Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Financial Billing Analyst (Former Employee), phila, paJuly 23, 2013
It was a pleasure working with Towers Watson. I gained a lot of experience, just wish the department would've stayed.
An excellent place to start your career with
Actuarial Analyst Trainee (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 4, 2013
A good p-lace where you get a lot to learn. People in team are always there to help you out not just to tell how but also to tell you why to do it. The most enjoyable part of job was to spend time with my friends there who were also my colleagues and to achieve the targets so as to remain ahead of others.
Insecure culture full of passive-agressive actuaries
Consultant (Former Employee), USAJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefits / job security
Cons: terrible culture / bus-drivers
It's a great name and great revenue, but most of the people are actuaries that have been promoted to "king of the nerd" status...there are few people with personalities, and having a personality is viewed as a negative there...many people are insecure and very passive aggressive (to the point of rude...)...i resigned due to excessive "blockers" and – more... many unkept promises...creativity and OTB thinking is reserved only for people that have been there 10+ years.....it feels like a pyramid scheme there....

if you want to stare at a spreadsheet all day and work with socially awkward people, than go for it! otherwise, aim for a better firm...

pay is decent, benefits are GREAT. – less
Ok company
Actuarial analyst (Current Employee), gurgaonMay 21, 2013
TW is in risk consulting. My work is about employee benefit schemes, My basic reason to change is to have a work life balance and also want to get a desirable pay as per my academics.
Interned part time during school.
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2013
I interned at Towers part time while taking classes. I didn't necessarily feel like I was contributing to the team at all time; a lot of the work I did is what I believe to be stereotypical intern work. That being said, I did have a couple projects that I enjoyed, and my coworkers were friendly and willing to help.
Productive place with no work/life balance
Finance Billing Accountant/QA (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time for your family
Manage and balance the daily finance invoice that were recieved. You must also make sure the rates, draft invoice and mark ups were correct and then complete a final invoice which would then go to the finance management team.
Great company with a truly unique culture
Compensation Intern (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 22, 2013
Having the opportunity to work at Towers Watson was a truly enjoyable experience. The entire department was extremely helpful and motivated. People at the company truly enjoy their jobs, and it shows in the work they produce.
Productive, laid back workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Pros: health benefits, salary
Cons: towers watson eliminated the department.
Towers Watson is an outsource health and welfare company which handles the health benefits department of numerous nation wide companies including fortune 500 companies.It acquired the original company which hired me.
Our department handled the flexible spending accounts for the employees of over 20 companies. As a customer service representative in – more... the call center, I answered inquiries about claims that were made, account balances and acceptable purchases. I thoroughly documented all calls into the data base for future inquiries, adjudicated claims based on federal guide lines set forth for flexible spending accounts and entered claims onto the client’s data base for processing.
Sometimes it was challenging to stay composed and polite while speaking to irate employees, but for the most part it was an enjoyable experience helping the employees understand their benefits.
All my co-workers in the Woodbridge office were cordial and helpful, as was management. – less
Good team work among co-workers
Benefits Associate/ Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Learned customer service, relationship building skills, training. recruiting and benefits administration.
Strong, successful Boston office
Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2013
With a changing business environment, as well as evolving HR related issues, Towers Watson has created a strong presence in the marketplace, and has developed and groomed professionals capable to take on those challenges moving forward.
Productive and good company to work for
Records Management Associate (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 11, 2013
I manage and maintain High Density File Room for the OS department it’s my responsibility to enter new folders in the Opus iNet and maintain them on the shelves with all previously entered folders. I retrieve folders from Data Services and benefit data source groups and re file them in High Density File Room. I help clients with any questions they have – more... pertaining to file room. I am the main contact for Iron Mountain actives I schedule pick ups for offsite storage, ordering supplies and call backs if clients need files back from Iron Mountain; this gets very busy during the end of the year a lot of archiving takes place at this time. – less
Exceptional people to work with
East Central Finance Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great people, easygoing atmosphere, lots of perks
Cons: high deductible healthcare
The most enjoyable part of my time at Towers Watson was the people. I had not only co-workers, but friends. The job varied day to day but was very motivating. Recognition was given when something was accomplished and I always felt appreciated.
Productive and great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2013
A typical day at work is busy managing calls,and other task such mailing,filing,processing return mail. With position i learned a lot in reference to medical information ,medical plans and how they work.My management team was great always there for assistance and willing to help.i didnt find anything hard about the job i enjoyed the work that i did – more... .Most enjoyable part was satisfying my customers. – less
Great Company
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: great
Great place to work. Daily routine involved checking mail, Ms Word, excel and power point. Check and refill printers refill coffee machine and make sure that the break room has all the necessary products.
Exciting, busy and very rewarding.
Senior Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: they don't honor many holidays.
I start my day off my checking our bank statments, then I proceed to imput newhire information into our payroll system (Oracle). I'll stop payment & reissue checks for employees claiming they never received them, run jobs and balance the payroll file. It is a lot to do in the payroll department. Management is great, and we all work at our own pace. – more... The hardes part of my job is coding, it's no fun but we all have to do it. – less
Great company to work for
Financial Pension Plan Processor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 13, 2012
People are all friendly and helpful. Emphasis on teamwork. Work together to ensure clients are getting paid out.
Productive and fun workplace
Pension Benefits Administrator (Temp) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2012
Learned about MS Outlook and SharePoint.
Most enjoyable part of the job talking to co works.
Think twice before accepting an offer from TW
T&R Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
Cons: compensation is below industry average and health insurance could be better.
Culture of workaholism is praised
- No regard for human beings.
- No respect for junior employees.
- Siloed culture per department. Almost impossible to make friends across departments.
Advice to Senior Management – Actually show that you care about people and take your own advice that you offer to clients.
Great Firm
Pension Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2012
It is enjoyable working. You are working with intelligent people here.
Very Warm Coworkers that Want Others to Succeed
Date Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNNovember 11, 2012
Towers Watson is a very wonderful place to work. All the employees are eager to answer questions and establish new employees.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more