Total Credit Recovery Ltd Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
TCR is a great company to work for the environment is great the management is fair it's a company that is there for there employees. It's a great place to learn collections and grow to learn different portfolios always have a chance of moving up in the company. As a new person coming into the collection world it will looking stressing but once you get a hand of the job you will look at it as the people don't know you and you don't know them just take day by day and hit your goal.The hardest part of the job is to manipulate the person to pay if your not confident in yourself.
Pros
Experience, Recognition & Opportunity
company stuck in its ways
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
while this can be a great starter job, the benefits provided are slim to none, that is if they could legally offer and do less for employees, they would. salaries do not match job expectations, employees have to pay for equipment (headsets) and medical/dental benefits. little to no room for growth within the company. preferential treatment toward those related or close to VPs and upper management, while regular employees and lower management are held to higher standards. pay does not reflect responsibilities and quite often lower management is left to bear the brunt of inadequate upper and middle management. work environment was often hostile as the pressures to perform with limited resources increased.
Pros
water fountains
Cons
perspective employees have to pay for background checks, no free parking, employees pay for benefits, equipment, no company complimentary concessions, no employee lounge .. too many others to list
Cool place to work
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
I would say TCR is home away from home...The team & dept which I'm currently working with simply amazing, good director good manager & supervisor.Team Amex Rocks !!
typical day at work
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
A ttypical day at work is making calls and closing deals, ive learned
how to be punctual and how to be a goal setter and state my opinion
its given a chance to break out of my comfort zone and be confident in what i do, the hardest part of my job is sometimes getting ahold of people on the phone, and dealing with multiple personalities in the workplace but overall its a family oriented environment.
Pros
good job security
Cons
saturday shifts
A challenging job
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Working at TCR you will find yourself with many opportunities to challenge yourself and to learn in a dynamic environment. Management wants you to succeed and creates a situation where you can achieve everything you are capable of.

If you go into the job unwilling to work you will not get much out of your experience, however.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Monthly targets
Good Company
3rd party collector (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 October 2017
I had the privilege of working for Total credit recovery from 2015 to early 2017. This company gave me my first job in Canada, and allowed me to familiarize myself with Canadian credit and collections.
I gained a lot of knowledge concerning finances, loans, credit ratings and building a stable financial future.
 Training was excellent and never ending. The job can be stressful at times  but there was lots of support from my colleagues and management  who rolled up their sleeves  to get the job done . I was grateful for the opportunity  and only left  because I got a job in my field of study .  I never got an salary increase but I made pretty good commission and enjoyed the competitive environment.
I would recommend  this company to anyone  who wants to  gain knowledge in finances in a progressive company .Had a great opportunity to learn a lot outside of my field.
Pros
Great environment and commission/ bonus package
Cons
Salary increase are not based on tenure
Great Manager
Third Party Collector (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 October 2017
I loved working here, the only reason I left was because the distance was too far. My manager was amazing and I wish there were more like him. He truly understood my situation and still welcomes me back whenever I want. My co-workers were amazing to work with and my supervisors were even better.
Pros
Co-workers, managers
Cons
Too far
Great atmosphere and fun company to work at
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
I been working for almost 4 years. Great company to work at If you have no experience in call center. Training is 2 week period but is very helpful in understanding the basics before you get on the floor. Further training is provided on the floor starting with shadowing other agents. Management team provides immediate feedback and announces your accomplishments for motivation. Supervisors and managers are always they to lend a helping hand. Growth in the company is very possible if u work hard. I myself went from Team lead to now a compliance officer. Of course it is a fast pace and pressuring job, but comes with rewards. There are opportunities for extra money. Incentives for gift cards and prizes upto $700 cash if criteria are met and they are reasonable. Atmosphere is very friendly and very professional. It's been an on going postive experience for me and I would highly recommend
Pros
Gifts cards, free barbecues, cash prizes for top collectors
Cons
Nothing really
Fantastic place to work with great opprtunities to make money
Senior Collector (Current Employee) –  North York, ON22 October 2017
Very good place to work with a professional management who understands you well and gives you ample opportunity to grow. I have been enjoying my work from day one.Work culture and overall atmosphere is highly professional and productive. Salaries are a bit low but great opportunites to make good commission.The only missing thing is that they do not have annual systemetic reviews and annual salary increments.
Solid Management Team
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
I have experienced both sides of the coin here.

Went from working a portfolio that held me back from seeing the light of success.

The height of my career here is when I was transferred to the TDCT team.

