COORDINATOR, OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – One year contract
5 Shoreham Drive. Downsview, ON. M3N 1S4
SALARY RANGE: $54, 501.00 to $60, 935.00 per year.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
To provide effective support, administrative assistance and research to the Director of Ecology and divisional staff. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience related to major tasks;
- 2 year post-secondary education in business administration, accounting, or equivalent
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Good analytical and research skills;
- Team player with experience with working within multiple objectives and reporting deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with data management programs including Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office programs, (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance;
- Ability to prepare budgets, undertake variances and analyze results;
- Understanding of project management principles;
- Ability to interact with members of the public, senior staff and Municipal representatives or elected officials on behalf of the director.
- Environmental and conservation related knowledge and interest an asset;
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with issues
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
1. Assist the Director of Ecology in dealing effectively and promptly with inquiries and requests for information from the public, external partners, internal staff and CEO’s office on Ecology Projects, Board Reports and other correspondence.
2. Provide management support to the Ecology Division including the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets, updating of data on a monthly basis, production of management reports, distribution of management reports to division staff, monitor division budget and highlight issues for action by the Director. Annual budget preparation and tracking will be a significant task of this position.
3. Manage the daily office routine for the Director including greeting visitors, managing appointments, reviewing and prioritizing incoming correspondence and making special arrangements as required; maintain excellent records and files.
4. Organize meetings with internal and external groups related to projects and applications; attend internal and external meetings as requested; create agendas and meeting minutes; distribute all materials to participants in a timely way
5. Prepare and format correspondence, memos and reports of a general and technical nature. Develop templates where required. Assist with the preparation of PowerPoint presentations (formatting, animation, source pictures or graphics)
6. Assist the Director with corporate issues through research, information gathering and issues tracking
7. Research environmental issues and concerns via several modes of inquiry including reports, web, personal interviews, literature searches and other vehicles and summarize information for use by the ecology division as requested.
8. Answer telephone inquiries and arrange messaging to the Ecology Division members as required.
9. Provide staff training on procedures and database reporting when necessary and provide back up for other technical administrative support
10. Act with care and discretion on all confidential matters, including personnel files to support the Director.
11. Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, March 3, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.