Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Large global Human Resources and Consulting firm with varied opportunities.
Benefits Data Source Analyst (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee, casual fridays, gym and parking discounts, quarterly social events
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, fragmented management
While I can only speak about the White Plains location, my time at Towers Watson has been fulfilling and productive. Unfortunately, advancement opportunities are few and far between, and the day-to-day work is rote and uninspiring.
Starter role
HR PeopleSoft Administrator (Former Employee), LondonOctober 23, 2013
Pros: london based
Cons: no progression
Based in the Central London office, I was part of the HR Shared Services function, responsible for providing HR Administration support to the Recruitment team, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefit and Global Assignment teams.

• Managed and supported the PeopleSoft information system: hires, leavers, employee transfers and all general employee – more... data management for UK, Europe and Asia.

• Successfully produced and delivered management reports using Excel & PeopleSoft. Reports contained full details of new hires, leavers and compensation changes.

• Managed and maintained hard copies of employee files, ensured appropriate access was granted to appropriate HR personnel.

• Maintained regular communication at all levels within the organisation, including Payroll, Benefits & Country Administrators, ensuring an efficient administration service was provided. – less
Contract with Towers Watson
UI/UX Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Working remotely for the most part I helped design surveys used by Fortune 500 HR departments.
Productive very professional busy work place.
Records Management Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2013
Checking my emails and phone messages of my colleague.
To work on a business and professional level.
Dealing with the business of the HR Administration.
A business and a professional working relationship.
Special Projects.
Up keeping the HR employee files records.
Great people to work with
HR Service Delivery Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2013
Great people to work with and room to grow your career. There is a lot of great learning opportunities.
If only money matters, then go for it
Service Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2013
Pros: financially stable, health benefits, pension, 401k
Cons: micromanaged, no work/life balance, workaholic culture
The company overall is very financially stable and successful but that's about all the positive feedback I can provide.

The management was absolutely horrific in the service center and HR did nothing about it because the department had strong financials. I was never provided any positive feedback on my performance (which was very good for being there – more... nearly 5 years). The company does a lot to recruit new clients and retain them, but unfortunately it is at the expense of the employees outside life. I was expected to work 10-11 hour days consistently. I would totally agree with the reviewer who said it is a "workoholic" culture.

People there overall are friendly (aside from management), but nobody really has the time to genuinely get to know others because everything is tremendously micromanaged and "time is money" is constantly on your mind. – less
Good variety of work
Analyst (Retirement Band 2.1) (Former Employee), LondonAugust 7, 2013
Pros: deli bar
Cons: long hours/ late nights
You're assigned to individual client teams and everyone manages their own workload. The good thing is that you never know what you'll be asked to do next and how far you progress depends on which area you'd like to be working in. My co-workers are quite friendly and helpful and everyone works hard.
Challenging environement
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), EuropeJuly 31, 2013
- Client facing

- Professional excellence required

- Challenging actuarial problems
Invests in Associates
Web Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 29, 2013
TW invests in their associates and believe in developing their talent. Collaboration with colleagues is highly valued. Work/Life balance is a focus, but can be difficult during times with tight deadlines.
Very professional and driven group
Administrative Assistant - RTC (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: health insurance requires high deductibles
A typical day at work would be checking responding to emails, checking in with Consultants to get an idea of their anticipated day. Attending meetings and working on various assigments and projects.
Financial Billing Analyst (Former Employee), phila, paJuly 23, 2013
It was a pleasure working with Towers Watson. I gained a lot of experience, just wish the department would've stayed.
An excellent place to start your career with
Actuarial Analyst Trainee (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 4, 2013
A good p-lace where you get a lot to learn. People in team are always there to help you out not just to tell how but also to tell you why to do it. The most enjoyable part of job was to spend time with my friends there who were also my colleagues and to achieve the targets so as to remain ahead of others.
Insecure culture full of passive-agressive actuaries
Consultant (Former Employee), USAJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefits / job security
Cons: terrible culture / bus-drivers
It's a great name and great revenue, but most of the people are actuaries that have been promoted to "king of the nerd" status...there are few people with personalities, and having a personality is viewed as a negative there...many people are insecure and very passive aggressive (to the point of rude...)...i resigned due to excessive "blockers" and – more... many unkept promises...creativity and OTB thinking is reserved only for people that have been there 10+ years.....it feels like a pyramid scheme there....

if you want to stare at a spreadsheet all day and work with socially awkward people, than go for it! otherwise, aim for a better firm...

pay is decent, benefits are GREAT. – less
Ok company
Actuarial analyst (Current Employee), gurgaonMay 21, 2013
TW is in risk consulting. My work is about employee benefit schemes, My basic reason to change is to have a work life balance and also want to get a desirable pay as per my academics.
Interned part time during school.
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2013
I interned at Towers part time while taking classes. I didn't necessarily feel like I was contributing to the team at all time; a lot of the work I did is what I believe to be stereotypical intern work. That being said, I did have a couple projects that I enjoyed, and my coworkers were friendly and willing to help.
Productive place with no work/life balance
Finance Billing Accountant/QA (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time for your family
Manage and balance the daily finance invoice that were recieved. You must also make sure the rates, draft invoice and mark ups were correct and then complete a final invoice which would then go to the finance management team.
Great company with a truly unique culture
Compensation Intern (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 22, 2013
Having the opportunity to work at Towers Watson was a truly enjoyable experience. The entire department was extremely helpful and motivated. People at the company truly enjoy their jobs, and it shows in the work they produce.
Productive, laid back workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Pros: health benefits, salary
Cons: towers watson eliminated the department.
Towers Watson is an outsource health and welfare company which handles the health benefits department of numerous nation wide companies including fortune 500 companies.It acquired the original company which hired me.
Our department handled the flexible spending accounts for the employees of over 20 companies. As a customer service representative in – more... the call center, I answered inquiries about claims that were made, account balances and acceptable purchases. I thoroughly documented all calls into the data base for future inquiries, adjudicated claims based on federal guide lines set forth for flexible spending accounts and entered claims onto the client’s data base for processing.
Sometimes it was challenging to stay composed and polite while speaking to irate employees, but for the most part it was an enjoyable experience helping the employees understand their benefits.
All my co-workers in the Woodbridge office were cordial and helpful, as was management. – less
Good team work among co-workers
Benefits Associate/ Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Learned customer service, relationship building skills, training. recruiting and benefits administration.
Strong, successful Boston office
Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2013
With a changing business environment, as well as evolving HR related issues, Towers Watson has created a strong presence in the marketplace, and has developed and groomed professionals capable to take on those challenges moving forward.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more