Town Shoes Employee Reviews

very good way to gain customer service skills
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
very energetic and upbeat place to work. great retail experience best. training was amazing and the management is wonderful. very fast paced and busy especially during christmas time.
Busy but creative workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2017
Perfect place to work for a budding fashionista. Typical day includes styling customers and becoming familiar with new trends and exciting products. It is a fast paced environment but extremely rewarding.
don't waste your time with this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 June 2017
working at townshoes was great at first, its a small group of associates so we got to know each other pretty well. Unfortunately management is horrible and would put unrealistic expectations on associates. The manager at this location was the main problem, she had her favourites and she would generally ignite a lot of drama within the store which would distract employees from focusing on sales. there is a lot of flaws to this company and especially this store. its a pretty simple job but was really mentally draining from the management side of things.
Pros
decent discount
Cons
horrible management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 June 2017
It's very easy to move up in the company. You can go from retail to head office fairly quick. Just need great customer service and be committed to the company
Shoes and purses...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
People are great that worked in the location in Toronto when was there. The salary was not good and the benefits were not good either. The people are the best there and the customers are very diverse.
Great shoes, terrible place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2017
I have worked here loyally for 4 years. I have been full-time, part-time, and an assistant manager. This place used to be fantastic to work! Loved it and the people. We have went corporate over the last few years and all of the benefits the sales associates received were taken away- to fund a trip for head office. They will ABSOLUTELY not work around another job and will either force you to leave your other employment or to leave them. Management is extremely disorganized and you will never be appreciated for the work you put in. This was a hard job to leave since I was there for so long and the time I had beforehand was great but the company no longer cares about their associates and they make that very clear.
Pros
Great shoes!
Cons
Will not work around a secondary job
Workplace Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
working at Townshoes was a great experience, i learned a lot during my time with Town. managing clients, Sales on a daily basis along with hitting targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Townshoes Taught me various things one most importantly is how to handle and maintain a positive workplace environment, as easy as it sounds working in a commission based workplace its easier than most to step on other peoples toes, but Townshoes taught me how to be a leader in circumstances and how to resonate a positive and enjoyable fun place to work amongst others.
Pros
commission based, great work environment, management
Cons
sometimes short breaks
Hard working and productive
Manager of Last Impression (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
Funfill place to work, like interacting with people. Always untime and ready to work , and also a team player , enjoy taking on new task and a quick learner.
strung along for too long
management (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2017
All of the reviews given are true, both the good and the bad. Yes it can be fun, getting discounted product is great. But the politics behind it all is awful. Poor management. Way too much staff turnover. Poor training. Your personal/family life doesn't matter at all to them. They expect you to make them your #1 priority. You are expected to work way too hard and put in way too much for the poor pay you receive.
All in all, its ok as a part time job, but dont expect to move up very far and definitely do not expect great pay. Take it from a former manager who was fed false promises for years and stepped on by senior management on the regular. They do not genuinely appreciate their staff.
Pros
40% off
Cons
hours and pay
Good learning experience
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
My time at Town Shoes greatly benefitted my retail expertise however the store I worked in was never busy enough (except at sale time) to make it worth while. We were given the option of minimum wage or commission if we met the quota however the store rarely met its own quota as a whole let alone for each individual employee. However, the staff was wonderful to work with and the store offered a wide range of different shoe brands which broadened my shoe knowledge and allowed me to use the employee discount without a second thought.
Pros
Discount, Location, Short hours
Cons
Never busy
Help to build careers
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
Hourly plus commission
Takes inexperience talents and grow them
Good perks for employees
Strong sense of family within individual stores
Not a very good place to move up the ladder
Pros
Salary is decent
Cons
Not alot of upward mobility to grow from
Great work place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 December 2016
Great work place mangers were awesome! Our stores DM was very involved and supportive of our needs. The discount is awesome for shoe lovers it’s a great place to work.
poor retail management
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 October 2016
very unprofessional management. made it very uncomfortable to work with managers. would take about and do things that were no where work related. i would not return to wrok for this company
positive environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. Town shoes, is a great employer with amazing perks and great discount!!!!
Pros
pizza lunches and great employee discounts
fun and outgoing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
As my previous review says, The work place was fun, encouraging, and each day came with its own set of goals and challenges, and I loved that. Had the family business at home not come up, I would have stayed with Town Shoes and Moved up to management.
Pros
rewards towards free shoes
Cons
having to leave
Town shoes has been going under many changes over the past few year.
STOCK MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2016
At Town shoes the level of work varied day by day. More recently stock associates pull double duty as both stock and sales.
A good team is working as one!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
A typical work day at Town Shoes was filled with fun and excitement. Working with the enthusiastic team was enjoyable. I had a the most dedicated hard working team at Town Shoes. It was a pleasure to work with the greatest team ever. We all learned together how to overcome the obstacles and challenges on a daily basis.
horrible management and generally a terrible company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2016
very slow business, management was a joke, co workers were wonderful people and deserve better, no raises were ever given, even to associates who were working there for over 3 years, associates were treated with blatant disrespect by manager and those in higher positions, manager was completely inflexible with the schedule and we would consistently have to miss events we had told the manager about weeks in advance.
Safe work environment
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2016
Co-workers are very friendly, always willing to help each other out.
Managers are a hit or miss. Current manager is very friendly, professional, hard working.
Pros
Good discount on shoes
Cons
not enough shifts given
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2016
I really enjoy working at Town Shoes, everyone is friendly and customers are nice. Workload balance is fine and commission and discount is awesome
Pros
commission and HUGE EXTRA discount for the employers1

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9