FIELD TECHNICIAN – Seasonal Position
9755 Canada Company Ave. Woodbridge, ON. L4L 1A7
7 Positions available.
Beginning May 21, 2013 to August 2013
*Due to funding requirements preference may be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in post-secondary education and who will be returning to school in the fall
SALARY RANGE: $15.99 to $18.02 per hour. 40 hours per week.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Under supervision collect fish, invertebrate, and geomorphological data in support of the TRCA’s Regional Watershed Monitoring Program and other projects. Data collection includes use of electrofishing gear, surveying equipment, multi-parameter water quality probes etc. Health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
- Post-secondary education in biology, environmental science, resource management or a related field
- Ability to handle and identify, invertebrate and mosquito species found in the Toronto area
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member
- Familiar with biological sampling equipment, including backpack electroshocking unit(certification an asset)
- Experience with surveying equipment
- Familiar with Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol(certification an asset)
- Ontario Benthic Biomonitoring Network certification an asset
- Comfortable working in and around water
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under supervision:
1. Conduct field inventories using specific protocols
2. Operate sampling equipment
3. Entry and manipulation of data in spreadsheet and database formats
4. Work safely
5. Provide excellent customer and client service
6. Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, April 14, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.