BASEFLOW MONITORING TECHNICIAN – Seasonal Position
5 Shoreham Drive. Downsview, ON. M3N 1S4
*Due to hiring restrictions applicants must be a student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and returning in the fall.
SALARY RANGE: $14.12 to $16.04 per hour.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
To assist in the summer field data collection of the Authority’s Low Flow Monitoring Program. The technician will work under the direct supervision of the crew leader while performing manual stream flow measurements and data collection as well as other related duties. Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Currently enrolled in University/College program in engineering, geography, environmental sciences or related fields.
- Experience with manual streamflow measurement techniques an asset.
- Experience in environmental field monitoring and reporting an asset.
- Strong computer knowledge including MS Office, MS Access; GIS knowledge an asset.
- Experience with precipitation and meteorological monitoring an asset.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Act.
- Must be able swim and work comfortably around water.
- Experience working with hand and power tool is an asset.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, some evenings and weekends.
- Possession of valid G Ontario Driver’s License.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under direct supervision:
1. Assist in the manual measurement of baseflows in watercourses, including the development and maintenance of GIS compatible databases.
2. Assist in the measurement of high flows in watercourses.
3. Assist in operations and maintenance of the Authority’s regional Stream, Precipitation and Meteorological networks.
4. Respond to general inquiries related to low flow management.
5. Other related duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, April 14, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.