RESIDENTIAL TEACHING ASSISTANT, LAKE ST. GEORGE FIELD CENTRE – Contract Position
950 Bethesda Sd. Rd. Richmond Hill, ON. L4E 3G2
September 2013 to June 2014
DIVISION: Watershed Management
SALARY RANGE: $21.71 to $24.50 per hour. 35 hours per week.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
As the on-site, live-in-member of the Field Centre staff team, provide assistance and support to the weekday education program through teaching, client service and administrative duties. Tasks include overseeing the health and welfare needs of groups visiting the field centre, supervising students’ routines and assisting with education lessons and activities. Provide excellent customer and client service. Working safely is a condition of employment.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a check only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Post-secondary education in environmental studies or a related field;
- 1 year teaching and/or related experience, preferably in an outdoor setting;
- Good organization and computer skills;
- Member in good standing, Ontario College of Teachers an asset
- Certification in outdoor skills an asset;
- Lifeguard (NLS) Certification an asset
- Standard First Aid Certification required.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under supervision.
1. Assist with or lead instruction in field centre programs as scheduled, including one or two evening programs per week.
2. Supervise students in performance of residential routines.
3. Perform administrative and clerical duties as assigned by on-site supervisor.
4. Inspect and repair equipment and supplies.
5. Host field centre visitors and provide excellent client service.
6. Check health and consent forms for special needs, administer first aid and maintain first aid stations.
7. Inspect building before and after groups arrive.
8. Lead and supervise visiting groups during meal times as scheduled. Assist kitchen staff in serving meals, as assigned.
9. Attend centre staff meetings, training sessions and participate in program planning.
10. Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, May 26, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.