Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is a great employer. There are many opportunities to advance with in the organization. There are a vast number of jobs within the TTC that can build your career.
fun workplace good customers
customer representative (Current Employee) –  subway platforms20 August 2015
i love to work as a costumer service representative.communicating with customers and helping them is very good work.
i utilize my communication skills.
co workers are always helpful.
i love this work so there is no hard part, i enjoyed every single minute.
Pros
good break time.
Cons
less hours
good
Customer Services Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is the biggest transportation provider in Canada.As the biggest platform it has succesfully been doing it duty towards both employees and customers.
Pros
committed to employees
Cons
late hour
How to get in?
Trying to get hired (Former Employee) –  toronto13 August 2015
Trying to get hired by TTC for some time now. It seems that I need to know someone on the inside to work there. Since I don't plan on becoming a driver for the company getting in is near impossible. Any advice would be helpful thank you.
N/A
Foreperson Line Services End Terminal Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Good support from upper management, overall union staff are hard working individuals who take pride in their job. Monthly safety meeting keeps union and management up to date with any safety related issues.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
The organisation provides a structured work place with substantial support from team leads and managers. The co-workers are a varied lot.
Overall, great place to work
Overhead Linesperson Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2015
Overall it is a great place to work. Due to the nature of the business, it's a bit hard to have a way of life like everyone else. It's an enterprise that requires attention 24/7, so a lot of workers do odd shifts in order to maintain service.
Pros
Great people to work with, great benefits
Cons
Work night shifts and afternoons shifts. Work weekends.
Productive, and something new to learn everyday
Prosecutor Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2015
Meeting with the TTC Prosecutor and helping organize,and prepare case briefs, early resolution meetings, photocopying, filing, going to trials and going before a Justice of the Peace.
It was a great place to work, wonderful people and great atmosphere
Car House Helper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2015
I loved working at the TTC it had fair wages and great people to work along side. I enjoyed going into work every day and the management were very supportive of any issues.
In need of real management
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2015
Assisting customers and other team members is number one priority. Being told to leave call comments, work resolution details, and other important information from call logs does little to assist front line and secondary support personnel provide the best support possible to the end user. A centralized database needs to be created and maintained to assist in daily support functions.
Pros
See various work sites normally unseen by the general public.
Cons
Seeing the first-hand abuse of some managers of their employees.
A big garage with over 600 drivers and support staff. There is pool table, table tennis, and fuss ball table
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2015
It is a great place to work. I giggle to my self when I think about driving a forty foot bus through Toronto. There are motorist who don't like to share the road. I've learned that not all people behave the same. There are people that are difficult to deal with. Those are the ones I enjoy the most to deal with. I thrive for a challenge to make them smile. Management is very supportive of me. I don't feel afraid or intimidated when speaking with them. My co-workers are great. There are a few odd bad apples. I don't expect perfection from them. The hardest part of the job is the time away from my wife and daughter. The times when I'm supposed t finish, but I'm late. When I can maintain a schedule and get from one place to another safely.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, room for internal advancements, being able to pick your own work, days off
Cons
long hours, being away from family, working almost all the holidays
Great Company - Great people
Chief Mobile Supervisor/Tower Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto24 June 2015
I have been working at Toronto Transit Commission for almost 10 years now. I absolutely love working here. Management is great. I have moved up the ranks and i enjoy every single day here.
TTC
Expeditor; Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2015
TTC staff care about this city, and they work hard to implement senior management's vision and plans.

Typical working day as Purchasing Expeditor: Tracked parts orders and expedited late and urgent orders by telephone, email or personal contact. Resolved supplier issues within own authority and escalated when necessary. See resume for more details.

Typical working day as Office Assistant: Provided administrative support to Executive Office, Community Relations and Corporate Communications departments. See resume for more details.
Pros
Transit pass; hardworking and friendly staff
Cons
Budget constraints
Fun Workplace
Auditing Clerk and Divisional Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2015
The Toronto Transit Commission is a fun and rewarding company. The people that work there are great. . The hardest part of the job was
completely fulfilling job, financially, and socially
Wheel Trans Driver, and Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2015
A typical day at work included meeting with fellow employees, who were generally very pleasant, although some felt the job was difficult. I did not find this , since my enjoyment of the public was about to begin. I did not find it hard to deal with any member of the public, and there were so many people that came by the Collector Booth,that had problems, and difficulties. Directions, cost of fares , routes, directions to places in the city, and general information regarding the use of the Transit System.i enjoyed all the questions and was able to give answers to most questions., as I feel it is my nature to be able to help others. I made friends with many of the passengers, and am still in contact with many of them. The hardest part of the job, was when a difficult passenger , would have unreasonable requests. My co workers, were, as i was, all in the same situation, and so my sympathies with their problems were easily understood. Management at the TTC was very supportive, should a problem arise, and were always available for consultation should a difficulty occur. I respected the management, as they knew the limits of what the commission could do to help difficult situations.
I learned, that the general public needed assistance, in understanding the operations of a Transit Situation, and needed direction as to destinations, and services available to them, as Transit riders Also I learned,that any person using a public service, is the same as you and I, they need assistance, and should be given any help that you can give them, based on your experience, knowledge,
  more... and empathy.  less
Pros
Well Paid for what we did, Enjoyed the public interadction
Cons
Some Booths were either too cold, or too Hot. Nothing else
Workplace , Learning place
CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2015
it was weekend and there was a game here people were going crazy about the transport system which we as CSR handled very gentally
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2015
I am satisfied with this job, but its just for short time.
It is basically a kind of on call job a proper shift is not preassigned .
Great company to work for
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 April 2015
Even though my contract was for 6 months - it was extended for an additional 6 months. The work environment was wonderful,. Everyone was a team player. Department shared information, great communication.
Pros
Great company, great benefits for employees
Cons
Some waste of funds
Poor work environment with an incompetent management
Driver Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2015
Long hours,poor working conditions,a management system that defies understanding.Workforce that is indifferent and only self motivated.Kiss your family goodbye for the first 10 years on this job. Only enjoyable part of this job was payday.
Pros
income
Cons
ridiculous work schedules
Great job with pay and benefits.
Bus operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2015
Great career job to take care of your family and have A great life, and most co- workers are great, but some will stab you in the back to try and move ahead in the company.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Management does not care about its employees, your just A number and A dime A dozen.

Toronto Transit Commission Reviews by Location