- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Development team
- Motivate, coach and train team members in a manner that will exceed customer expectations
Provide clear directions and guidance on technical issues to all team members
- Java Development on the hybris eCommerce platform
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
- Construct design documents and documentation to aid in maintenance and code reuse.
- Confirms program operation with testing; modifying program logic and performance tuning while guaranteeing quality assurance.
- Closely work with the Quality Control and Technical Communication team members to ensure high quality deliverables
- Provides input to status reports on the “health” of the application.
- Provides support by ensuring stability of the application and addressing and resolving business issues in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in a team or project leader role within a development environment
- Exceptional team leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop a team
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 1+ years experience in object oriented design and development in Java.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Some experience developing with the Spring Framework would be preferred.
- Some experience with an eCommerce platform (hybris, ATG, Websphere etc.) would be preferred.
- Advanced skills using J2EE Frameworks and Libraries specifically such as Hibernate, JPA and JDO
- Database development skills including SQL programming, solid understanding of relational database technologies, logical and physical data modeling. Preferably on an Oracle database.
- Experience with web app servers, such as JBoss, Websphere, and Weblogic
- Experience using standard development tools, such as Eclipse, Ant, Git
- Experience developing SOAP and/or REST based web services
- Strong understanding of XML and JSON and how to manipulate using document based and stream based API’s.
Indeed - 7 months ago