FORESTRY TECHNICIAN – Full Time Position
Restoration Services Centre. 9741 Canada Company Ave. Woodbridge, ON. L4H 0A3.
DIVISION: Restoration Services
SALARY RANGE: $55, 591 to $62, 154 per year.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide assistance to and participate in the delivery of forest management services on private and public lands including TRCA Managed Forest Program and Managed Forest Tax Incentive (MFTIP) Program. Provide excellent customer and client service. Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Post-secondary education in forestry / ecology / resource management or a related field;
- 3 years’ experience related to major tasks, including direct field experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of sustainable forestry and ecological restoration principles and their application in forest management practices;
- Working knowledge of forest diseases and pests;
- Working knowledge of afforestation practices and sampling methodologies;
- Certified MFTIP plan approver (an asset);
- Landscape/Forestry Pesticide Applicators License (an asset);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer word processing / GIS (Arcview/Arcmap) / spreadsheet proficiency;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (Class G).
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
1.Respond to private landowner inquiries and requests for technical advisory, site visitation and forest management plan preparation in support of TRCA and Peel Region - Climate Change initiatives.
2.Conduct site inspections, forest inventory assessments, and analyze/process field data in support of silvicultural prescriptions.
3.Assist with the development and implementation planning of forest management projects on public and private land in Peel Region.
4.Assist with the development and distribution of marketing materials in support of private landowner Forest Management planning and implementation services.
5.Maintain client database and program records to organize program participants and assess program efficiency for private landowner assistance programs.
6.Maintain effective partnerships and communications with internal and external client groups.
7.Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, July 21, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.