Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced, very corporate & lovely people
PA/EA (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 11, 2014
Pros: a very flexible employer, within reason
Cons: no career path for administration staff
My role is extrememly varied with a whole load of deadlines to prioritise and work to. I am mainly working off of email and I am juggling global diary management across all time zones, co-ordinating global business trips, conferences/briefings (internal & external) as well as other ad-hoc duties like data collections, survey management, monitoring client – more... work, NDA's & general office management.
The team I work with are of a mixed age and culture and are all great to work with, very approachable and flexible. – less
Client Satisfaction Oriented Company
Benefits Specialist, Survivor Support Advocate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches during the fall and sodas free all year round
Cons: healthcare
Answering calls from people who are having issues navigating Employee Self Service Website, questions about their health or pension benefits, and expanding knowledge on ever-changing market. The management is focused on keeping our clients happy and maintaining low answer speeds.
Towers Watson
Senior Team Lead - Benefit Service Center (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 23, 2014
Not enough push to advance within the company. Most advanced positions were filled from outside the company, which caused employee dissatisfaction.

Pay was decent.

Benefits were decent.

Many employees come off as overworked.
Great people and company
People Manager/Admin Manager/Business Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 22, 2014
Great people and company. Lively, buzzy atmosphere. Very professional.
Challenging and interesting job, great team work
Consultant (Former Employee), Shanghai ChinaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: career development, work with intelligent people
Cons: hard to keep work life balanced
Your workday started with reading and replying bunch of emails from internal team members from different offices all over the world and the external clients. How to manage big projects cross countries and work with people from different culture under tight timeline is challenging but exciting. The enjoyable part of the job is you will never be bored – more... with the job as the clients is various from project from project; in the other side, this also required you to lean fast and be flexible and capable to solve problems. Fortunately, you are not working alone, most of the time, great team work will make all the challenges solved smoothly. Overall great work experience in Towers Watson. – less
Productive Work Environment
Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaMarch 17, 2014
Good place to work, friendly team members.
Perfect place to work with great mangment.
terrible firm
administrator (Former Employee), Redhill ukMarch 14, 2014
Cons: rubbish systems especially extensity time management
This was a company still using microfiches and archaic management. The boss was awful and everybody had a different way of doing the work.
The first day included a frosty meeting with the boss and then witness her have a stand up row with a co worker etc etc
HR were uninterested and incompetent
On the last day of the first six months without any warning – more... or previous discussions they fired me quite unexpectedly
Avoid – less
Everyone is valued
Benefits Intern (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRMarch 12, 2014
As an intern, I was surprised at the level of responsibility and exposure provided to me. I was treated to be as much a part of the team as the permanent employees and was given a list of roughly 20 clients to liaise with, independently. Towers Watson values each employee and provides an environment of constant learning and opportunities of growth. – more... Working on the client-front, every tomorrow was as challenging as required to keep monotony at bay.
One of my self-realizations on the job was how good I was at communication skills and my team always provided me with opportunity after the other to build and maintain strong client relations. Towers Watson was the perfect platform, I believe, for me to base my career on as a fresher. – less
Great People made it a great company to work for.
Office Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: being laid off
I spent my whole career there I can't say a bad word about Towers Watson I was sad to leave when I was laid off. That said I learned a lot while I was there so I am very grateful for that. I learned how to use all of the Microsoft applications, deal with internal and external clients face to face and on the phone. I learned everything I know from working – more... there. – less
Fun
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 7, 2014
Very eager to help you learn. I did a lot of stuff at the job that involved learning and stuff. I dont know why I have to submit this review twice, please stop requiring me to repeat myself indeed.
NA
Actuary Analyst Intern (Current Employee), GurgaonMarch 4, 2014
Company is good and have professional environment. Everyone is very supportive.
Multi faceted workplace
Invoice Processing Analyst (Former Employee), Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: excitement using espionage tecniques and relationship building
Cons: low salary as compared with competitors
A typical day at work begins with meetings of surprise assignments and finalization of audit reports to be submitted for scrutiny of supervisors. I learned a lot of banking operations and processes in my stint with this company.

The management is determined to beat competition. It is also focused on how to eliminate if not lessen business risks of – more... banking. Co-workers put their best efforts to make the team always on the go.

The hardest part of the job is being skeptic about possibility of fraud that makes suspicion one of the standard operating procedure. It requires detailed investigation and balancing relationships with fellow bank employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is its non-routinary nature since every assignment is a different challenge. – less
cultures vary from city to city. Casual business attire.
Records Specialist/Production Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: jeans to work, some free lunches once in a while
Cons: cold corporate management style, not serious about keeping good administrative talent (despite trying to say the opposite)
no opportunity for advancement in either administrative assistant division or office services division. Cultures vary from city to city. Some offices are suit and tie. Some are casual business attire. Good people, opportunity for fun culture, cold corporate management.
Summary of Employment at Towers Watson
Healthcare Benefits Admin (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: annual bonus
Provide administrative services for employers and additional associates with group insurance policies via inbound calls. Organize, explain and manage several employer based insurance programs. Review and explain benefits with customers and employers.
Awesome, productive company that always put learning first.
Associate Services Team (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 10, 2014
I had the opportunity to be employed by this great company for nearly 5 years. The culture, standards and building itself are all 5 start. My employment ended unfortunately, due to a merger and subsequent bout of layoffs. I would definitely work here again. I have only good things to say about Towers Watson. The knowledge and relationships that I gained – more... here are priceless. – less
productive workplace
Administration Assistant (Work Experience 1Week) (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good business
RESPONSIBILITIES:
Office administration support, including developing the structure of a filing system in line with guidelines provided, bar-coding files, recording details of files on an on-line records management system.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
I settled into the team very quickly and was able to improve my communication skills through the training I received – more... and the work I did with colleagues of different levels. I made effective use of my organisational skills by suggesting improvements to the way the previous filing system had been organised. I also played my part in the team by dealing with post, photocopying, making drinks and other routine tasks. I got a good impression of how a large office works day to day and the standards required in the office of a professional services firm. – less
Pension Administration (Former Employee), BrusselsJanuary 6, 2014
the hardest part of the job is fitting in and learning all the new information on such a limited time, and when you do not get the information on time you can not continue working.

the fun part is that it is kind of a family, when you get included.
It is a very chanlenging job.
Nice work environment with nice chairs and ergonomics computer keyboard
Pension Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches and nice work environment with few or no stress.
A typical day at work is pretty busy. The work is essentially intellectual and almost no physical work. I learn about retirement and pension benefit. The management is really good and there are some free lunches. Co-workers are really helpful. The hardest part of the job is to meet the deadline while getting all the paperwork complete. The most enjoyable – more... part of the work is the free lunch especially when it is barbecue. – less
Office Services Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2013
Great company to work for

Most enjoyable part helping clients and internal clients
High Paced Productive Employment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2013
Pros: large knowledge base to add to employee's experience.
Cons: low compensation compared to industry competition
Good employer for entry level person to start. Employee can gain experience from many different lines of business to further their career line. Drawback is low compensation/benefit level compared to industry competitors. Manage has high level of involvement with employee groups which can hinder on productivity levels.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more