Total Safety U.S., Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Industrial Hygiene Technician (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LA3 January 2018
I loved the culture of Total Safety. My boss for the Industrial Hygiene Department was very easy to communicate with and understood the balance between work/family life. The benefits were also GREAT!
Pros
Benefits, Great Management
Sorry manengment
Fire Extinguisher Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX29 December 2017
No direction by management They preach safety but don't follow it. Lots of favoritism No help from HR department. Don't get sick end up in hospital they find harder work for you and run you off
Pros
There are none
Cons
Micro managing no promotions little to no on the job training
Your hard work will get you no where
CDL Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LA9 November 2017
This company will work you like a dog and then promise you raises after a year that you will never get. Their equipment is all junk and everybody will stab you in the back. There are so many managers and very few workers. One person will tell you one thing and another will tell you something else. Management is constantly changing for the worse. Do yourself a favor and drive down the street to Airgas
Pros
Cons
Junky trucks, poor management
High paced
Operations Assistant, CSSR (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, ND3 November 2017
This company is a high paced safety company that caters mainly to the Oil and Gas industry. High customer service and many other learning opportunities.
Busy steady pace
Asset Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX16 October 2017
Total Safety is the leading global provider of integrated industrial safety services, strategies and equipment necessary to keep your workers, your facility and the environment safe.
Don’t take care of employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ship Channel10 October 2017
Upper management makes sure they get their cut when it comes to bonuses. Then they will lie to the other people who are on the bonus program about not meeting numbers.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Great place to work as a stepping stone
IH Tech (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TX4 October 2017
I hired on as a temp to work a turnaround after Harvey. Things seem a little hectic due to the storm, but management is doing a great job given the circumstances.
Pros
Mileage, 7-12s
Cons
Temps get no benefits. Not paid as much as I should be relative to my work history
Permit Writer / Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA30 September 2017
Total Safety is a great place to work , if you are willing to travel, and don't mind being away from home on occasions. The environment for learning and personal growth in the field of Safety is always present
Lack of skilled management
DOT Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Laporte, TX5 August 2017
Total joke in dispatch. No direction. No vision. No enjoyment. No leaders. Very high turn over rate. Change schedules routinely. Must keep track of your time yourself and check it when you get your paycheck. You can count on your time being wrong once or twice a month.
Equipment consistently out of registration and DOT inspections. No PM schedules.
Low pay well below market. No pay raises, no performance raises. Performance appraisals are meaningless. New employee with no experience makes the same as Senior drivers. No advancement. Can not speak to any of the other departments at this company only the dispatch department. Would not recommend this company if you are a driver. There's a reason they can not keep DOT hazmat drivers employed.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Very low pay well under market for DOT hazmat drivers, no advancement, unskilled management
Overall good starting experience in a field out of your primary background. Feel happy so far.
Safety attendant (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LA13 July 2017
Good working experience; A lot of nice people,but job is somewhat slim.However, it has been a wonderful experience, specially in the out of of state turnaround.
Pros
They will contact you upon a job is available
Cons
Not busy enough during the year.
Great company
Safety Consultant-Technician Inland and Offshore (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LA28 June 2017
Total Safety is a great company to work for. I gained valuable experience. "The team" were absolutely awesome on and off the job site. The job experience and working with Total Safety was a experience I will always cherish.
Poor management
Fire Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN21 June 2017
Horrible place to work I can't say the whole company is bad but management in memphis tn is a joke it's all about them they don't care about there workers.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Poor attitudes from management, micro managing, no advancement unless you are a brown noser
N/a
Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee) –  New Jersey20 June 2017
If you're looking to just start out Total Safety Is an alright start. Pay is low, supervision only cares about they're little clique of workers, not the best job I've had lol
Need more direction
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TX19 June 2017
This company needs more direction most days their is no direction just reactive thinking. The company waits till the last minute to make a move with out thinking of the direction.
Pros
Working days
Cons
The lack of direction
Great company
AIR TECH/ SAFETY TECH (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LA17 June 2017
Great comapny. Good pay. Very professional. Helps others. Willing to teach others. I would recommend anyone to work for this company. I had a fun and life learnimg exprience at this company.
Contractor work and never a guarantee
Breathing Air Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TX31 May 2017
A constant never ending work load and pay was mediocre for how much they bragged we were making off the oil company we were contracted out to. Always more work but very little to ever bring up the job culture. Way too many managers out there with not enough technicians to do the job effectively.
No communication skills, unfair to others, all for themselves
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Garyville, LA29 May 2017
I worked for total safety on and off for 3 years with a very clean profile and not one time was I offered to be promoted. The project managers are the worst people I have ever worked for! Favoritism is a big part of this company..
Pretty good company
Turnaround Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TX9 May 2017
The job itself is pretty simple, but the pay should be a little bit higher.
The supervision was good they were concerned about the employer. Good job.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Low pay
good
Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TX8 May 2017
will work for them again good people will teach you what you need to know in the workplace very flexable will look out for you on job very safe environment
Oil field work
H2S Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX6 April 2017
Early start at work with a safety meeting & the day agenda. Safety comes first no matter what. Communacation is vitale. Our Boss is always ready to be of service for our staff & our customers as well.Our work place is out in field in the oil field industry, so it's a dirty job & dangerours as well. Completeling the job safely no recordables.
Pros
Everyone going home to their family's
Cons
Getting hurt on the job.