FIELD TECHNICIAN, ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING - Contract Position
1 Eastville Ave. SCARBOROUGH, ON M1M 2N5
July 29, 2013 – December 31, 2013
DIVISION: Restoration Services
SALARY RANGE: $16.31 per hour. 40 hours per week.
- At least two years Post-Secondary education in surveying, engineering technology, or a related discipline;
- Must demonstrate successful completion of highest level Survey courses at College or University or equivalent.
- Competent in the use of computers, and word processing software
- Familiar with engineering and fluvial geomorphic terminology;
- Experience in AutoCAD and GIS applications;
- Able to interpret topographic maps and aerial photographs;
- Experience in the use of digital handheld devices including; digital cameras, and handheld GPS units an asset;
- Small boat operating experience an asset;
- Must be able to swim and participate in TRCA Water Safety Seminar which involves an in-water pool component;
- Valid Class G driver’s license an asset
- This position is physically demanding and involves working outdoors on a daily basis, including all inclement weather;
- Self-motivated individuals with strong time management skills would be best suited.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Carry out hydrographic and engineering surveys;
- Operate and maintain survey equipment;
- Prepare related field notes and calculations; and drafting as needed.
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY IS A MAJOR RESPONISIBLITY OF THIS POSITION.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Tuesday, July 23, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.