Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2014
Very little understanding for work/life balance. Good benefits but raises and promotions are difficult to obtain. They like to have you do the next level job up without officially promoting or giving raise for new responsibilities.
Brilliant people, challenging work, dynamic atmosphere
Investment Consulting Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 16, 2013
Towers Watson provided a challenging environment that required hard work, innovative thinking, and a commitment to excellence.
Poor computer systems
Executive Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2012
Towers Watson is a great company to work for but was at the time of my employment there plagued with poor computer systems which would make an already tedious - more frustrating. Long hours would eventually result.

The job entailed a lot of the requirements to be self taught. Training was only sufficient in learning about the company but the core work – more... itself had a significantly steep learning curve. – less
Very Diverse workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 26, 2014
Working for the Risk and Financial Services department was fun and rewarding. I was extremely happy to become involved in the invoice of client needs once services were rendered. Oracle database was the driving force of our billing concepts.

The Most rewarding part of the job was working with a wonderful group of people worldwide.
professional, collaborative culture
Project Manager & Employee Survey Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2014
Professional, collaborative culture. Senior Leaders truly care about employees and go out of their way to ensure the population is engaged.
Towers Watson in Stockholm: very good management and work life culture.
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee), Stockholm, MEMay 25, 2014
Pros: a lot of authority to do your own job.
Empathetic managment and very nice people working in the office.
It was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Records Management Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: it was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Cons: growth limitations
It was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Towers Watson allowed me to be a leader
Production / Mailroom Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 24, 2014
Pros: i was able to get to know amazing people at a great job
Cons: i was laid off
Print and collate documents for clients. I did quality assurance, making sure all printed documents are ready for delivery to clients as requested.

I learned to listen to co-workers and then voice an opinion, is the best way come up with new ideas to improve customer service and the company.

The hardest part of the job is when a client feels over – more... whelmed in there work and finds it hard to communication the issue. It slows down work productivity, My responsibility is to find out the miss communication, and reassure the client that the situation is understood will be resolved on time.

The enjoyable part of the job, is working with co-workers and clients getting the job request for the day done. – less
Good
Technical lead (Current Employee), chicagoApril 17, 2014
Good location and work environment. Professional work environment.
Fast paced, very corporate & lovely people
PA/EA (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 11, 2014
Pros: a very flexible employer, within reason
Cons: no career path for administration staff
My role is extrememly varied with a whole load of deadlines to prioritise and work to. I am mainly working off of email and I am juggling global diary management across all time zones, co-ordinating global business trips, conferences/briefings (internal & external) as well as other ad-hoc duties like data collections, survey management, monitoring client – more... work, NDA's & general office management.
The team I work with are of a mixed age and culture and are all great to work with, very approachable and flexible. – less
Client Satisfaction Oriented Company
Benefits Specialist, Survivor Support Advocate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches during the fall and sodas free all year round
Cons: healthcare
Answering calls from people who are having issues navigating Employee Self Service Website, questions about their health or pension benefits, and expanding knowledge on ever-changing market. The management is focused on keeping our clients happy and maintaining low answer speeds.
Towers Watson
Senior Team Lead - Benefit Service Center (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 23, 2014
Not enough push to advance within the company. Most advanced positions were filled from outside the company, which caused employee dissatisfaction.

Pay was decent.

Benefits were decent.

Many employees come off as overworked.
Great people and company
People Manager/Admin Manager/Business Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 22, 2014
Great people and company. Lively, buzzy atmosphere. Very professional.
Challenging and interesting job, great team work
Consultant (Former Employee), Shanghai ChinaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: career development, work with intelligent people
Cons: hard to keep work life balanced
Your workday started with reading and replying bunch of emails from internal team members from different offices all over the world and the external clients. How to manage big projects cross countries and work with people from different culture under tight timeline is challenging but exciting. The enjoyable part of the job is you will never be bored – more... with the job as the clients is various from project from project; in the other side, this also required you to lean fast and be flexible and capable to solve problems. Fortunately, you are not working alone, most of the time, great team work will make all the challenges solved smoothly. Overall great work experience in Towers Watson. – less
Productive Work Environment
Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaMarch 17, 2014
Good place to work, friendly team members.
Perfect place to work with great mangment.
terrible firm
administrator (Former Employee), Redhill ukMarch 14, 2014
Cons: rubbish systems especially extensity time management
This was a company still using microfiches and archaic management. The boss was awful and everybody had a different way of doing the work.
The first day included a frosty meeting with the boss and then witness her have a stand up row with a co worker etc etc
HR were uninterested and incompetent
On the last day of the first six months without any warning – more... or previous discussions they fired me quite unexpectedly
Avoid – less
Everyone is valued
Benefits Intern (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRMarch 12, 2014
As an intern, I was surprised at the level of responsibility and exposure provided to me. I was treated to be as much a part of the team as the permanent employees and was given a list of roughly 20 clients to liaise with, independently. Towers Watson values each employee and provides an environment of constant learning and opportunities of growth. – more... Working on the client-front, every tomorrow was as challenging as required to keep monotony at bay.
One of my self-realizations on the job was how good I was at communication skills and my team always provided me with opportunity after the other to build and maintain strong client relations. Towers Watson was the perfect platform, I believe, for me to base my career on as a fresher. – less
Great People made it a great company to work for.
Office Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: being laid off
I spent my whole career there I can't say a bad word about Towers Watson I was sad to leave when I was laid off. That said I learned a lot while I was there so I am very grateful for that. I learned how to use all of the Microsoft applications, deal with internal and external clients face to face and on the phone. I learned everything I know from working – more... there. – less
Fun
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 7, 2014
Very eager to help you learn. I did a lot of stuff at the job that involved learning and stuff. I dont know why I have to submit this review twice, please stop requiring me to repeat myself indeed.
NA
Actuary Analyst Intern (Current Employee), GurgaonMarch 4, 2014
Company is good and have professional environment. Everyone is very supportive.

1 2 3 4 5

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more