Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Firm
Pension Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2012
It is enjoyable working. You are working with intelligent people here.
Very Warm Coworkers that Want Others to Succeed
Date Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNNovember 11, 2012
Towers Watson is a very wonderful place to work. All the employees are eager to answer questions and establish new employees.
An ever-changing company with room to grow.
Word Processing Specialist (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 21, 2012
A typical day would consist of starting a document or presentation from scratch, or editing an existing document.

Before coming here, I never realized the importance of fonts and spacing, as well as the overall look of a document.

The hardest part of this job will be leaving those I have known for many years and those I have met when the two companies – more... (Towers Perrin and Watson Wyatt) merged.

The most enjoyable part ot working here was the ability to use my creativity as to how documents will look and read to our clients. – less
Weak Editorial/Marketing Group Leadership
Marketing Employee (Former Employee), Westchester, NYOctober 2, 2012
Pros: interesting subject matter
Cons: highly political
TW is full of brilliant consultants who are collaborative and easy to work with. Working in the Editorial group is another story. The Editorial director, who plans to retire in five years with full pension, wants to find the easiest way to do things rather than striving to do the best work. Her only worry is upsetting the apple cart. The culture of – more... Editorial -- as well as Marketing overall -- is non-collaborative. Silos dominate the marketing team so much that every new project presents political hurdles that need to be overcome. In addition, rather than being a relatively flat place to work, as most lean organizations are these days, it's very hierarchical and therefore perilous to navigate for the un-anointed. Strangely, the Marketing director never collaborates with anyone on any projects. And the Editorial director takes every chance to undermine her underlings if they fail not to act like servile minions. – less
Good Company
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee), ReigateSeptember 19, 2012
Good benefits and working conditions. I enjoyed working at this company.
Flexible workplace with great people but Stressful with low pay
Lead Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: flexibility, people
Cons: demanding, stressful, pay, benefits
Best thing about Towers is the people. Great, smart, fun co-workers. Flexibility is great. You have the freedom to manage yourself and your work on a daily basis. No micro managing which is great. Management is very supportive. On the other hand it is a fast paced work environment to the extreme. The work can be very stressful and demanding. Long work – more... days are expected. It may balance out if the pay and benefits were better. Pay does not compensate for the amount of responsibility and demands. – less
Actuarial Firm
Records Manager Assistant/Team Leader (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: tons of paperwork
Cons: expensive healthcare
created and started a central file room and all duties of that department.
Good Summer Internship
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 14, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: boring work and no much of team environment
The position is titled Seasonal Compensation Analyst. The job involves looking at payroll data (base salary, short term bonus, sales bonus) for Middle Management positions across multiple industries. Employee compensation is entered into our database and compared to market averages. Our clients then purchase these compensation surveys from us.

The – more... exact job entails going through the salary information which is submitted by our clients and making sure it is accurate and conforms with our survey guidlines. – less
Great company with global locations. Friendly, professional.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: management reflects confidence in their staff.
Cons: small cubicles for work space.
Excellent company with global facilities. Good pay/benefits for employees. Room for advancement and career growth for all employees. Easy access to management for assistance. Great co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was irate callers. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the elderly callers to better understand their benefits.
Good Company to work for
Print Production/Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches.
Good company to work for, great people, and they respect your culture and values.
Business Support / Office Sevices
Business Services Assistant (Current Employee), ReigateJuly 1, 2012
Pros: employee benefits free health cover
Cons: long hours / traveling
Team leader. Opening and distribution of early morning internal and external postal services. Data entry for incoming signed for mailings. Arranging for domestic and international courier services. Ordering of Marketing Stationery and coordinator for such. Ordering and distribution of general office stationery. KPI's General Archiving. Record keeping – more... for IT deliveries. Railootoo (Rail ticketing Service) Looking after consumables and running of a number of on-site copiers / printers. Assisting in the Print Room as and when required.

Getting to know office traits and those of your customs i.e. Company associates. I have two co-workers who help support me in the role I carry out for the company.

The hardest part of my job is having to inform the administrators / managers that their request could not be carried out (usually this is out of control). Either Courier Company has failed a deadline or an I.T. issue results in failure of a particular request.

The most enjoyable part of my job is Seeing a request come to fruition. This could be the organising of any number or combination of requests to meet tight deadlines etc. I see my position as being able to help my customers. For which I receive immense satisfaction. – less
A great place to work
Experienced Designer - Web and Digital Media (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2012
Interesting projects, flexible schedule, fair compensation.
Best in the industry benefits consulting company with strong moral compass
Manager, Dependent Review Solutions (Current Employee), Virtual, Office in Dallas, TXJune 18, 2012
Pros: best-in-class organization, high standards and values (not common in the insurance industry), significant opportunities to grow
Cons: travel expectations
I am the product owner of the Dependent Review Solutions team. This includes all operational, personnel, sales and financial aspects of this part of the organization. I work virtually and manage teams in Minneapolis, San Diego and Manila (Philippines). One of my favorite parts of this and any other position I have held is the day-to-day interactions – more... with others. I enjoy leading teams and strategizing with all team members to improve processes, improve morale, make customer experiences even greater and increase quality.

I have not been with Towers Watson for very long and, while I like the company and what I do, it requires more travel than expected.

I am not in a hurry to find a different position, rather I would like to find a company where I can work for many years and contribute significantly to all areas of the organization. – less
Over all a great place to work. Have the opportunity to work on your own, meet your deadline without having to be hounded by anyone.
Seasonal Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJune 15, 2012
Pros: recognition of their employees good work
Fun and professional place to work. Employees are friendly. The company looks out for their employees. I like the way they take the company encourages good health and take steps in have the employees participate in taking care of themselves.
n/a
File Clerk, Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2012
A global company consisting mostly of benefits administrators.
Easy going workplace
Associate Economist (Current Employee), GurgaonMay 13, 2012
Good team and friendly environment, mostly a place where you can explore the avenues available and diversify.
Good Company
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), EpsomApril 26, 2012
Good company offering good benefits. Varied work role with chance to progress within the company.
Excellent Company to work for. Relaxed Environment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas TXMarch 5, 2012
Excellent Company to work for. Relaxed Environment with a multitude of opportunities for advancement...................
Recomendable
Analista Junior (Former Employee), Buenos AiresJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: experiencia enriquecedora.
Cons: no hay descanso para almorar
Es una empresa que valora la satisfacción del cliente y trabaja con prolijidad y profesionalismo para brindar un óptimo servicio.
Empresa muito agradável de trabalhar
EVC analyst (Current Employee), Lisboa, P11November 25, 2013
O ambiente na empresa é formidável e descontraído, todos os colegas são prestáveis e muito recetivos. Sem dúvida um excelente local de trabalho, sem stress mas com muito profissionalismo.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more