Position: Tourism Kimberley Coordinator, Visitors Centre & Administration
Hours: 21 - 25 hours per week, year round. Some regional travel may be required.
Locations: Kimberley Visitors Centre.
Wage: Commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: July 1, 2013 5:00 PM
Tourism Kimberley Overview:
Tourism Kimberley is a non-profit Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). The primary purpose of Tourism Kimberley is to collaborate with their stakeholders to promote tourism in key markets in order to raise awareness of Kimberley and increase nightly visitation.
Tourism Kimberley has two staff positions (Executive Director and Coordinator) and is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 11 tourism industry stakeholders.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director, the Coordinator position is an excellent opportunity to grow tourism career skills and industry relationships. In addition to being the front desk representative at the Kimberley Visitors Centre, the Coordinator will accomplish a diversity of tasks including day-to-day administrative responsibilities, membership and organizational duties, and assisting and organizing specific marketing campaigns.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
(1) Front Desk Visitor Centre Representative:
- Promote Kimberley as a visitor destination by providing information and fulfilling all visitor requests.
- Maintain a clean facility including inside displays, on site restrooms, and entrance areas.
- Gather visitor information via surveys and other mediums.
- Support and promote the various festivals and events hosted in Kimberley.
- Inform potential investors of investment opportunities (Invest Kootenay programs) and refer investment inquires to appropriate organization (Economic Development Office, Chamber of Commerce).
- Day to day communications: answer phones, answer general emails, handle mail
- Management and organization of the Tourism Kimberley email database
- Weekly meetings with the Executive Director.
- Organize additional meetings and reports.
- Assisting the Executive Director in other administrative duties as needed.
- Coordinating membership renewals, maintaining membership database, assist with member recruitment.
- Coordinating membership communications to ensure that Tourism Kimberley is up to date in all listings and promotions.
- Assisting with membership and stakeholder relations.
(4) Marketing & Other:
- Coordinating and representing Kimberley at consumer shows.
- Assisting with the coordination of media and travel trade tours.
- Updating Tourism Kimberley website (Drupal software experience an asset).
- Updating social media campaigns and online forums.
- Assisting with the management of statistics and metrics.
- Assisting in various projects related to tourism research.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of Kimberley’s tourism activities.
- Experience with administrative responsibilities.
- Works well on own with limited supervision and can handle fast paced environment
- Organized and self motivated.
- High level of knowledge working with Microsoft Office programs.
- High level of knowledge working with social media programs (Facebook, Twitter).
- High level of knowledge navigating the internet.
- Appreciation for Kimberley’s outdoor and mountain living.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Tourism Kimberley is a non-profit Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). The primary purpose of Tourism Kimberley is to collaborate with...