Town Shoes Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with large selection of shoes
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Cookstown, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Many of the other co-workers and I work efficiently and complete tasks as a team and individually. Being employed at Town Shoes has furthered my customer service skills. As I enjoy shoes and fashion, my workplace has furthered my shoe and product knowledge.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: commission and HUGE EXTRA discount for the employers1
I really enjoy working at Town Shoes, everyone is friendly and customers are nice. Workload balance is fine and commission and discount is awesome
Happy Workplace
Store Operations, Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2016
It's a generally happy and positive workplace. It is hard to advance within the company and they salary isn't as competitive as you'd hope. But, you do get free shoes so that's nice.
Sale's Associate Customer relations
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 30, 2015
Everyday, we have a target sales which we need to meet. The day starts with going over promotions or sales which is going on in the company. Once shift starts, you greet customers whom come in, and try to meet their needs by bringing them their choice of shoes, boot and etc.
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Overtime no pay
Pressure on Managers for sales, KPI's was unrealistic. You don't perform to their standards they let you go. You associates don't perform you write them up.
Great place for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), White Rock, BCFebruary 15, 2016
My manager/the owner was absolutely amazing. Always given the opportunity to improve and move ahead. Given responsibilities as you get ahead
Good for experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: bad management
Interesting work environment
Management was decent
Learned a lot of ways to become the best sales rep possible.
Learned to put customers needs first and go above and beyond for them
Poor Upper Management
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
While a fun and challenging place to work, the upper management (DM's and area managers) failed to provide reasonable training, or useful criticisms
Support Office is a Head office. Values are fake!
GM (Former Employee), GTAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Non trustworthy head office
GM for DSW (Townshoes). Head office likes to call itself.. Support Office. There is 0 support from them to the stores. They say they want your opinion to grow the company, however if you give feedback that is true but upsets head office.. Be careful! There will be retribution from them.

This is a company that does NOT live up to there values... Every values, Honesty, Enthusiasm, Accountability and Respect.

These values are for head office, but they are just words at Store level. HR will NOT back up the associate if a situation has to do with a head office person. They will only pit Managers against Associates.

If your a robot and don't want to use your brain, this company is for you.

Good Luck!

I quit!
A good start into retail
Key Holder (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Discount on Shoes, awesome to work for part time
Cons: Just kind of a mess of a company
The company seems to be in a constant state of trying to get its balance.

Management is largely based on who you got on with as opposed to ability which is standard in retail.

Unrealistic goals given based off of stores in other malls with much higher traffic.

No real company set training policy.
Horrible
ASM (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 10, 2015
Hated it! Poor management, unorganized and no one to speak to at head office. Had to hound them for about a year to get my benefits set up, they missed pay days for the entire company (canada wide... one of which was boxing day) pay you very little. too much stress, not nearly worth it
Organize and clean shoes
shoe associate & stock (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
Cons: n/a
Typically I would talk to consumers to make a commission. I would interact with anyone who would come into the store along with my coworkers. Often I would clean when it was not busy throughout the day. The hardest part of my job was to communicate, but I learned to improve my communication skills and working in the till. The management was good, they treated with me with respect. The coworkers were good to me as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the people.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), OntarioSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Team spirit
Cons: Work Life Balance
Town Shoes is a great place to work. Very supportive upper management . CEO of company fantastic, down to earth and very personable.
It was alright
Key holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 12, 2015
Pros: The discount
Cons: management
A typical day at work consisted of the manager pushing you to meet unrealistic sales targets.I learned quite a bit about shoes and all the brands. My coworkers were almost all pleasant, the hardest part of the job was meeting the sales targets, the most enjoyable part was helping the customers finding what type of shoes they like, and the discount was nice too.
Staff is underpaid and under appreciated.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: the list goes on and on
Overall my experience working at Town Shoes was not great. They pay staff as little as possible and don't provide very good benefits. They claim to give staff free shoes, which is a lie. But they do have a great employee discount, 40% off. A major downside of Town Shoes is their inability to keep management. They under appreciate the staff they do have, and hire store managers that aren't right for the job a lot of the time. I would not recommend Town Shoes as a place to start any sort of retail career. They will not support you, or help you to reach your career goals. I wasted years with them, don't make the same mistake.
Great place to get experience
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: Not enough shifts for part-time workers
This was my first job and I feel like I have gained an understanding of how it is like to work and be in the customer service business. I have learned a lot about how to handle different types of customers, and how to please them. I have gained lots of experience working here.
Town Shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
I am there to help customer get the best shoes for their needs, I go into the back and get the size they are looking for. Then I watch as the customer walks around in the shoes and ask what they like about. Customer service is a huge part of my job and I love being their to support the client and get what they need.
Terrible company to work for.
Key Holder / Assistant manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the discount got better so that is probably the only thing worth it.
Cons: over worked, long hours, a lot of work for little pay, set up to compete with other staff members. head office staff feel they are above you always!
Town Shoes has a very HIGH turn over rate. They are always hiring.
There is no job security. The commissions system is set up basically to make everyone look like sharks and compete with each other. The free shoes is a LIE.
LP think they are the business and try to act so tough and assumes you are always stealing from the store.

Overall, it is not a well rounded company.
Productive and a good working environment
Cashier and stock (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Everyday at Town shoes is a good day. I learn something new about a customer or a new product, I learn about how to deal with different situations everyday and what to say to customers about products. The management at Town Shoes is great everything is organized and clean, the co-workers are just as great, everybody treats others with respect and helps each other when we need help. This job doesnt have a hard part, everything there is explained to you and if you need help with something there is always someone there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything, if you enjoy helping customers and love shoes then this is a place to work.
Productive and engaging
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 3, 2015
-Friendly coworkers
-Very organized environment
-Constant stream of people coming in and out of the store - there was always something to be done and a challenge to be met.