SERVICE AND SUPPORT STAFF, KORTRIGHT CENTRE – Seasonal Position
9550 Pine Valley Drive. Woodbridge, ON. L4L 1A6
DIVISION: PARKS AND CULTURE
SALARY RANGE: $10.25 per hour
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide assistance to the public and perform general maintenance tasks as assigned. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Cash handling experience;
- General computer skills;
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills;
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset;
- Food Handlers Certification an asset;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License an asset;
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
1. Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
2. Greet and collect fees from visitors and maintain balanced records of money collected.
3. Operate POS and computer systems.
4. Maintain cleanliness of all buildings, facilities and work areas.
5. Assist with any inquiries from staff, members of the public and others in a tactful and professional manner.
6. Perform general maintenance duties as required.
7. Complete any forms and reports as required.
8. Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
9. Participate in required training in the use of equipment, vehicles, tools, etc.; Follow all TRCA protocols and safety policies and procedures.
10. May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
11. May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
12. Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Downsview, Ontario M3N 1S4
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, July 28, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.