OUTREACH EDUCATION ASSISTANT – 5 Month Contract Position
9755 Canada Company Ave. Woodbridge, ON. L4L 1A7.
August to December with possibility of renewal.
DIVISION: Watershed Management
SALARY RANGE: $24.63 per hour. 35 hours per week.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Outreach Education Assistant will teach curriculum-linked environmental education programs to students. The position will involve driving to schools on a daily basis and working closely with a team of Instructors. The Outreach Education Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining an inventory of program supplies and entering data. Working some evenings and occasional weekends are a requirement of this position. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Criminal Records Check. Candidates will be asked for a check only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Post secondary education in environmental science or a related field;
- Teaching experience and/or leading outdoor programming an asset;
- Demonstrated environmental knowledge and ability to share that with others;
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a team environment;
- Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Ability to work flexible work hours with some evenings and weekends
- Standard First Aid certification an asset;
- Daily access to a vehicle and valid Ontario Driver’s License required;
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers an asset but not required.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
1. Deliver curriculum-linked outreach education programs to schools.
2. Transport, inspect, inventory and repair props, operational supplies, and equipment for education programs to ensure all materials are available for daily program delivery.
3. Assist with the entry of data.
4. Assist in providing support to stewardship projects and other education programs.
5. Assist with the implementation of new outreach programs.
6. Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions.
7. Assist with the preparation and administration of reports and budgets to ensure effective program delivery.
8. Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Monday, July 1, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.