Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice work environment with nice chairs and ergonomics computer keyboard
Pension Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches and nice work environment with few or no stress.
A typical day at work is pretty busy. The work is essentially intellectual and almost no physical work. I learn about retirement and pension benefit. The management is really good and there are some free lunches. Co-workers are really helpful. The hardest part of the job is to meet the deadline while getting all the paperwork complete. The most enjoyable – more... part of the work is the free lunch especially when it is barbecue. – less
Office Services Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2013
Great company to work for

Most enjoyable part helping clients and internal clients
High Paced Productive Employment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2013
Pros: large knowledge base to add to employee's experience.
Cons: low compensation compared to industry competition
Good employer for entry level person to start. Employee can gain experience from many different lines of business to further their career line. Drawback is low compensation/benefit level compared to industry competitors. Manage has high level of involvement with employee groups which can hinder on productivity levels.
I'm apart of a team that works well with each other
Office Services Mail Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2013
Pros: working in one of the nicer areas of manhattan
Cons: lack of job security
- A typical day at work involves delivering packages to associates, creating production jobs for employees and clients, ordering office supplies, stocking pantries and copy rooms, and helping all lines of business when needed.
- I learned how a corporate office operates and functions, and how to be apart of a strong and tight knit office services team – more... that assists one another, and does every task to the best of my ability.
- I worked quite well with, and had a strong work relationship with all co-workers. A great job was done in putting each department and team together.
- The toughest part of my job, yet the part of my job that I believe I excel at is all of the multitasking that is involved when things get busy.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help our co-workers with client projects in order to meet deadlines or last minute client needs. – less
Great way to succeed.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Los, Angeles CaliforniaNovember 20, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: keeping up with supplies needed to produce
Overall the job is a great gateway to advance a career, and see more opportunities.
My Co-workers
Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed going to work every day because of my co-workers. Everyone was always willing to stop what they are doing to help each other. We always had a team spirit type atmosphere in order to get the job done. It made for a very pleasant working experience.
Smart motivated associates committed to contributing to the success of clients.
Global Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
Pros: exciting challenges in all areas of the global consultancy offer opportunities to learn.
Cons: post-merger growing pains and changing organizatonal structure.
Towers Watson consults most of the finest companies around the world on their key issues: financial services, risk management, human resources, benefits across industries and geographies.

Working in the Corporate Marketing Department, I learned about each of the company's business and worked on the major project of developing and launching the new – more... merged external and internal websites. It was a great experience.

In addition, I was often called on to stretch beyond my core skill set of marketing and communications to do knowledge management and competitor analysis.

I worked with associates and clients around the world. My days could touch associates in China, the United Kingdom, Spain, and all regions of the United States and associates at all levels and in all divisions.

Better than an MBA! – less
Large global Human Resources and Consulting firm with varied opportunities.
Benefits Data Source Analyst (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee, casual fridays, gym and parking discounts, quarterly social events
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, fragmented management
While I can only speak about the White Plains location, my time at Towers Watson has been fulfilling and productive. Unfortunately, advancement opportunities are few and far between, and the day-to-day work is rote and uninspiring.
Starter role
HR PeopleSoft Administrator (Former Employee), LondonOctober 23, 2013
Pros: london based
Cons: no progression
Based in the Central London office, I was part of the HR Shared Services function, responsible for providing HR Administration support to the Recruitment team, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefit and Global Assignment teams.

• Managed and supported the PeopleSoft information system: hires, leavers, employee transfers and all general employee – more... data management for UK, Europe and Asia.

• Successfully produced and delivered management reports using Excel & PeopleSoft. Reports contained full details of new hires, leavers and compensation changes.

• Managed and maintained hard copies of employee files, ensured appropriate access was granted to appropriate HR personnel.

• Maintained regular communication at all levels within the organisation, including Payroll, Benefits & Country Administrators, ensuring an efficient administration service was provided. – less
Contract with Towers Watson
UI/UX Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Working remotely for the most part I helped design surveys used by Fortune 500 HR departments.
Productive very professional busy work place.
Records Management Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2013
Checking my emails and phone messages of my colleague.
To work on a business and professional level.
Dealing with the business of the HR Administration.
A business and a professional working relationship.
Special Projects.
Up keeping the HR employee files records.
Great people to work with
HR Service Delivery Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2013
Great people to work with and room to grow your career. There is a lot of great learning opportunities.
If only money matters, then go for it
Service Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2013
Pros: financially stable, health benefits, pension, 401k
Cons: micromanaged, no work/life balance, workaholic culture
The company overall is very financially stable and successful but that's about all the positive feedback I can provide.

The management was absolutely horrific in the service center and HR did nothing about it because the department had strong financials. I was never provided any positive feedback on my performance (which was very good for being there – more... nearly 5 years). The company does a lot to recruit new clients and retain them, but unfortunately it is at the expense of the employees outside life. I was expected to work 10-11 hour days consistently. I would totally agree with the reviewer who said it is a "workoholic" culture.

People there overall are friendly (aside from management), but nobody really has the time to genuinely get to know others because everything is tremendously micromanaged and "time is money" is constantly on your mind. – less
Good variety of work
Analyst (Retirement Band 2.1) (Former Employee), LondonAugust 7, 2013
Pros: deli bar
Cons: long hours/ late nights
You're assigned to individual client teams and everyone manages their own workload. The good thing is that you never know what you'll be asked to do next and how far you progress depends on which area you'd like to be working in. My co-workers are quite friendly and helpful and everyone works hard.
Challenging environement
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), EuropeJuly 31, 2013
- Client facing

- Professional excellence required

- Challenging actuarial problems
Very professional and driven group
Administrative Assistant - RTC (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: health insurance requires high deductibles
A typical day at work would be checking responding to emails, checking in with Consultants to get an idea of their anticipated day. Attending meetings and working on various assigments and projects.
Financial Billing Analyst (Former Employee), phila, paJuly 23, 2013
It was a pleasure working with Towers Watson. I gained a lot of experience, just wish the department would've stayed.
An excellent place to start your career with
Actuarial Analyst Trainee (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 4, 2013
A good p-lace where you get a lot to learn. People in team are always there to help you out not just to tell how but also to tell you why to do it. The most enjoyable part of job was to spend time with my friends there who were also my colleagues and to achieve the targets so as to remain ahead of others.
Insecure culture full of passive-agressive actuaries
Consultant (Former Employee), USAJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefits / job security
Cons: terrible culture / bus-drivers
It's a great name and great revenue, but most of the people are actuaries that have been promoted to "king of the nerd" status...there are few people with personalities, and having a personality is viewed as a negative there...many people are insecure and very passive aggressive (to the point of rude...)...i resigned due to excessive "blockers" and – more... many unkept promises...creativity and OTB thinking is reserved only for people that have been there 10+ years.....it feels like a pyramid scheme there....

if you want to stare at a spreadsheet all day and work with socially awkward people, than go for it! otherwise, aim for a better firm...

pay is decent, benefits are GREAT. – less
Ok company
Actuarial analyst (Current Employee), gurgaonMay 21, 2013
TW is in risk consulting. My work is about employee benefit schemes, My basic reason to change is to have a work life balance and also want to get a desirable pay as per my academics.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more