Toshiba Employee Reviews in Canada

Generally a good company
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Toshiba of Canada, Ltd. is currently undergoing a restructuring phase, however it has always strived to be a good employer. They provided excellent benefits packages to both full-time and contract employees. They also many learning opportunities by bringing in experts, from many fields, to provide in-house training.
Good place to work. Wish there was a more consistent flow of work.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  75 Tiverton CourtMarch 29, 2016
Overall a good place to work, however, the typical work day does not consist of many things to do. Management is very good and supportive.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Not enough things to do
Excellent support team from staff and management
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
Toshiba's employees are dedicated and thrives to succeed amidst stress and pressure from corporate head office.

The sales position is highly competitive and management team at Toshiba has always been supported.

Open door policy from low management to high management level.
Global company, great opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 31, 2016
Had a pleasure to work for the new company created as a result of amalgamation of the two divisions of two international companies. New system, new responsibilities, great experience
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 31, 2016
Various responsibilities including customer service, warehouse supervision, orders, purchasing, interacting with clients, technical support. Great place to learn and advance.
productive place & respect each other
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONNovember 19, 2015
friendly environment everybody help each other company is slowing down not much work had great time luv to work there pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccctttttttttttttttttt
Multinational electronic company with almost 8000 employee.
Technical Support Operator (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 22, 2014
High volume production demand with an estimated population of 7% on a Management position and 93% on the rank and file position.

I learned the importance of building a good quality product and following all production protocol.

They have several project concerning to health and camaraderie of employee like sports fest (indoor/outdoor), aero-taebo, zumba but most of the times only selected employee or in higher position can join the activities while the operator position cannot due to tight production schedule.

Performance appraisal should be done yearly,but its hard to meet higher grade due to bell curving guidelines.
Pros
free meal amounting to php 40.00/day
Cons
low salary
It was an enjoyable work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCSeptember 4, 2013
The hours were very good, you didn't have to arrive too early or work too late. Consisted of hard work, but as you got into the routine of things, it got easier. I learned how to update and package the TV's at toshiba. Management was fair, as you are basically on your own after you check in, although they are there and check up on you every few hours. My co-workers were hard working as well, and were striving to meet the quota. The job itself was very difficult, but at the same time it was enjoyable due to the fact my co-workers were great!
Pros
strong competitive wages, free lunch
Cons
hard work, heavy lifting, very bland job
leading innovation
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  cochinJanuary 3, 2016
toshiba meand by leading innovation and toshiba offered very peaceful atmosphere, my colleges are very co-operative
Behind the technology curve and no sense of the market...
Director National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
They are missing the boat and will contue to do so until they change management. VP Sales is a bully and acts like he is a customer not a supplier in a highly competitive business.
Toshiba
Marketing Assistant, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 5, 2015
, Medical Systems Division
Converted raw data into presentable and understandable information for the team
Created presentations for multiple marketing managers
Assisted in marketing research of different medical systems
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE,,
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  LAGUNA TECHNOPARK,LAGUNA PHILIPPINESNovember 24, 2013
EMS CERTIFIED,,,QMS CERTIFIED AND SAP CERTIFIED..I LEARNED HOW TO BE GOOD EMPLOYEE..TO DO MY JOB WITH QUALITY AND QUANTITY..GOOD MANAGEMENT..MY CO-WORKERS ARE HARDWORKING AND NICE..
Pros
with meal allowance, free transfortation
POORLY MANAGED MEDICAL DEVISION
Field Service Engieer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 16, 2015
Its a new immigrant fresh job, not for experienced people. very poorly managed, no respect for hard working guys. I even got an Engineer for them , they forgot to pay referrals fees, no thanks even from Service Director. You need to do all hard install job and break your back then struggle rest of the life. Manager was after me to sell Amway IBO membership after that my relationship with him become worse day by day and finally he won and I quit. Tech support guys are good .
Pros
NA
Cons
As described
Job Description
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioSeptember 29, 2014
Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with existing customers

Cold Calling and Account Management

Achieve and exceed Sales Targets
Prepare and present sales proposals and conduct equipment demonstrations.

Service Agreements

Travel as required
New Account Installation Procedures - Ensuring all new clients are services accordingly for their first install

Meetings & Seminars as required
Electronic Company with high production volume demand
PRODUCTION LEADER (PL) (Current Employee) –  PhiApril 22, 2014
A multinational company with high population of workers estimating 8000 employee with status of regular & contractual.

They have several activities to promote a "happy workplace" but unfortunately many of employees feedback of not satisfying. Especially in giving benefits /salaries and relationship with their superior.

I learned and gained more knowledge from all training I attended since I was hired/started. Some of the trainings help me to develop my personality and skills. I should trained people,I'm capable doing some report needed by my superior/bosses.

I build friendship inside and outside the company. I'll join once to outdoor group from my former company but the group should not pushed through when our former company absorbed by a new company.

Although this company is my bread and butter because I'm a breadwinner of the family, it sometimes happened that my benefits and salary should not enough to support my family welfare especially sick mother.

I love conversion with my subordinates. I set bonding time once in while with them.
Pros
php 40.00/day meal allowance
Cons
health benefits are not extended to immediate family member/relative
Experience in maintenance skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  PhilppinesFebruary 5, 2015
I prepared working even if morning or evening shift
time management is one of my asset as an employee
I enjoy working as a member of a maintenance team
in my job i enjoy and interested Because i love my job
Maintenance And Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa City, 04AJanuary 22, 2013
my typical day of work is maintenace and check the machine is ok and good condition. i learned correct handling the machine and how to troubleshooting.. the management is good because the boss and her emloyee are equal. my co-worker is good to.. the hardest part of a job is a over time..the most ejoyable part of a job is when the job is finish.
Pros
get a job
A innovative company with great international culture
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  深圳June 19, 2014
The company that I had worked was electronic sales based company located in Shenzhen, China. Toshiba gives employees lots of chance to be trained and I love working with the sales and technical team. The company has high employee engagement and advancement.
Pros
high wages
Cons
over time work
horrible place for sales of Mfp
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoDecember 23, 2014
Back breaking. No inputs given by the management. Most of the Major accounts Handled by a few seniors. Negligible training. Long sales cycle.
Pros
fantastic brand
Cons
no concrete trainig
Perfect work place.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 19, 2014
Able to cope up with the daily routine. Has a perfect working environment but lesser company benefits.
Pros
free meals
Cons
less opportunity for growth