COMMIS CHEF – Part Time Position
Black Creek Pioneer Village. 1000 Murray Ross Parkway. Toronto, ON. M3N 1S4
DIVISION: Parks and Culture
SALARY RANGE: $14.12 per hour
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Responsible for the preparation and cooking of meals according to menu plans. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet the Executive Chef and Sous Chef’s standards and specifications. Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen through proper food handling techniques. Responsible for kitchen clean down and sanitation. Responsible for proper food and inventory handling to minimize waste. Positive and respectful attitude within a team environment. Occupational Health and Safety is a major component of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Criminal Records Check. Candidates will be asked for a check only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Completion or enrolment in cooking/food service courses or certificate program;
- Minimum two years’ experience in a high-volume food service business
- Food Handlers Certificate required or to be obtained within two months;
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
1. Assist with preparation of meals according to approved menus and recipes having regard to health and safety requirements for food handling.
2. Learn all recipes, menus, preparations, and presentations, for quick and perfect execution
3. Ensure work station is kept clean and sanitized in accordance with established protocols and procedures, including all kitchen surface areas, serving utensils and appliances.
4. Display a friendly and courteous attitude towards client and fellow staff at all times.
5. Ensure food supplies are properly stored at all times including storage of food product delivered.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, April 7, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.