The Youth and Philanthropy Initiative (YPI) was founded in 2002 through the Toskan Casale Foundation to offer grants to local social service charities while simultaneously helping to bring up the next generation of active and informed philanthropists. YPI combines in-class learning with real-world community development experience, giving high school students the tools they need for understanding and engaging in philanthropic activity. Through its resource-rich school programming, YPI enhances curriculum in order to build students’ presentation, research, writing, communication and consensus-building skills, while the students themselves increase advocacy for, and fund grants to, local charitable organizations.
April 15, 2014
Full-time (with benefits following probationary period)
YPI is seeking an experienced communications coordinator to help deliver communications and marketing content/materials that support YPI’s programming, fundraising efforts and presence in the educational and charitable communities. YPI’s communications coordinator will help to maintain and invigorate the organization’s website, social media accounts, and program database, will help to develop and write content for programming and promotional materials, and will take on some administrative and operational tasks as required. This role is ideal for an enthusiastic and creative communicator with a passion for education, philanthropy, charity, and/or social justice, who works well independently and as part of a small, dedicated team.
- Content development for and coordination of social media accounts (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Content development for and coordination of the YPI website and YPI’s online presence
- Coordination of YPI’s email lists and email campaigns via online email marketing software
- Monitoring of online activity and traffic
- Tracking/filing of news stories, testimonials and online interactions
- Writing and copyediting for YPI marketing pieces and reports (e.g. end of year report)
- Working with the programming team to update and maintain data records and reports via online program database
- Working with the communications manager to develop press and promotional materials, as required
- Liaising with external contractors to coordinate website development and IT support
- Liaising with external contractors to coordinate production and/or printing of marketing and communications materials
- Assist with the copyediting and production of the annual YPI Teacher Resource Guide
- Assisting with planning, support and coordination of YPI’s annual celebration event
- Performing and scheduling administrative tasks, as required
- An educational and/or professional background (at least one to two years) in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field (e.g. journalism)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong experience and working knowledge of social media platforms and strategies
- Demonstrated experience working with website content management systems (e.g. Joomla!, Wordpress), Microsoft Office, and email marketing software (e.g. Mailchimp)
- Familiarity with photo editing software and basic techniques (e.g. compressing and sizing photos for web pages)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently verbally and via email with stakeholders and external contractors
- Strong attention to detail
- Preference will be shown towards candidates with demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
** Creative social media engagement
** Youth engagement
** Public speaking and/or speech writing
** Graphic design and/or pagination skills
** Press relations and PR strategy
** Engagement of the academic and/or educational community
Please forward a cover letter, CV, and three writing samples (this can include such things as news articles, press releases, blog posts, or compilations of social media posts) by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
Toskan Casale Foundation
Attn: Bill Alexander
Re: Communications Coordinator
3080 Yonge Street, suite 5090
Email Subject: Posting Communications Coordinator
Please apply directly via email or mail as per above, rather than through the application process build into this website.
No phone calls please.
YPI and the Toskan Casale Foundation thank all those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toskan Casale Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.