Toshiba Employee Reviews in Canada

Global company, great opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 31, 2016
Had a pleasure to work for the new company created as a result of amalgamation of the two divisions of two international companies. New system, new responsibilities, great experience
Good place to work. Wish there was a more consistent flow of work.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  75 Tiverton CourtMarch 29, 2016
Overall a good place to work, however, the typical work day does not consist of many things to do. Management is very good and supportive.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Not enough things to do
Generally a good company
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Toshiba of Canada, Ltd. is currently undergoing a restructuring phase, however it has always strived to be a good employer. They provided excellent benefits packages to both full-time and contract employees. They also many learning opportunities by bringing in experts, from many fields, to provide in-house training.
leading innovation
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  cochinJanuary 3, 2016
toshiba meand by leading innovation and toshiba offered very peaceful atmosphere, my colleges are very co-operative
productive place & respect each other
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONNovember 19, 2015
friendly environment everybody help each other company is slowing down not much work had great time luv to work there pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccctttttttttttttttttt
Toshiba
Marketing Assistant, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 5, 2015
, Medical Systems Division
Converted raw data into presentable and understandable information for the team
Created presentations for multiple marketing managers
Assisted in marketing research of different medical systems
POORLY MANAGED MEDICAL DEVISION
Field Service Engieer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 16, 2015
Its a new immigrant fresh job, not for experienced people. very poorly managed, no respect for hard working guys. I even got an Engineer for them , they forgot to pay referrals fees, no thanks even from Service Director. You need to do all hard install job and break your back then struggle rest of the life. Manager was after me to sell Amway IBO membership after that my relationship with him become worse day by day and finally he won and I quit. Tech support guys are good .
Pros
NA
Cons
As described
Behind the technology curve and no sense of the market...
Director National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
They are missing the boat and will contue to do so until they change management. VP Sales is a bully and acts like he is a customer not a supplier in a highly competitive business.
awful disorganized place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Need to move on, under paid and over worked, no fun and no talking allowed here.The place is run by a person who knows nothing about production.
Cons
disorganized
Experience in maintenance skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  PhilppinesFebruary 5, 2015
I prepared working even if morning or evening shift
time management is one of my asset as an employee
I enjoy working as a member of a maintenance team
horrible place for sales of Mfp
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoDecember 23, 2014
Back breaking. No inputs given by the management. Most of the Major accounts Handled by a few seniors. Negligible training. Long sales cycle.
Pros
fantastic brand
Cons
no concrete trainig
Job Description
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioSeptember 29, 2014
Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with existing customers

Cold Calling and Account Management

Achieve and exceed Sales Targets
Prepare and present sales proposals and conduct equipment demonstrations.

Service Agreements

Travel as required
New Account Installation Procedures - Ensuring all new clients are services accordingly for their first install

Meetings & Seminars as required
Heavy Multi Task
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 13, 2014
Performed EFT, Federal payroll deductions, wire transfers, cheque payments, and credit card reconciliations
• Performed complex balance sheet reconciliations and prepared and entered correcting entries
• Responsible for scanning all invoices and archiving all vendor voucher packages, including filing all cheques with the packages for auditing purposes according to established policies
• Responsible to do yearly audits on vendor master data, determining if a vendor is still active or inactive, for the purpose of cleaning up the systems in Oracle Discoverer
Perfect work place.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 19, 2014
Able to cope up with the daily routine. Has a perfect working environment but lesser company benefits.
Pros
free meals
Cons
less opportunity for growth
A innovative company with great international culture
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  深圳June 19, 2014
The company that I had worked was electronic sales based company located in Shenzhen, China. Toshiba gives employees lots of chance to be trained and I love working with the sales and technical team. The company has high employee engagement and advancement.
Pros
high wages
Cons
over time work
a place where all worker is easy to be with and a very kind company
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  toshiba philippinesJune 19, 2014
in toshiba philippines they have a free transportation and food allowances for every employee,my work in this company is a production operator the type of work in here is so very lite and my co workers is friendly and very accomodating.the hardest part in this job is that i am only a contractual operator so i cant stay for a longer period of time even if i want to stay for a years..
Pros
free food allowance
Cons
8 hours working
very advanced Technical and personal skills
Technical analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2014
learning to work under pressure with great responsibility and very busy environment
enjoy work with my friends
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Canlubang, LagunaJune 10, 2014
I've learned more in this company, i've learned dealing with other people, i enjoy work with my co-workers, and specially when go out together
Pros
free lunch
Cons
always overtime
Excellent experience
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 29, 2014
Excellent place to gain experience and learn new products, wide range of materials, design, manufacturing and project management.
Electronic Company with high production volume demand
PRODUCTION LEADER (PL) (Current Employee) –  PhiApril 22, 2014
A multinational company with high population of workers estimating 8000 employee with status of regular & contractual.

They have several activities to promote a "happy workplace" but unfortunately many of employees feedback of not satisfying. Especially in giving benefits /salaries and relationship with their superior.

I learned and gained more knowledge from all training I attended since I was hired/started. Some of the trainings help me to develop my personality and skills. I should trained people,I'm capable doing some report needed by my superior/bosses.

I build friendship inside and outside the company. I'll join once to outdoor group from my former company but the group should not pushed through when our former company absorbed by a new company.

Although this company is my bread and butter because I'm a breadwinner of the family, it sometimes happened that my benefits and salary should not enough to support my family welfare especially sick mother.

I love conversion with my subordinates. I set bonding time once in while with them.
Pros
php 40.00/day meal allowance
Cons
health benefits are not extended to immediate family member/relative