The manager on this team really invested a lot of time and energy into my development and performance.

He also went out of his way to help me with restructuring my personal life goals and work life goals.

Made a great positive influence and continues to encourage my motivation to perform.

He taught me how to earn commission.
Pros
flexible working terms, good commission
Cons
under performers get jealous
Great Team and Company
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
I enjoy working at TCR because of my current Manager Steve because he treats us like people not #'s.

Aside from that, the job has stable work, pleasant and fun environment.

Lots of coaching.

Company BBQ's.

Management is passionate for success of their staff.

Team pot luck lunches and always casual treats being passed around.
Pros
flexible working terms, good commission
Cons
nothing to say for this
Overall work environment
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
I found TCR to provide long term stable work.

Excellent training and development programs.

Constant feedback and coaching provided to ensure my performance can meet its full potential.

Management team is very approachable and understanding.
Pros
flexible working terms, close to TTC
Cons
not enough parking
Good place
Department supervisor (Former Employee) –  225 yorkland blvd18 October 2017
Worked there for 4 years, i seen many changes mosty for the best. I enjoyed it as I was easily able to network through the different teams. Managed to get my self promoted to supervisor from being agent, step by step. The results were always based on the time and effort that was put in. Learned alot from Tcr in terms of experience & knowledge. Management was very helpful even through there busy schedule. I just left as I got a better opportunity on salary and location that was convenient.
Pros
Experiance
Cons
Salary
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunity
Collector (Former Employee) –  yorkland blvd10 October 2017
A typical day was basically launching as many calls as possibly in an attempt to reach/negotiate with customers to pay their bills. Very fast past environment. Non-stop competition with your peers as well as other agencies.

Every thing is tracked, your calls, the commitments obtained, how long each call took ect.. your performance is updated through out the day which can add a lot of pressure. The job is not for everyone, but I loved it.

There is a lot of opportunity to make a lot of money. Training never ends and are encourage to ask for help constantly.
Pros
Training, bonus
Cons
Both success and failure are highlighted
Environnement de Travail
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 September 2017
Environnement de Travail très au fil du temps, avantages et salaires moyen, mais un bon début pour ceux et celles qui veulent aller en finaance et autres.
Very Demanding
COLLECTIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Very demanding type of job. The management is cut throat. Most of your outgoing calls are tough ones, people are upset and do not want to hear from you. This is not for those soft at heart.
Environnement de travail sous pression
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 June 2017
Beaucoup de pression pour que les employés es un rendement adéquat
Leave your heart at the door
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
A typical day at TCR starts with struggling to find a working computer to sit at, setting up the headset that the company made you pay for yourself, loading up the antique software and desperately trying to make the fluctuating average in order to be paid more than the slightly over minimum wage base rate.

The week long training course was adequate, offering mentoring and many different learning scenarios, the shadowing was long but necessary as with any customer service role there are thousands of different scenarios with no one-size-fits-all solution.

Half of the computers barely work, many of the computer monitors are still old CRT boxes, the washrooms repeatedly are down for maintenance, and they record every second of activity you are doing to report to you later.

There is almost no way to be promoted or get a raise, you merely a disposable object that will be pressured into "performing" with no incentives aside from an ever dangling chance of commission that is mathematically impossible to receive outside of specific working hours and taking other agent's credit. The upper management pressures middle management to pressure floor level management to squeeze the life and hours out of the workers as much as possible without providing anything in return.

You will need to work 6 days a week every other week. Some departments have 12 hour days on a rotating weekly schedule. In order to keep pay consistent you will be pressured with the "optional" extra hours. The dress code is also strictly pushed and they will find any reason to strip away statutory holiday pay.
  more...

TCR is always willing to hire, in it's favour, and with a massive turnaround rate there is barely any workplace culture as any conversation gets immediately stifled. If you are desperate,need an after school job, or want to learn about receivables and credit then apply right away.
Pros
Always Hiring, Plenty of Training
Cons
Everything Else
High Turn over rate
Collector Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
Conduct inbound and outbound calls
Collect on delinquent balances from clients
Provide payment instructions and methods to clear up debt

Hardest part of the job is;
High Turnover rate for employment
Collecting on a noncollectable debt

Good part of the job is;
Pros
Cons
High turnover rate
flexible, approachable fun team /management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 June 2017
I would recommend this job for anyone who's looking to gain experience in call centre- training is provided good part time position as week for students in the summer
Pros
commission
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Credit Recovery Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9