This role is responsible for the purchasing/procurement/sourcing of certain major raw materials, minimizing cost without compromising quality or reliability of supply. Also responsible for the negotiation of agreements for major capital equipment requirements and certain contracts & agreements.
EXPERIENCE in plastics, packaging and manufacturing
- Negotiate supply agreements for polyethylene, ink, masterbatch, & film (Company-wide). Ensure that GMs are kept abreast of changing market dynamics.
- Negotiate agreements for all major Company capital equipment requirements. (Company-wide)
- Negotiate contracts for Natural Gas and Hydro requirements for operations.
- Negotiate agreements for Company Customs requirements.
- Work with Attorneys for Company Patent & Trademark requirements. (Company-wide)
- Select recipients of Corporate donations; arrange distribution.
- Negotiate and manage an agreement for monitoring of Company property taxes.
- Oversee & manage Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program. Liaise with US Homeland Security.
- Negotiate contracts for Company computer hardware & software and communications requirements, with IT Director.
- With VP Procurement & Corporate Services, responsible for negotiation and development of Company vehicle fleet program.
- With VP Procurement & Corporate Services, develop and set Company Standard Cost requirements.
- Oversee/review Company freight requirements.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard