Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place with no work/life balance
Finance Billing Accountant/QA (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time for your family
Manage and balance the daily finance invoice that were recieved. You must also make sure the rates, draft invoice and mark ups were correct and then complete a final invoice which would then go to the finance management team.
Great company with a truly unique culture
Compensation Intern (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 22, 2013
Having the opportunity to work at Towers Watson was a truly enjoyable experience. The entire department was extremely helpful and motivated. People at the company truly enjoy their jobs, and it shows in the work they produce.
Productive, laid back workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Pros: health benefits, salary
Cons: towers watson eliminated the department.
Towers Watson is an outsource health and welfare company which handles the health benefits department of numerous nation wide companies including fortune 500 companies.It acquired the original company which hired me.
Our department handled the flexible spending accounts for the employees of over 20 companies. As a customer service representative in – more... the call center, I answered inquiries about claims that were made, account balances and acceptable purchases. I thoroughly documented all calls into the data base for future inquiries, adjudicated claims based on federal guide lines set forth for flexible spending accounts and entered claims onto the client’s data base for processing.
Sometimes it was challenging to stay composed and polite while speaking to irate employees, but for the most part it was an enjoyable experience helping the employees understand their benefits.
All my co-workers in the Woodbridge office were cordial and helpful, as was management. – less
Good team work among co-workers
Benefits Associate/ Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Learned customer service, relationship building skills, training. recruiting and benefits administration.
Strong, successful Boston office
Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2013
With a changing business environment, as well as evolving HR related issues, Towers Watson has created a strong presence in the marketplace, and has developed and groomed professionals capable to take on those challenges moving forward.
Productive and good company to work for
Records Management Associate (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 11, 2013
I manage and maintain High Density File Room for the OS department it’s my responsibility to enter new folders in the Opus iNet and maintain them on the shelves with all previously entered folders. I retrieve folders from Data Services and benefit data source groups and re file them in High Density File Room. I help clients with any questions they have – more... pertaining to file room. I am the main contact for Iron Mountain actives I schedule pick ups for offsite storage, ordering supplies and call backs if clients need files back from Iron Mountain; this gets very busy during the end of the year a lot of archiving takes place at this time. – less
Exceptional people to work with
East Central Finance Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great people, easygoing atmosphere, lots of perks
Cons: high deductible healthcare
The most enjoyable part of my time at Towers Watson was the people. I had not only co-workers, but friends. The job varied day to day but was very motivating. Recognition was given when something was accomplished and I always felt appreciated.
Productive and great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2013
A typical day at work is busy managing calls,and other task such mailing,filing,processing return mail. With position i learned a lot in reference to medical information ,medical plans and how they work.My management team was great always there for assistance and willing to help.i didnt find anything hard about the job i enjoyed the work that i did – more... .Most enjoyable part was satisfying my customers. – less
Great Company
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: great
Great place to work. Daily routine involved checking mail, Ms Word, excel and power point. Check and refill printers refill coffee machine and make sure that the break room has all the necessary products.
Exciting, busy and very rewarding.
Senior Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: they don't honor many holidays.
I start my day off my checking our bank statments, then I proceed to imput newhire information into our payroll system (Oracle). I'll stop payment & reissue checks for employees claiming they never received them, run jobs and balance the payroll file. It is a lot to do in the payroll department. Management is great, and we all work at our own pace. – more... The hardes part of my job is coding, it's no fun but we all have to do it. – less
Great company to work for
Financial Pension Plan Processor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 13, 2012
People are all friendly and helpful. Emphasis on teamwork. Work together to ensure clients are getting paid out.
Productive and fun workplace
Pension Benefits Administrator (Temp) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2012
Learned about MS Outlook and SharePoint.
Most enjoyable part of the job talking to co works.
Think twice before accepting an offer from TW
T&R Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
Cons: compensation is below industry average and health insurance could be better.
Culture of workaholism is praised
- No regard for human beings.
- No respect for junior employees.
- Siloed culture per department. Almost impossible to make friends across departments.
Advice to Senior Management – Actually show that you care about people and take your own advice that you offer to clients.
Great Firm
Pension Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2012
It is enjoyable working. You are working with intelligent people here.
Very Warm Coworkers that Want Others to Succeed
Date Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNNovember 11, 2012
Towers Watson is a very wonderful place to work. All the employees are eager to answer questions and establish new employees.
An ever-changing company with room to grow.
Word Processing Specialist (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 21, 2012
A typical day would consist of starting a document or presentation from scratch, or editing an existing document.

Before coming here, I never realized the importance of fonts and spacing, as well as the overall look of a document.

The hardest part of this job will be leaving those I have known for many years and those I have met when the two companies – more... (Towers Perrin and Watson Wyatt) merged.

The most enjoyable part ot working here was the ability to use my creativity as to how documents will look and read to our clients. – less
Weak Editorial/Marketing Group Leadership
Marketing Employee (Former Employee), Westchester, NYOctober 2, 2012
Pros: interesting subject matter
Cons: highly political
TW is full of brilliant consultants who are collaborative and easy to work with. Working in the Editorial group is another story. The Editorial director, who plans to retire in five years with full pension, wants to find the easiest way to do things rather than striving to do the best work. Her only worry is upsetting the apple cart. The culture of – more... Editorial -- as well as Marketing overall -- is non-collaborative. Silos dominate the marketing team so much that every new project presents political hurdles that need to be overcome. In addition, rather than being a relatively flat place to work, as most lean organizations are these days, it's very hierarchical and therefore perilous to navigate for the un-anointed. Strangely, the Marketing director never collaborates with anyone on any projects. And the Editorial director takes every chance to undermine her underlings if they fail not to act like servile minions. – less
Good Company
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee), ReigateSeptember 19, 2012
Good benefits and working conditions. I enjoyed working at this company.
Flexible workplace with great people but Stressful with low pay
Lead Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: flexibility, people
Cons: demanding, stressful, pay, benefits
Best thing about Towers is the people. Great, smart, fun co-workers. Flexibility is great. You have the freedom to manage yourself and your work on a daily basis. No micro managing which is great. Management is very supportive. On the other hand it is a fast paced work environment to the extreme. The work can be very stressful and demanding. Long work – more... days are expected. It may balance out if the pay and benefits were better. Pay does not compensate for the amount of responsibility and demands. – less
Actuarial Firm
Records Manager Assistant/Team Leader (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: tons of paperwork
Cons: expensive healthcare
created and started a central file room and all duties of that department.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more