Toshiba Of Canada Limited

Toshiba Of Canada Limited Employee Reviews

POORLY MANAGED MEDICAL DEVISION
Field Service Engieer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 May 2015
Its a new immigrant fresh job, not for experienced people. very poorly managed, no respect for hard working guys. I even got an Engineer for them , they forgot to pay referrals fees, no thanks even from Service Director. You need to do all hard install job and break your back then struggle rest of the life. Manager was after me to sell Amway IBO membership after that my relationship with him become worse day by day and finally he won and I quit. Tech support guys are good .
Pros
NA
Cons
As described
horrible place for sales of Mfp
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto23 December 2014
Back breaking. No inputs given by the management. Most of the Major accounts Handled by a few seniors. Negligible training. Long sales cycle.
Pros
Fantastic Brand
Cons
No Concrete trainig
Heavy Multi Task
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 August 2014
Performed EFT, Federal payroll deductions, wire transfers, cheque payments, and credit card reconciliations
• Performed complex balance sheet reconciliations and prepared and entered correcting entries
• Responsible for scanning all invoices and archiving all vendor voucher packages, including filing all cheques with the packages for auditing purposes according to established policies
• Responsible to do yearly audits on vendor master data, determining if a vendor is still active or inactive, for the purpose of cleaning up the systems in Oracle Discoverer
Fantastic Summer Internship
Accounting Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario5 November 2013
Fantastic Summer Internship - Accounting department is well-run, intern's responsibilities increase as they learn more and can help out with different activities
The do's and don'ts working with Toshiba Business Solutions, Burnaby
N/A (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 October 2013
Toshiba Business Solutions- Burnaby BC

As I was advised Toshiba Business Solutions are fairly new in Western Canada.Any new candidate hired has the responsibility to identify sales opportunities through cold calling and leverage existing internal sources of sales leads for our full line of MFP (multi functional printer) products/ Creative and Production Colour Solutions in a specific geographic territory.
Prepare and present sales proposals and conduct equipment demonstrations. Achieve and exceed sales target.

While I can concur with the hiring policy of Toshiba Business Solutions,but reject the notion of identifying sales opportunities through cold call and or leveraging existing internal sources. The resource tools were from Dun and Bradstreet dated from 2012. No up to date generating leads other than Dun and Bradstreet 2012.

Found that some 28% businesses were no longer in business, 20% were businesses like Tim Hortons, MacDonalds and small pantry grocery stores to try to sell them copiers.

Some 40% called had already set up and with leasing contracts with Xerox, Canon, Ricoh and HP Copiers and were not interested to change. Only 1.8 % were customer's of Toshiba Business Solutions, having a service contract but not willing to up grade due to money. Only 0.02% of the total of 2600 Dun and Bradstreet 2012 leads lead to an invitation and a proposal of which not one materilized into a sale. For what ever reason in the end they decided to buy a Canon, Ricoh other than Toshiba copiers.

There were some 34 proposals done by a previous employee early in the year.
  more... No one had the common sense to do a follow up if the proposal would lead to a sale. In all their great wisdom they had to hire a new employee to contact those past dated proposals. After a lapse period of four to five months management in all their great wisdom thought there some sale. Not one of the 34 proposal called were interested in Toshiba copiers.

I was bound to fail from the start, no decent leads available, out dated leads and an empathy against Toshiba copiers.
The reason is that Canon, Ricoh, Xerox cornered the marketin the Fraser Valley
From what my co-workers said that there is a high rate of turn-over. ( I'm in that class).

On the other hand, training, seminars were provided of the first month. Co-workers and manager were helpful.

I would not reccomend this company to any salesperson. There is a high expectation of results ( sales) where there is none.
I wish all the best the the ex- workers still working there!
Pros
One month training
Cons
No decent leads, Manager wanted a commitment of sales no matter what
Fun
Software Tester Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 May 2012
The day I was sick, and I could not do my job. The management don't
want to here that, all they want is to produce and produce.
Pros
nice people
Cons
long working hours
Une surperbe experience et des rencontres magnifiques
Directeur d'Affaire, Non Exhaustive (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 December 2015
Pas une journee ne se ressemble, et chacune d'elles ammenent son lot de surprise.
Les gens y sont dedies et tres souvent a l'ecoute des autres.
Les styles de management sont tres eteroclites ce qui parfois entrainent des performances par services, a double niveau.
J'ai effectue des recrutements, un processus different d'en Europe, qui m'a fait evolue dans l'approche de l'autre.
Des collaborateurs avec un reel esprit d'equipe et d'une grande cohesion. Ce qui est un manque cruel dans d'autres services.
J'y ai rencontre des gens formidables qui pour certains sont devenus de veritables amis.
Un experience de vie unique!
Pros
Autonomie, des colleagues genereux, des gens a l'ecoute, une grande solidarite
Cons
Manque de leadership, peu de vision strategique a moyen et long terme

Toshiba Of Canada Limited Reviews by Location