FIELD TECHNICIAN, SURVEY – Contract Position
Eastville Office (Scarborough) and Various Locations throughout TRCA Watersheds
Contract until December 31, 2013 with possibility of extension
DIVISION: Restoration Services
SALARY RANGE: Range 1 (40hrs per week) $33,930 - $38,238 per annum
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Carry out hydrographic and engineering surveys; operate and maintain survey equipment; prepare related field notes and calculations; and drafting as needed.
NOTE: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY IS A MAJOR RESPONISIBLITY OF THIS POSITION.
- At least two years Post-Secondary education in surveying, engineering technology, or a related discipline;
- Must demonstrate successful completion of highest level Survey courses at College or University or equivalent.
- Competent in the use of computers, and word processing software
- Familiar with engineering and fluvial geomorphic terminology;
- Experience in AutoCAD and GIS applications;
- Able to interpret topographic maps and aerial photographs;
- Experience in the use of digital handheld devices including; digital cameras, and handheld GPS units an asset;
- Small boat operating experience an asset;
- Must be able to swim and participate in TRCA Water Safety Seminar which involves an in-water pool component;
- Valid Class G driver’s license an asset
- This position is physically demanding and involves working outdoors on a daily basis, including all inclement weather;
- Self-motivated individuals with strong time management skills would be best suited.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
1. Supervise, direct and assist personnel, equipment for implementation of assigned projects.
2. Provide construction supervision and quality control.
3. Manage daily site operations to adhere to project schedules and cost estimates
4. Provide inspection for various engineering contracts as required.
5. Prepare and maintain concise records associated with project implementation and/or contracts as required.
6. Assist with project cost estimating, quantity takeoffs etc
7. Assist with survey crew as required including site layout
8. Provide supervision and direct contractors and heavy equipment operators as required
9. Ensure work is conducted in compliance with all applicable Acts, Regulations, policies and procedures.
10. Attend ongoing training and professional development courses as directed by TRCA
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Thursday, September 26, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.