Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company, good people.
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2015
A bit dry but an enjoyable workplace nonetheless. Good worklife balance and culture.
Overall decent Jobs
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: paid dinners if you stay late
Cons: on average over 60 hours a week
Have to stay late every day, and have to work past dinner time and sometimes on weekends
Management is all about making money
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, management not professional
management dont really care much about employees and all they thing is their bonus at the end of the year
Stressful place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2014
Very little understanding for work/life balance. Good benefits but raises and promotions are difficult to obtain. They like to have you do the next level job up without officially promoting or giving raise for new responsibilities.
Brilliant people, challenging work, dynamic atmosphere
Investment Consulting Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 16, 2013
Towers Watson provided a challenging environment that required hard work, innovative thinking, and a commitment to excellence.
Poor computer systems
Executive Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2012
Towers Watson is a great company to work for but was at the time of my employment there plagued with poor computer systems which would make an already tedious - more frustrating. Long hours would eventually result.

The job entailed a lot of the requirements to be self taught. Training was only sufficient in learning about the company but the core work itself had a significantly steep learning curve.
Great company, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTJanuary 21, 2015
This company is great to work for. Benefits are great and the work environment is professional and friendly
Good place to intern
Analyst - Health and Group Benefits (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Lockton is a great place to intern. The pay is not very competitive, but the work environment is a good learning experience on how full time workers spend their days in an office in Downtown Los Angeles. You are exposed to a wide variety of projects, as long as you continue to be available and ask for guidance.
Fast-paced workplace environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: met great friends
Cons: my client was slow, not a lot of activity
A temporary job for two months. Lots of communication between different people. Hard sitting for eight hours a day with a low call volume though. I wasn't on a busy client.
A perfect work environment
Pension Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
It doesn't take long to fit into a job, and to become familiar with the job environment. If you begin with asking many questions, then successfully obtaining the information, you can easily distribute said knowledge not only to the clients but also to your fellow coworkers. Taking the time to get to know your work place will better speed the process of your work experience.
Great people, not so great everything else
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoy everyone I work with and everyone is overly friendly (almost too friendly). I think where this job lost me was how everyone comes in as a contractor and they will extend your contract indefinitely in order to prevent making you a permanent employee. This prevents you from getting a pay increase as well as benefits.

I also didn't like the work much, as it was pretty tedious and the people who called in were generally upset about something. Other than that, it was a great job. Free soda too!
Senior Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 7, 2015
State of the Art Facility
Benefits Administrator- Contract (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: ton of work and hours! free pop
I was hired on for Annual Enrollment 2015. I learned new skills during training, on the job training, and throughout my daily routine. My typical day at work was non-stop and I loved it. During Annual Enrollment I received hundreds of calls from employees of our clients. The types of calls I handled were to enroll the employee in benefits, payroll issues, online portal support, and Health & Welfare plan knowlege. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a Death notification call. These calls are tough, you must have compassion and sympathy for those are talking to, they just lost a loved one and have to call in to ask questions regarding the deceases' life insurance. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I spoke with, the relationship with my co-workers/Managers, and our state-of-the-art facility.
Company that helps you develop thick skin
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 20, 2014
Working for Towers was good in the sense that it made me stronger and prepared me for my next position. I learned a lot and feel that I was able to succeed in my other jobs because of the training I had at Towers. The hardest part of the job was flexibility and knowing that there wasn't much room for growth, and if there was, we never really knew about it because no one ever told us or enabled us to grow.
if like consistancy
Benefits System Administrator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits for associates
Cons: no room for growth
TW is okay for entry level, I tried to move out of the call center and my new job was outsourced. If your okay with staying in the same dept and not much option for change this may be a good fit for you.
application data processor
Application Data Processor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 24, 2014
great company to work for. no benefits tho........
• Ensure that internal and external service levels are met in a timely and high-quality manner
• Facilitate application data collection from participants in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure CMS, DOI and Carrier partner compliance requirements are met
• Resolve escalated issues in a timely manner to promote customer satisfaction
• Maintain client and participant data with the highest level of accuracy
N/A
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2014
I've learned so much at TW! The other business analysts I work with are a wealth of knowledge and provide much by way of support. The hardest part of this job was lack of training provided.
Global Service Company
Benefit Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbridge, CTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: respectful, flexable, professional
Cons: temp work
Company is strong, global and diversified.
Opportunities are available if you are hired as a permanent employee.
Not much opportunity if you are a contractor or a temp.
Oracle DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Oracle DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2014
• Creating a new change over schema on the production databases. Was involved in the Quality Assurance (QA) and the Enterprise Change Management (CM) as well.
• Implemented Oracle Data Guard for oracle disaster recovery and OEM for database monitoring, performance and diagnostics have been configured
• Migration of database servers from Non-RAC (non-ASM) environment on 64 bit UNIX to RAC (with ASM) environment on HPUX.
• Monitored and tuning database to optimize the performance. Tuning involved I/O, Memory, CPU utilization, SQL Tuning, SGA tuning, Shared Pool tuning, Buffers and Disk I/O tuning using Oracle’s regular performance tuning tools like Explain Plan, Statspack, SQL*Trace, Tkprof, AWR & ADDM.
• Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and query performance bottlenecks by using tools Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Implemented Oracle Data Change Capture supported by Oracle Streams
• Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN which includes database hot backup, archive backup, obsolete backup and crosscheck backups.
Good consulting firm, poor work environment
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 22, 2014
The work performed and level of professionalism are very high.
The working culture and environment though, lacks quite a bit.

1 2 3 4 5

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more