa West, ONJune 1, 2014
I always learn something new at work, the clients who come in are fun and like to talk which makes my shift fun and go fast.
The management team are fabulous, my manager is absolutely great and really understanding to all the co-workers.
Nothing hard about the job really. I love working with all my co-workers, theyre super enjoyable, nice to be around and helpful.
Don't work here!
Associate (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 29, 2014
Pros: discount on shoes
Cons: long hours, bad management, unhappy employees
This is a horrible company to work for. Management does not treat their employees right. The other girl who meantioned that bullying goes on is completely righ. Everything started well and then it deteriorated.
Can be fun but you will be underpaid and disrespected
Associate Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: discount on shoes
Cons: hours were always available (no one wants to work here)
Great company when you first start with them. When you need support from the leaders at head office no one is available. Constant gossiping who is sleeping with who at what store as well as head office. Super unprofessional! Underpaid for the work you do! Don't get me wrong some of the leaders were helpful but others are teamed up to get each other out. Bullying is always going on and goes unnoticed by upper management. My suggestion go to Browns! Good luck with your job search.
Productive and a fun place to sell shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 29, 2013
Pros: collect points for being a good customer service and at the end of month you get a free shoes
Cons: not enough hours
- helping customers what they want and ringing in sales
- knowing that you helped someone and made them happy
-mechandising products, cleaning and arranging everything in orderly
Great Sales Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free shoes
Cons: long hours
Upper management is great, great co-workers. Typical retail job.
Fun workplace always more to learn
Associate Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2013
As an Associate Assistant Manager I maintained the floor coverage with fourteen staff on for one day. Keeping everyone motivated, moving around creating a fun enviroment for our clients to come shop for shoes.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: staff, location
Cons: poor pay
It was easy to work there because I am a shoe-a-holic so I was able to relate to others.
constant challenge
Assistant Manager and Shoe-aholic Expert (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2013
a challenging work environment, with lacking training. strives for positivity and team work, is not always successful. Staff was driven, but company did not support much of any management decision making. salaried staff (including non-in store staff: DM's etc) were expected to make sales towards their own individual commission.
Typical retail job.
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2013
Dealt with customers. Had to be respectful and helpful to everyone. Had to be a team player.

About Town Shoes

Town Shoes is a chain of Canadian shoe stores. It has been family owned and operated since 1952 and has 30 locations across Canada – Read more