Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Everyone is valued
Benefits Intern (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRMarch 12, 2014
As an intern, I was surprised at the level of responsibility and exposure provided to me. I was treated to be as much a part of the team as the permanent employees and was given a list of roughly 20 clients to liaise with, independently. Towers Watson values each employee and provides an environment of constant learning and opportunities of growth. – more... Working on the client-front, every tomorrow was as challenging as required to keep monotony at bay.
One of my self-realizations on the job was how good I was at communication skills and my team always provided me with opportunity after the other to build and maintain strong client relations. Towers Watson was the perfect platform, I believe, for me to base my career on as a fresher. – less
Great People made it a great company to work for.
Office Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: being laid off
I spent my whole career there I can't say a bad word about Towers Watson I was sad to leave when I was laid off. That said I learned a lot while I was there so I am very grateful for that. I learned how to use all of the Microsoft applications, deal with internal and external clients face to face and on the phone. I learned everything I know from working – more... there. – less
Fun
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 7, 2014
Very eager to help you learn. I did a lot of stuff at the job that involved learning and stuff. I dont know why I have to submit this review twice, please stop requiring me to repeat myself indeed.
NA
Actuary Analyst Intern (Current Employee), GurgaonMarch 4, 2014
Company is good and have professional environment. Everyone is very supportive.
Multi faceted workplace
Invoice Processing Analyst (Former Employee), Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: excitement using espionage tecniques and relationship building
Cons: low salary as compared with competitors
A typical day at work begins with meetings of surprise assignments and finalization of audit reports to be submitted for scrutiny of supervisors. I learned a lot of banking operations and processes in my stint with this company.

The management is determined to beat competition. It is also focused on how to eliminate if not lessen business risks of – more... banking. Co-workers put their best efforts to make the team always on the go.

The hardest part of the job is being skeptic about possibility of fraud that makes suspicion one of the standard operating procedure. It requires detailed investigation and balancing relationships with fellow bank employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is its non-routinary nature since every assignment is a different challenge. – less
cultures vary from city to city. Casual business attire.
Records Specialist/Production Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: jeans to work, some free lunches once in a while
Cons: cold corporate management style, not serious about keeping good administrative talent (despite trying to say the opposite)
no opportunity for advancement in either administrative assistant division or office services division. Cultures vary from city to city. Some offices are suit and tie. Some are casual business attire. Good people, opportunity for fun culture, cold corporate management.
Summary of Employment at Towers Watson
Healthcare Benefits Admin (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: annual bonus
Provide administrative services for employers and additional associates with group insurance policies via inbound calls. Organize, explain and manage several employer based insurance programs. Review and explain benefits with customers and employers.
Awesome, productive company that always put learning first.
Associate Services Team (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 10, 2014
I had the opportunity to be employed by this great company for nearly 5 years. The culture, standards and building itself are all 5 start. My employment ended unfortunately, due to a merger and subsequent bout of layoffs. I would definitely work here again. I have only good things to say about Towers Watson. The knowledge and relationships that I gained – more... here are priceless. – less
productive workplace
Administration Assistant (Work Experience 1Week) (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good business
RESPONSIBILITIES:
Office administration support, including developing the structure of a filing system in line with guidelines provided, bar-coding files, recording details of files on an on-line records management system.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
I settled into the team very quickly and was able to improve my communication skills through the training I received – more... and the work I did with colleagues of different levels. I made effective use of my organisational skills by suggesting improvements to the way the previous filing system had been organised. I also played my part in the team by dealing with post, photocopying, making drinks and other routine tasks. I got a good impression of how a large office works day to day and the standards required in the office of a professional services firm. – less
Pension Administration (Former Employee), BrusselsJanuary 6, 2014
the hardest part of the job is fitting in and learning all the new information on such a limited time, and when you do not get the information on time you can not continue working.

