Total Credit Recovery Ltd

Total Credit Recovery Ltd Employee Reviews

last option
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 August 2016
The contract is very vague, everything is subjected to change and shortly and often they do. Not all but some management are rude and create hostile work environment.
Pros
easy hire
Run. Run far away.
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  225 Yorkland5 August 2016
They run the place like a sweatshop. The pay is horrible. Abusive management. This is one of the worst agencies in the industry.
Pros
They force you to learn how to tolerate abuse from horrible managers.
Cons
Absolutely everything.
Collections 1st and 3rd party
Collector/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 May 2015
On a auto dialer making 120-150 calls per day in attempts to collect debt owed.

The job itself was ok. My personal experience may not be the best one as the department I was in was not as lucrative as some as the other departments.

In our department it was difficult for most to hit their targets and it was well-known by management and otherwise that the client we were responsible for was not one of the better options.

All in all, i learned a lot about negotiation tactics and various methods of persuasion when attempting to get someone to pay off their debt.

Were I in a better department with better opportunities I think my overall experience would have been much better.
Pros
Co-workers, great team members
Cons
I was made a team leader, given more responsibility, but no raise.
Fun Workplace
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 November 2015
I really enjoyed working for Total Credit Recovery,But unfourtnley the company had closed there doors in September 2015 :( The job was collecting for over due accounts.. It was salary based as well. Management was great..
Pros
Early Fridays :)
Cons
its a great company to work for
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
working for cap1 account was a great experience i learned a lot of new things. cap1 1st assignment was easy to collect on but hard to get costumer to pay the account
productive workplace with striving people
Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2014
a typical day at work starts at morning and ends in the afternoon, mean you have more than enough time to spend with your family or errands before the day ends.

I have learned a lot, from work ethics to department-related subjects, and to more things that I dont really have an idea of before.

Management is performing at its best.

I have the greates co-workers! harmony, harmony, harmony.

Every would be hard if you don't know how to do it.
stressful environment
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2015
collecting balances on outstanding debts, difficult job but great management, hardest part of the job was reaching monthly quota
Pros
day time hours
Cons
difficult work
Fast paced, strong team, new possibilities everyday
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 August 2014
A typical day at work at Total Credit Recovery is balancing a number of calls between customers and co-workers and finding solutions to each individual issue. With a strong and supportive management team you learn the basics very quickly and even if you face a challenge that you may feel is overwhelming, the managers and supervisors and more than happy to help you out. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers but if you have patience and a strong sense of humor you can easily flip a negative into a positive, as most customers are either having a very bad day or they genuinely feel distressed by the poor customer service they previously experienced. Mostly these are my favorite customers because after a few minutes of talking to them and getting past their frustrations, I get to the heart of the matter and do my utmost to provide quality customer service, which almost always ends on a very upbeat note. I have even gotten return calls from customers leaving thank you messages on my voicemail. These are the small moments that are the most enjoyable at work.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
long distance to travel to work
a typical day at work
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON23 August 2015
At Credit Recovery i learned how to speak politely over the phone while trying to persuade them to pay for their past due balances. Having both hats on could sometimes be very hard. I was very successful and patient at this position and indeed did very well.
Contract position
InfoDirect Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 October 2013
I never saw co workers or management. I would sit all day and look up phone numbers and addresses. If I did meet my quota for the day, I would have to stay and make sure I did.

It would take me almost 3 hours to get there by public transportation
Cons
Took too long to get there.
Great Company
Agency Representative/CIBC (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2014
Great company. Many years worked there people are great. Offer competitive salaries
enjoyable workplace with very good training provided
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 April 2015
Of all the collections agencies that I've thus far worked at, Total Credit Recovery definitely is one of the best agencies; not only are the managerial staff very good mentors, but the training they give is very in depth and insightful whether you're a veteran in the industry or just starting out, there was something to be taken from the training
Total Credit Recovery had some of the best collectors in the Industry
Supervisor, Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2014
Very competitive Company, enjoyed my time and learned alot about the business through TCR.
Terrible workplace/ terrible supervisors
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 March 2014
The supervisor in the telecom was a troll all she does is yell. You don't get commission unless you his a ridiculous target. Worst job ever
Pros
Good location
Cons
Wages, management
The people you never want to call you
Debt Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2012
Total Credit Recovery
the debt collection industry is hard to be in if you dont like harassing people.
Pros
bonuses for good attendance
Cons
productive and fast paced environment.
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2014
Great group of people to work along side of. flexible schedueling and nice starting salary.
I was not happy working here.
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 January 2014
I was not happy with the management team and how they treated their employees. I would never work there again.
Great Management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontario12 April 2012
Great Work schedule
Great Staff
Salary: minimal for workload
collection agent
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2015
They expect you to give it your all and work your butt off then let you go due to contant changing of portfolio like it your fault, they train you one way then expect you to change your habits the next day. Dont expect a reference from this company cause they won't return calls
Great place to met people from different education, work ad ethic backgrounds.
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2012
I learned communicate with different people on a daily basis. I have learned to be able to handle different difficult situations in a compassionate and professional manner. The most enjoyable part of my work as that I was able to help people take a step into making their future brighter for themselves as well as making people happy.

2.9