Town Shoes Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
working at Townshoes was a great experience, i learned a lot during my time with Town. managing clients, Sales on a daily basis along with hitting targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Townshoes Taught me various things one most importantly is how to handle and maintain a positive workplace environment, as easy as it sounds working in a commission based workplace its easier than most to step on other peoples toes, but Townshoes taught me how to be a leader in circumstances and how to resonate a positive and enjoyable fun place to work amongst others.
Pros
commission based, great work environment, management
Cons
sometimes short breaks
Hard working and productive
Manager of Last Impression (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
Funfill place to work, like interacting with people. Always untime and ready to work , and also a team player , enjoy taking on new task and a quick learner.
strung along for too long
management (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2017
All of the reviews given are true, both the good and the bad. Yes it can be fun, getting discounted product is great. But the politics behind it all is awful. Poor management. Way too much staff turnover. Poor training. Your personal/family life doesn't matter at all to them. They expect you to make them your #1 priority. You are expected to work way too hard and put in way too much for the poor pay you receive.
All in all, its ok as a part time job, but dont expect to move up very far and definitely do not expect great pay. Take it from a former manager who was fed false promises for years and stepped on by senior management on the regular. They do not genuinely appreciate their staff.
Pros
40% off
Cons
hours and pay
Good learning experience
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
My time at Town Shoes greatly benefitted my retail expertise however the store I worked in was never busy enough (except at sale time) to make it worth while. We were given the option of minimum wage or commission if we met the quota however the store rarely met its own quota as a whole let alone for each individual employee. However, the staff was wonderful to work with and the store offered a wide range of different shoe brands which broadened my shoe knowledge and allowed me to use the employee discount without a second thought.
Pros
Discount, Location, Short hours
Cons
Never busy
Help to build careers
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
Hourly plus commission
Takes inexperience talents and grow them
Good perks for employees
Strong sense of family within individual stores
Not a very good place to move up the ladder
Pros
Salary is decent
Cons
Not alot of upward mobility to grow from
Great work place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 December 2016
Great work place mangers were awesome! Our stores DM was very involved and supportive of our needs. The discount is awesome for shoe lovers it’s a great place to work.
poor retail management
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 October 2016
very unprofessional management. made it very uncomfortable to work with managers. would take about and do things that were no where work related. i would not return to wrok for this company
positive environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. Town shoes, is a great employer with amazing perks and great discount!!!!
Pros
pizza lunches and great employee discounts
fun and outgoing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
As my previous review says, The work place was fun, encouraging, and each day came with its own set of goals and challenges, and I loved that. Had the family business at home not come up, I would have stayed with Town Shoes and Moved up to management.
Pros
rewards towards free shoes
Cons
having to leave
Town shoes has been going under many changes over the past few year.
STOCK MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2016
At Town shoes the level of work varied day by day. More recently stock associates pull double duty as both stock and sales.
A good team is working as one!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
A typical work day at Town Shoes was filled with fun and excitement. Working with the enthusiastic team was enjoyable. I had a the most dedicated hard working team at Town Shoes. It was a pleasure to work with the greatest team ever. We all learned together how to overcome the obstacles and challenges on a daily basis.
horrible management and generally a terrible company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2016
very slow business, management was a joke, co workers were wonderful people and deserve better, no raises were ever given, even to associates who were working there for over 3 years, associates were treated with blatant disrespect by manager and those in higher positions, manager was completely inflexible with the schedule and we would consistently have to miss events we had told the manager about weeks in advance.
Safe work environment
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2016
Co-workers are very friendly, always willing to help each other out.
Managers are a hit or miss. Current manager is very friendly, professional, hard working.
Pros
Good discount on shoes
Cons
not enough shifts given
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2016
I really enjoy working at Town Shoes, everyone is friendly and customers are nice. Workload balance is fine and commission and discount is awesome
Pros
commission and HUGE EXTRA discount for the employers1
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
Pressure on Managers for sales, KPI's was unrealistic. You don't perform to their standards they let you go. You associates don't perform you write them up.
Pros
Cons
Overtime no pay
Happy Workplace
Store Operations, Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2016
It's a generally happy and positive workplace. It is hard to advance within the company and they salary isn't as competitive as you'd hope. But, you do get free shoes so that's nice.
Great place for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC15 February 2016
My manager/the owner was absolutely amazing. Always given the opportunity to improve and move ahead. Given responsibilities as you get ahead
Poor Upper Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2016
While a fun and challenging place to work, the upper management (DM's and area managers) failed to provide reasonable training, or useful criticisms
Productive workplace with large selection of shoes
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON6 January 2016
Many of the other co-workers and I work efficiently and complete tasks as a team and individually. Being employed at Town Shoes has furthered my customer service skills. As I enjoy shoes and fashion, my workplace has furthered my shoe and product knowledge.
Good for experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2015
Interesting work environment
Management was decent
Learned a lot of ways to become the best sales rep possible.
Learned to put customers needs first and go above and beyond for them
Pros
experience
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8