MONITORING TECHNICIAN – 1 Year Contract
9520 Pine Valley Drive. Woodbridge, ON. L4L 1A6.
DIVISION: Watershed Management
SALARY RANGE: Range 4 $44,830 - $48,565 per year
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide technical assistance in the collection, analysis, management and reporting of stormwater and stream monitoring data. Provide efficient service delivery and excellent customer and client service. Occupational Health and Safety is a major responsibility of this position.
- Post-secondary education in environmental studies, environmental science, water resource engineering or related disciplines;
- Minimum of 1 year experience related to the major tasks;
- Working knowledge of database management systems and water monitoring concepts;
- Proficient with computer word processing and spreadsheet software;
- Experience in the building and construction trades an asset
- Strong analytical, communication and organization skills;
- Willingness to work outdoors year round, occasionally under adverse weather conditions and in confined spaces.
- Valid Ontario Driver's License.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
The following tasks will be performed under general supervision:
1. Collect, analyze and assist in the analysis and interpretation of hydrologic monitoring data.
2. Develop and maintain monitoring databases.
3. Install, operate, and maintain field monitoring equipment.
4. Assist in the preparation of technical reports, presentations, etc.
5. Assist in the preparation of funding proposals.
6. Provide water management information to internal and external clients.
7. Assist in the organization of workshops and seminars related to water management and assist in program development initiatives as required.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, November 17, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.