Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Commission Services & CEO Office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2015
I am here on a 2 month contract , recently I got extended another 3 months. The people here are amazing and I feel lucky to have gotten to work with such a great group of people.
Friendly environment
Specifier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2015
Consultant work for TTC only

Good working environment.

Good communication between management and employee.

Good working hours.

High security requirement.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Person (Summer Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Amazing experience, you do the job with honour and love representing the city of Toronto. It's also fun interacting with different people on a everyday basis.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
work on weekends
TTC The Better Way in Everyway
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is a fantastic company to work for because it allows you to use your talents in a multitude of ways and spread your wings as far as you wish to go. Though the perks are wonderful, it's not always about the material things but about respect support, lasting friendships and about having your voice heard from a supervisor or manager who seriously listens to your ideas and implements them. The job can be stressful at times but the support you receive makes it easier to handle.
Well paying company but low morale and hard on family life
Foreperson (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2015
As a foreperson, the job requires me to manage my workforce, make sure they work in a safe manner. Distribute the work required to the technicians, preferably to suit each technicians strengths so the work gets performed efficiently. This is done to make sure service is made for the service going out.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and pension
Cons
Shift work with various off days. Poor work environment lots of mistrust
Good Workpalce
C#/.Net Intranet SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
Good workplace for starters to gain lots of experience and learn from scratch. The boss is very nice and the work environment is very friendly. You always have your hands busy which is a good thing.
They take care of their employees
Crime Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 October 2015
I worked at the TTC for 33 years. They took care of me and my family and I was always proud to state where I worked. The employees at the TTC are the best. We are dedicated to customer service.
Pros
Free transit employee pass
Cons
shift work
Process oriented not Goal oriented
Senior BA, (Current Employee) –  toronto, on13 October 2015
- there are many exciting projects in the company
- Process oriented not Goal oriented
- takes time to see the result of your work
- Decent amount of red tapes and politics which is expected of a big company
Great place to work with vertical movement
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
Great place to work and make a career out of. Many professional development courses made available so all employees have the opportunity to move to different positions and further their career
Great starting experience
Occupational Hygienist Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2015
I did my program's summer co-op there and it was a great way to start with my career in Occupational Hygiene. I will be using skills I have learned during my time there in my future career.
Productive and serious work enviornment.
Garage Service Person ∙ Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2015
The Toronto Transit Commission is an amazing place to work. Safe, friendly and comfortable work environment. Amazing zeal for customer satisfaction amongst employees. The most enjoyable part of working for the TTC is the sense of satisfaction you feel when you help people from in and out of the city with customer service. The hardest part of this job is learning to adapt to different roles and positions which won't be a problem based on the amazing training that is offered with the company.
Pros
Amazing work culture and lifetime benifits. Equal opportunity for everyone.
Cons
Sinority counts for alot based on hours and time/years acumilated, which is reasobable. Every employee has to put in thier time to before having specific work hours.
Risky Job, Enjoyable Workplace
Night Revenue Collector - Summer Student Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2015
Fun workplace to work at, you are always on the road transporting cash and fare media. All the coworkers are really outgoing and very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the workplace is the support, fast paced environment and management.
Pros
Fast Paced Environment, late night shift
good company
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
A good company to work for. A very good working environment. Employees were treated very well. Also employee safety is always a priority
Well organized workplace.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2015
Very busy but friendly and professional co-workers/management. Enjoyed creating PowerPoint presentations with custom animation.
Highly work pressure with lots of new thing to learn.
Construction site superintendent (Current Employee) –  Walsh, Canada18 September 2015
No matter it's winter or summer work environment was so busy and tremendous busy with lots of communication. Must have good management skill with ability to work under pressure.
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
The Commission has always provided a great environment to work in. The people are great as well as the company policies, safety is always the priority.
We had a good soccer team
Bus and Subway Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2015
Was a great place to work good benefits and decent wages.
But with that came quite a bit of pressure and driving buses down town Toronto can be very demanding I also drove subways trains and trolley coaches.
Pros
Split shifts
Cons
The seniority system.
Highly stressful environment.
Locomotive Engineer/ Content writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2015
The job was time sensitive, which is a norm in the service industry. Moving two million people daily can produce a degree of stress. I worked in various departments including marketing. A typical day was to come up with positive content that would resonate with the ridership, which coincidentally also happened to be our readership.

Being partly union the company had been struggling for the last three decades with it's image as a commuter friendly service provider amidst the strikes and service disruptions, which had become quite the norm.

The environment was challenging due to being highly regulated. The company lacked competent management.
Pros
Job guarantee, pension and great health benefits.
Cons
Thankless job environment lacking motivation.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2015
mostly busy work place
how to better serve customers and understanding the meaning of providing customers with help
management was excellent
standing for long hours
enjoyed helping commuters get to their destinations
Pros
Experience
Cons
Standing
Excellent place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is a great employer. There are many opportunities to advance with in the organization. There are a vast number of jobs within the TTC that can build your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Transit Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2