SITE SUPERVISOR, RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROJECTS – Full Time Position
9741 Canada Company Ave. Woodbridge, ON. L4H 0A3.
DIVISION: Restoration Services
SALARY RANGE: $54, 501.00 to $60, 935.00 per year.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Actively participate and provide daily worksite coordination to implement resource management field projects including tree planting and reforestation, forest management, landscape construction and environmental restoration programs and projects. Ensure safe working conditions and site safety standards for assigned projects. Provide excellent customer and client service. Working safely is a condition of employment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in resource management, environmental and/or engineering science, landscape design and/or construction or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience related to major tasks, including staff supervision and leadership and safe operation and maintenance of landscape construction/agricultural equipment.
- Understanding of OH&S Act and Regulations and application to major task areas.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret engineering and landscape architectural drawings and details.
- Knowledge of current forestry and landscape construction techniques and best management practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train and coach assigned staff.
- Proven problem solving skills in dynamic site conditions.
- Chainsaw Operator and Standard First-Aid/CPR certifications.
- Competence with laser level and basic surveying skills.
- Computer literacy skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database functions.
- Possess a valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License (Class AZ would be an asset).
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
1. Provide site supervision and coordination of assigned projects by working safely and efficiently to meet client expectations and project milestones/schedules within budget.
2. Assist with procurement of materials, services and equipment as required to implement assigned projects; ensure timely delivery of required products to facilitate uninterrupted work.
3. Prioritize and direct daily tasks for assigned staff and contractors.
4. Train and coach staff and perform daily ‘tailgate safety talks’ relevant to changes in type of work and site conditions.
5. Safely operate and maintain a wide variety of landscape construction and agricultural equipment and implements.
6. Complete daily site work records, cost ledgers and prepare reports as directed.
7. Assist in staff performance review and development as directed.
8. Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, March 24, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.