the fun part is that it is kind of a family, when you get included.
It is a very chanlenging job.
Nice work environment with nice chairs and ergonomics computer keyboard
Pension Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches and nice work environment with few or no stress.
A typical day at work is pretty busy. The work is essentially intellectual and almost no physical work. I learn about retirement and pension benefit. The management is really good and there are some free lunches. Co-workers are really helpful. The hardest part of the job is to meet the deadline while getting all the paperwork complete. The most enjoyable – more... part of the work is the free lunch especially when it is barbecue. – less
Office Services Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2013
Great company to work for

Most enjoyable part helping clients and internal clients
High Paced Productive Employment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2013
Pros: large knowledge base to add to employee's experience.
Cons: low compensation compared to industry competition
Good employer for entry level person to start. Employee can gain experience from many different lines of business to further their career line. Drawback is low compensation/benefit level compared to industry competitors. Manage has high level of involvement with employee groups which can hinder on productivity levels.
I'm apart of a team that works well with each other
Office Services Mail Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2013
Pros: working in one of the nicer areas of manhattan
Cons: lack of job security
- A typical day at work involves delivering packages to associates, creating production jobs for employees and clients, ordering office supplies, stocking pantries and copy rooms, and helping all lines of business when needed.
- I learned how a corporate office operates and functions, and how to be apart of a strong and tight knit office services team – more... that assists one another, and does every task to the best of my ability.
- I worked quite well with, and had a strong work relationship with all co-workers. A great job was done in putting each department and team together.
- The toughest part of my job, yet the part of my job that I believe I excel at is all of the multitasking that is involved when things get busy.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help our co-workers with client projects in order to meet deadlines or last minute client needs. – less
Great way to succeed.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Los, Angeles CaliforniaNovember 20, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: keeping up with supplies needed to produce
Overall the job is a great gateway to advance a career, and see more opportunities.
My Co-workers
Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed going to work every day because of my co-workers. Everyone was always willing to stop what they are doing to help each other. We always had a team spirit type atmosphere in order to get the job done. It made for a very pleasant working experience.
Smart motivated associates committed to contributing to the success of clients.
Global Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
Pros: exciting challenges in all areas of the global consultancy offer opportunities to learn.
Cons: post-merger growing pains and changing organizatonal structure.
Towers Watson consults most of the finest companies around the world on their key issues: financial services, risk management, human resources, benefits across industries and geographies.

Working in the Corporate Marketing Department, I learned about each of the company's business and worked on the major project of developing and launching the new – more... merged external and internal websites. It was a great experience.

In addition, I was often called on to stretch beyond my core skill set of marketing and communications to do knowledge management and competitor analysis.

I worked with associates and clients around the world. My days could touch associates in China, the United Kingdom, Spain, and all regions of the United States and associates at all levels and in all divisions.

Better than an MBA! – less
Large global Human Resources and Consulting firm with varied opportunities.
Benefits Data Source Analyst (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee, casual fridays, gym and parking discounts, quarterly social events
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, fragmented management
While I can only speak about the White Plains location, my time at Towers Watson has been fulfilling and productive. Unfortunately, advancement opportunities are few and far between, and the day-to-day work is rote and uninspiring.
Starter role
HR PeopleSoft Administrator (Former Employee), LondonOctober 23, 2013
Pros: london based
Cons: no progression
Based in the Central London office, I was part of the HR Shared Services function, responsible for providing HR Administration support to the Recruitment team, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefit and Global Assignment teams.

• Managed and supported the PeopleSoft information system: hires, leavers, employee transfers and all general employee – more... data management for UK, Europe and Asia.

• Successfully produced and delivered management reports using Excel & PeopleSoft. Reports contained full details of new hires, leavers and compensation changes.

• Managed and maintained hard copies of employee files, ensured appropriate access was granted to appropriate HR personnel.

• Maintained regular communication at all levels within the organisation, including Payroll, Benefits & Country Administrators, ensuring an efficient administration service was provided. – less
Contract with Towers Watson
UI/UX Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Working remotely for the most part I helped design surveys used by Fortune 500 HR departments.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more