VISITOR SERVICES CLERK, BLACK CREEK PIONEER VILLAGE – Part Time Position
1000 Murray Ross Parkway. Toronto, ON. M3J 2P3.
Must be available to work weekdays and weekends.
DIVISION: Parks and Culture
SALARY RANGE: $10.25 per hour
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide excellent customer service to all visitors to Black Creek Pioneer Village (BCPV). Welcome all customers in a friendly and inviting manner. Accurately conduct all sales transactions and related activities. Constantly upgrade knowledge of all products, services and events that are available at BCPV. Must be available weekdays and weekends. Occupational Health and Safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- 2 years of retail sales experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operation of cash register and credit card sales; excellent math skills
- Ability to up-sell and display a variety of products to maximize sales
- Or equivalent knowledge
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
1. Greet all visitors in a pleasant and helpful manner.
2. Operate multi-key computerized point of sale register; collect fees and provide receipts.
3. Prepare daily sales report and deposit funds in safe.
4. Account for all coupons/passes redeemed.
5. Ensure cleanliness, neatness and inviting display in all areas of Visitor Services at all times.
6. Promote the sale of all gift shop items and assist visitors in selection of items.
7. Minimize pilferage by keeping alert and interacting with all customers.
8. Display stock in appropriate areas of the gift shop, as assigned; re-stock shelves to ensure maximum sales.
9. Price and receive new products as required.
10. Constantly upgrade knowledge of all products, services and events that are available at BCPV.
11. Distribute all materials provided for general Village information and for special days and programs.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Monday, April 1, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.