Total Credit Recovery Ltd Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail sous pression
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 June 2017
Beaucoup de pression pour que les employés es un rendement adéquat
Leave your heart at the door
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
A typical day at TCR starts with struggling to find a working computer to sit at, setting up the headset that the company made you pay for yourself, loading up the antique software and desperately trying to make the fluctuating average in order to be paid more than the slightly over minimum wage base rate.

The week long training course was adequate, offering mentoring and many different learning scenarios, the shadowing was long but necessary as with any customer service role there are thousands of different scenarios with no one-size-fits-all solution.

Half of the computers barely work, many of the computer monitors are still old CRT boxes, the washrooms repeatedly are down for maintenance, and they record every second of activity you are doing to report to you later.

There is almost no way to be promoted or get a raise, you merely a disposable object that will be pressured into "performing" with no incentives aside from an ever dangling chance of commission that is mathematically impossible to receive outside of specific working hours and taking other agent's credit. The upper management pressures middle management to pressure floor level management to squeeze the life and hours out of the workers as much as possible without providing anything in return.

You will need to work 6 days a week every other week. Some departments have 12 hour days on a rotating weekly schedule. In order to keep pay consistent you will be pressured with the "optional" extra hours. The dress code is also strictly pushed and they will find any reason to strip away statutory holiday pay.
  more...

TCR is always willing to hire, in it's favour, and with a massive turnaround rate there is barely any workplace culture as any conversation gets immediately stifled. If you are desperate,need an after school job, or want to learn about receivables and credit then apply right away.
Pros
Always Hiring, Plenty of Training
Cons
Everything Else
flexible, approachable fun team /management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 June 2017
I would recommend this job for anyone who's looking to gain experience in call centre- training is provided good part time position as week for students in the summer
Pros
commission
Cons
short breaks
good place
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
In my time at this workplace I have enjoyed and have learned many things to enhance my skills.Very Good work environment and very much friendly aswell.
Not a good company to work for
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
Was not happy working at tcr. Management was poor/ the co-workers were not well trained and did not take to good working policy. They did what they wanted to do and mgmt did not care.
Check out other collection agency before coming here.
Pros
Hour lunch on fridays
Cons
Had to pay for parking
Fun and productive place to work yes
Call Centre Agent (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 May 2017
I liked it there not to mention the hours and you do get a day off...family oriented the supervisors were the best they would go above and beyond in helping you to achieved your gold I love that about them...but the job is really hard which I gave my best and they saw that in me which was noted
Good place
First Party Collector (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 April 2017
I very much enjoyed working in a call center with deadlines that I had to meet every week. It was very challenging and loved the work settings at this place.
This job sucks
Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
Hating it so far. Long hours of monotonous stressful work. Honestly this is the type of job you do cause you wasted your time in college doing a stupid business degree and can't find a job when you graduate. But if you don't mind harassing- I mean calling people repeatedly every day telling them to pay their bills and being abused verbally by said delinquents then this is the job for you.
Pros
They pay me
Cons
Boring, stressful
Data Analysis
Business & Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Collecting data from company's data base and create reports for managers for budgeting and accounts allocation using ACCESS and Excel.

I analyse liquidation rate and how business is worked on daily basis.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Compansation
Stay away from tcr please
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 February 2017
This company teaches their agent how to harass those who have debt.

*********Please dont work here...This is not even last choice*******

Management is worst especially hr....

I would never ever recommend to anyone.
Pros
everything is worst there
Cons
Worst HR dept. always new class coming...dont know when you get fired
Former employee
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
After a car accident I was off work for a while, lost my job, then they sicked there collection staff on me.
I lost everything!!!!
The company is gutless to its employees, work there at your own risk.
Your family maybe next.
Pros
None you destroy people's lives.
Cons
People hunt you down and it's not a safe job.
Good
Manager National Operations (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 December 2016
I am not able to complete this section due to the confidentiality of the work performed, so this section has not been completed.
workplace
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
TCR is a good place to work. After i left for my leave i had lost my job and they did not care. The HR department is very unprofessional. They would answer the calls and than say we will get back to you. Leaving in hope that i can start again. They didn't respond to my emails or messages i left on their voicemail. The mangers there were rude and careless. I honestly suggest to work for MJR or another collection agency where they would actually answer your calls and treat you much better as a employee
benefits
Cons
long hours, rude, careless
last option
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 August 2016
The contract is very vague, everything is subjected to change and shortly and often they do. Not all but some management are rude and create hostile work environment.
Pros
easy hire
Run. Run far away.
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  225 Yorkland5 August 2016
They run the place like a sweatshop. The pay is horrible. Abusive management. This is one of the worst agencies in the industry.
Pros
They force you to learn how to tolerate abuse from horrible managers.
Cons
Absolutely everything.
x
COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 June 2016
Worked there on and off over the past 30 years, went through a lot of changes and they where good ones. Was sorry to have the Moncton Branch close down.
its a great company to work for
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
working for cap1 account was a great experience i learned a lot of new things. cap1 1st assignment was easy to collect on but hard to get costumer to pay the account
Fun Workplace
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 November 2015
I really enjoyed working for Total Credit Recovery,But unfourtnley the company had closed there doors in September 2015 :( The job was collecting for over due accounts.. It was salary based as well. Management was great..
Pros
Early Fridays :)
a typical day at work
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON23 August 2015
At Credit Recovery i learned how to speak politely over the phone while trying to persuade them to pay for their past due balances. Having both hats on could sometimes be very hard. I was very successful and patient at this position and indeed did very well.
stressful environment
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2015
collecting balances on outstanding debts, difficult job but great management, hardest part of the job was reaching monthly quota
Pros
day time hours
Cons
difficult work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Credit Recovery Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9