Note - applicant must be a full time student.
Position: Kimberley Visitors Centre – Guest Services & Administration
Term: Start date: July 2, 2013. End date: September 2, 2013.
Hours: 24 – 30 hours per week, weekends, evenings.
Location(s): Kimberley Visitors Centre. Some regional travel may be required.
Wage: $13.00 per hour
In addition to being a front desk representative at the Kimberley Visitors Centre, the successful candidate will accomplish a diversity of administrative tasks and organize and perform visitor surveys.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- Promote Kimberley as a visitor destination by providing tourism information.
- Maintain a clean facility including inside displays, on site restrooms, and entrance areas.
- Gather visitor information via surveys and other mediums.
- Support and promote the various festivals and events hosted in Kimberley.
- Inform potential investors of investment opportunities (Invest Kootenay programs) and refer investment inquires to appropriate organization (Economic Development Office, Chamber of Commerce).
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of Kimberley’s tourism activities.
- Experience with administrative responsibilities.
- Works well on own with limited supervision and can handle fast paced environment
- Organized and self motivated.
- High level of knowledge working with Microsoft Office programs.
- High level of knowledge navigating the internet.
- Appreciation for Kimberley’s outdoor and mountain living.
Tourism Kimberley is a non-profit Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). The primary purpose of Tourism Kimberley is to collaborate with...