TOTAL SAFETY

TOTAL SAFETY Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
there was no possibility for advancement
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: met and worked with some great people
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
raises were not given fairly
no opportunity for advancement
made some great friends
Awsome place to work
HSE Safety Supervisor / H2S Technician (Current Employee), Evanston, WYAugust 20, 2014
I Help Dads/Moms/Husbands/wifes and everyone else make it home safe to there families every night
Lacks Structure
support (Current Employee), Karnes City, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: inconsistent management, lack of structure, lack of communication, politics
Cons: hours and the pay wasnt to bad either
Management positions had a revolving door which led to the lack of direction for employees.
really enjoyed the people I worked with
Holewatch/Firewatch (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: expectional foremans
Cons: distant supervisor
really enjoyed the people I worked with. The hardest thing about the job was the weather conditions
Poorly managed
SAFETY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 7, 2014
The division I worked in was the worst managed division ever.
Growing company with good infastructure
Certified Safety Specialists (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 6, 2014
Great place to work with above average supervisors. Benifits and compensation are average. This is a good company to start out with in the field of Occupational Safety or H2S compliance.
I enjoy this line of work. Satisfaction of satisfying the customer's needs & expectations.
Project Manager / Fire Services Department (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 2, 2014
This review covers my entire career because I basically had the same "job" at each company.
I love my job or jobs because of many reasons. This is what I do & have been doing for 15 plus years. I feel like I have freedom without anyone having to micromanage me. My co-workers are great, but I get along with everyone anyway.
The most enjoyable part of – more... my job is being able to start and complete a task with the customer being satisfied. I love to be able to satisfy the customer's needs and expectations. It also brings a level of satisfaction for me.
Ever since starting my career, I have always tried to learn the most that I could possibly learn, about everything. "The more you know, the better."
I really can't say that their is a hard part to my job. One reason is probably because I love what I do. – less
N/A
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee), Gonzales, LAMay 29, 2014
Great company to work for, everyone employed with the company helps one another on and off the job.
This job is not for everyone.
Alarm Response Dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2014
Pros: covered parking
Cons: short breaks, old equipment
Log in get set and go! Customer service is a must here, your dealing with delicate situations and must be in control of the call at all times.
Its always great when you and your co-workers can work well together, but its very important to be focused and alert.
The hardest part of this job for me was no room for growth, not a place to shine. I really – more... liked knowing I was helping people and making a difference in their lives. Just a calm helpful voice on the phone can ease a worried mind, – less
enjoyed working in different refineries and meeting new people from around the world
hole watch / fire watch (Current Employee), salt lake city, utahMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good fast money, lots of overtime
Cons: working seven days a week twelve hours a day
a typical day of work was making sure all employees were working safely, staying alert on job and working well with others.
I learned how to communicate and deal with different types of people on a daily basis, including problem solving and defusing heated situations
the management part can be difficult at times, but for the most part communication – more... is key to a positive environment
the hardest part of the job can be the hours, working seven days a week twelve hours a day can really take it's toll on your body, so you have to make sure you get the proper rest so you stay alert at all times
the thing I enjoyed most about this type of work is meeting and working with different people from all around the world – less
fun job
Firewatch (Former Employee), Sulphur La.March 20, 2014
sitting around waiting for Inspectors may go out once or twice to holewatch management is a lot of work. work with really nice co workers the hardest part is sitting and waiting the most enjoyable part is lunch.
Review
Firewatch (Former Employee), Chalmette, LAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: jobs did not last too long because they were turn-around jobs which lasted from 1 to several months.
I would come on and get my job assignment for whatever crew I was on that day. I learned to be observant to make sure that no fires broke out for the welding dept. Most of the co-workers that I worked with did the same thing so I never was with any of them. The hardest part of the job was to the paperwork and getting used to it. After that it was no – more... so hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from around the tri-state area. Also doing a good job for the people you worked for. – less
Work lots of hours to make good money.
Fire watch (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes and got alone w/ everybody.
Cons: just making money.
I love it very much because i was making a lot money and also getting alone w/ a lot of people. When Hurricane hit LaPlace i moved away for year.
Company Overrated
Adminstration (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2014
This particular company reels you in giving you false hopes. They make you think it is a good place to move up, and the pay is great. There is a lot of opportunity to move around in the company, however when you get to that point they refuse to give you the recommendation needed to get to where you want to be. They do not even give annual cost of living – more... raises. Some people have been there for 6 years plus and NEVER receieved a raise, and they work you to the bone. Some people are doing the job of 2 or 3 people and not even being compensated for it, and then when you get over whelmed and people start complaining you get let go due to "re-organizational changes" It was a very stressful place to work, and management does not have YOUR best interest at heart, only the benefit of themselves. – less
productive
Shop Technician (Current Employee), Karnes City, TXFebruary 9, 2014
love the people i work with. you look out for others when you start thinking about safety
productive work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), TXJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoy Total Safety my co workers were very friendly we all respected each other I enjoy training others traveling as well meeting new faces I've learn a lot at this place it helped me to advance my skills the hardest part about working at this place is getting caught up in traffic my job was not hard
laborer
Laborer (Former Employee), South Point, OHJanuary 19, 2014
The best part of my jobs is that everyone got along with one another and helped each other out.
Ok company to work for.
Technician (Former Employee), Broussard, LADecember 20, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: hard to get earned raises
OK company to work for, not the best but not the worst. Good entry level job to oilfield industry that's about it.
Great experience!
Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 5, 2013
I was able to meet a lot of new people. Flint Hills job site was the best! Project Manager for Sinclair job site needs to work more on work ethics and understand the true meaning as "working as a family"!
Construction temp.
Fire Watch (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXNovember 20, 2013
Watched for hazards and maintained and secured the area that I was assigned. Filled out paperwork on every job cite. Kept track of the workers coming in and out of the hazardous area.

1 2 3 4