FIELD TECHNICIAN, ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING - Contract Position
1 Eastville Ave. SCARBOROUGH, ON M1M 2N5
July 29, 2013 – December 31, 2013
DIVISION: Restoration Services
SALARY RANGE: $16.31 per hour. 40 hours per week.
- At least two years Post-Secondary education in surveying, engineering technology, or a related discipline;
- Must demonstrate successful completion of highest level Survey courses at College or University or equivalent.
- Competent in the use of computers, and word processing software
- Familiar with engineering and fluvial geomorphic terminology;
- Experience in AutoCAD and GIS applications;
- Able to interpret topographic maps and aerial photographs;
- Experience in the use of digital handheld devices including; digital cameras, and handheld GPS units an asset;
- Small boat operating experience an asset;
- Must be able to swim and participate in TRCA Water Safety Seminar which involves an in-water pool component;
- Valid Class G driver’s license an asset
- This position is physically demanding and involves working outdoors on a daily basis, including all inclement weather;
- Self-motivated individuals with strong time management skills would be best suited.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Carry out hydrographic and engineering surveys;
- Operate and maintain survey equipment;
- Prepare related field notes and calculations; and drafting as needed.
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY IS A MAJOR RESPONISIBLITY OF THIS POSITION.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Tuesday, July 23, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA) works with its partners to ensure The Living City is built on a natural foundation of healthy rivers...