WEEKEND SITE ATTENDANT / NATURE INTERPRETER - Part Time Position
Tommy Thompson Park, 3 Leslie Street, Toronto, ON
Permanent Part-time weekend position including statutory holidays.
Start Date: August – September 2014
DIVISION: Restoration Services
SALARY RANGE: $16.64 - $18.75 per hour
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
To provide nature interpretation at Tommy Thompson Park, enforce park rules, policies and regulations, and maintain public safety.
- Knowledge of the ecology and flora/fauna of the Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario;
- Experience in public engagement or public education;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good conflict resolution skills;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Email);
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s license; Access to a reliable vehicle;
- Understanding of Tommy Thompson Park programs and projects an asset; and
- First Aid and CPR is an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
1. Perform weekend park operations, including opening and closing procedures, enforcing park rules and regulations, and ensuring public safety.
2. Assist in the development and delivery of nature and cultural interpretive programs including hikes.
3. Assist with any inquiries and provide information about Tommy Thompson Park to visitors in a tactful and professional manner.
4. Perform park safety checks and report on daily occurrences.
5. Maintain the order and cleanliness of the park.
6. Assist supervisor in collecting visitor feedback or other kinds of park improvements.
7. Typical workday expected to be approximately 7.5 to 9 hours with optional shift sharing.
8. Carry out other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Please attach one pdf document that includes both your cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.