Total

Total Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very positive work place environment
Graduation Intern (Current Employee), ZEMay 20, 2015
Great learning experience as a graduation student with a lot of freedom to evolve. And opportunities to grow are always provided within the company.
The biggest oil marketing company in Africa
International Aviation Sales Manager (Former Employee), Harare, ZimbabweMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, medicare and fuel
Cons: Slim career advancement prospects
A big organisation with a emphasis on safety, standard compliance and huge market share. It was a good company to work for but I had reached my advancement ceiling too soon and was moving positions laterally.
Good
Vice President – Finance & Corp. Affairs (Former Employee), SuvaApril 19, 2015
Island culture. Great working environment. Difficult political situation and geographically quite remote. Different time zone and currency.
MY REVIEW
CASHIER (Current Employee), Burgersfort, LPMarch 28, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS BUSY BUT WE GET THROUGH IT.
I LEARNED THAT TEAM WORK IS VERY IMPORTANT IN THE WORKPLACE.
MANAGEMENT ARE FRIENDLY AND ASSIST US GREATLY.
MY CO WORKERS ARE FRIENDLY AND WE HAVE A GREAT RELATIONSHIP.
THE HARDEST PART TO BE HONEST IS THE RUDE CUSTOMER BUT IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF WORK IS GETTING THE JOB DONE
very productive
general worker (Current Employee), Touwsrivier, WCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: enjoying work with friends
Cons: almost never of on a sunday to go to church
Always busy.Working as a group you can do everything.Management always willing to help.co-workers always helps and make the working place fun.There is no hardest part of my job.Working with my friends and enjoying my live.
Healthy atmosphere, many opportunities to excel and team work spirit is encouraged
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Sanaa, YemenDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee activities for their moral, lots of training, friendly atmosphere
Cons: long hours, very stressful
My job was mainly monitoring the media and follow up with community related projects for the company. Develop new strategies to enhance the company's image to the public and the government. I worked very closely with top management to communicate the planning and implementation of those strategies as well as being able to discuss effectively any decisions that are critical to the company.

My job was very stressful and some issues were not predictable. I did not have fixed working hours and had to stay over time in some days or come in on weekends. Or at times I had to work from home. but I had enjoyment working in such position because I felt how valuable I was in the company and how I have benefited personally and professionally from this job. I have learned how to be patient and work under stress with a calm manner and have improved my social and communication skills. I did a lot of public speaking which I found was one of my strengths and my greatest enjoyment.

This company has helped excel in so many ways and widened up my mind to be able to think out of the box. My people's network grew much bigger from government officials to members in charitable organizations.

I had the support and guidance of my managers and co-workers and made good relations with everybody.
n/a
Machine Operator I (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 13, 2014
Wasn't t a satisfying job. This job was stressful at times. Got along with my cowokers
The best place to work
SQL Developer (Former Employee), Addis AbabaOctober 29, 2014
The best place to work.
More professional work environment
Friendly management and team-oriented staffs
Great First Job for those still in college
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: no benefits till hired on permanent
I worked for 3 years while i went College at night best job to have not very stressful.
Good Company to work for.
Drilling HSE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), LuandaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: onshore and offshore assignments
Cons: rotation schedule 28 x 28
Good Company to work for. Opportunity to gain allot of experience.
Productive and Challenging Workplace
Finance and Administration (Former Employee), SuvaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: we were provided meal allowance on daily basis as there was no nearby canteens around
Cons: month end incorrect journals
My day starts of logging into PC fresh start with greeting each other around.
Learned - teamwork, mutual support, importance of customers, safety at workplace, cheerful services to everyone
Management - Time management, deadlines, prioritizing
Co-workers - Friendly and comfortable co-workers who provide assistance to each other
hardest part of job - when we were changing accounting package from JDE to SAP
enjoyable part of Job - Good working conditions
need new challenges
cashier (Current Employee), Hillbrow, GPJune 24, 2014
Pros: meeting new types of people daily
Cons: long hours and little salary
go to work, work shift and go home there is no future won't be promoted is this line of work. co workers i have a good personal relationship. the hardest part of the job is pay day and the most enjoyable is the people I work with
Very friendly good working enviroment
petrol station attendant (Former Employee), Daventry, ENGJune 23, 2014
Cons: just needed new till badly
Very friendly good working enviroment, everything about this job was good apart from they needed a new till as it was breaking down constantly
CASHIER
PETROL ATTENDANT , CASHIER ,MECHANDISER (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPJune 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
GOT ON THE WORNG WITH THE CUSTOMER.
BE PUNCTUAL AND WORK HARD.
WE WORKED AS A TEAM
BE MORE MOTIVATED.
WHEN A CUSTOMER FINDS AN EXPIRED PRODUCT ON THE SHELVE LINE.
BE NEAT AND CLEAN.
TOTAL: a French Multinational company that really cares about your training
French PA (Former Employee), RomeFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: training, bonus and benefits
Cons: some department work long hours
Working for Total was truly enriching, it has a proper company culture, where everyone immediately feels part of a team. You work hard, play hard and a lot of time is dedicated to training and appraisals, in order to help people to progress with their career within the company.
Awesome workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), LagosFebruary 15, 2014
• Provided efficient customer service in a retail environment
• Answered client inquiries regarding inventory availability in a courteous manner
• Marketed the company’s products such as petrol and gasoline to meet targets
Total Systems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GaJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, nice supervisors
Cons: room for advancement and pay
I have learned and built excellent customer service skills with this company. They do welcome any ideas that may help improve procedures and morale within the company.
fine
PETROL ATTENDENT (Former Employee), haartebeesJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: fine
Cons: fine
had a good relationship with the company, i had obtained lots of skills
Productive and fun work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kololi, The GambiaNovember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: lack of training for staff
The management at Autofix also managed the Total gas station and Mini market. Due to my hard work and trustworthiness at Autofix the management promoted me to manage the mini market because they were experiencing losses. At the beginning it was hard because everything was done manually. Nothing was computerized therefore at the end of every month I had to tally the sales with what we had in stock. I had to make sure that the staff were not stealing to prevent losses. I had to work day and night to make sure that we maintained a good customer service. I learnt how to run a business and how to build good relationships with suppliers to get better deals. Management was really good but some of the staff needed a little more training. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when all the systems had to be changed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to train staff about customer service and urge management to start a computerized system.
Productive workplace
Operations Manager to Site Manager (Current Employee), Richards Bay, ZNOctober 17, 2013
Cons: long hours
I Learned alot about how a company is run and about costing and GP on products and also alot about managing staff and anylizing problems on the admin side of the business, Hardest part of the Job I would say is working the long hours , But i enjoy working with the numbers and seeing how the shop grows - As i came from head office (Zululand Petroluim) I know what it is do anylize reports and why it is important to pay attention to reports and now feel its time to move on to the next challenge and broaden my knowledge.

Typical day at work : Checking stock in, Costing and GP on products , Cashups dealing with customer and staff problems.

1 2 3 4 5