ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - WATERSHED PLANNING – 6 Month Contract Position
70 Canuck Avenue. Building 100. Downsview, ON. M3K 2C5
DIVISION: Watershed Management
SALARY RANGE: $44, 830 to $48, 565 per year.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide administrative and project management support to the Waterfront Watershed Planning team in Watershed Management. Manage project management database records, process invoices and payments and liaise with internal staff and external partners regarding financial monitoring and project reporting. Interact with other TRCA staff and external committees on their behalf and provide excellent customer and client service.
- 3 years’ experience related to major tasks;
- 2 years or more post-secondary education in office administration, business, finance or equivalent;
- Financial and database reporting expertise with attention to detail, Database management an asset;
- Team player with experience with working within multiple objectives and reporting deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and diplomacy with senior government and private sector contacts;
- Strong organizational and tracking skills. Ability to manage a customer relationship;
- Computer literacy in Database or spreadsheet applications, WordPerfect, Lotus Notes and Project Management, all the Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Word, Access, MS Project and PowerPoint an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast paced demanding customer environment.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
1. Organize meetings with internal and external groups related to multiple projects and applications.
2. Liaise with the internal staff and customers in the creation and maintenance of database project records and reports to meet the needs of the various municipal partnerships. Ensure the timely preparation, review and distribution of committee reports and manage any inquiries or other issues that may arise from the information and area teams.
3. Support the Waterfront Watershed Planning team with up to date files, records and financial reports for specific projects. Update databases for other groups to access including project status and budgetary reporting/monitoring.
4. Prepare and format correspondence, memos and reports of a general and technical nature. Research environmental issues and concerns via several modes of inquiry including reports, web, personal interviews, literature searches and other vehicles and summarize information for use by the resource science team.
5. Answer extensive telephone inquiries and arrange messaging to the Waterfront Watershed Planning Supervisor and team.
6. Prepare timesheets, invoicing/payment of invoices and VISA billing. Interact with other support staff to ensure deadlines are met and information has been received on behalf of the Waterfront Watershed Planning team.
7. Provide staff training for the Waterfront Watershed Planning team on procedures and database reporting when necessary and provide back up for other technical administrative support.
8. Other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Fax: (416) 661-6898
By: Sunday, June 2, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.