Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

Placement
Investigators and Special Agents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2016
Overall great learning experience. Developed a great knowledge on how to interview, report writing skills, fraud, and other skills. Kept up with various cases.
good company great wages good union
Bus Operator / Divisional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 March 2016
good learning experience co-workers are fun to work with management is very harsh long hours split shifts 24 hrs. operation start out working spareboard the pick a shift
Outstanding organization
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
Good company to work with,good wages and many benefits, and a fine pension to follow with lots of benefits included, pleasant co-workers and ongoing seminars with learning opportunities. Meeting nice people was definitely a plus.
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
Some very difficult customers
Very professional and friendly workplace
Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2016
I learnt many things and I really love my position. My co-workers are very friendly and my supervisor is really professional engineer. I work as a structural designer and I am a co-op student. But I got involved with real projects. This is a very nice job experience for me in Canada.
Excellent company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Clerk Electrical Dept.) (Former Employee) –  Keele6 January 2016
Excellent company to work for.Good communication between all levels of management.Very positive environment to work and learn.
Excellent COOP Job
NDT COOP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
I performed ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and visual inspections on rail, alongside with hardness testing. It was an amazing learning experience as I had the opportunity to gain required hours to write my CGSB certifications in all of these techniques.
Pros
Practical to my career
Amazing place to work
Commission Services & CEO Office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2015
I am here on a 2 month contract , recently I got extended another 3 months. The people here are amazing and I feel lucky to have gotten to work with such a great group of people.
Friendly environment
Specifier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2015
Consultant work for TTC only

Good working environment.

Good communication between management and employee.

Good working hours.

High security requirement.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Person (Summer Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Amazing experience, you do the job with honour and love representing the city of Toronto. It's also fun interacting with different people on a everyday basis.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
work on weekends
TTC The Better Way in Everyway
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is a fantastic company to work for because it allows you to use your talents in a multitude of ways and spread your wings as far as you wish to go. Though the perks are wonderful, it's not always about the material things but about respect support, lasting friendships and about having your voice heard from a supervisor or manager who seriously listens to your ideas and implements them. The job can be stressful at times but the support you receive makes it easier to handle.
Well paying company but low morale and hard on family life
Foreperson (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2015
As a foreperson, the job requires me to manage my workforce, make sure they work in a safe manner. Distribute the work required to the technicians, preferably to suit each technicians strengths so the work gets performed efficiently. This is done to make sure service is made for the service going out.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and pension
Cons
Shift work with various off days. Poor work environment lots of mistrust
Good Workpalce
C#/.Net Intranet SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
Good workplace for starters to gain lots of experience and learn from scratch. The boss is very nice and the work environment is very friendly. You always have your hands busy which is a good thing.
They take care of their employees
Crime Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 October 2015
I worked at the TTC for 33 years. They took care of me and my family and I was always proud to state where I worked. The employees at the TTC are the best. We are dedicated to customer service.
Pros
Free transit employee pass
Cons
shift work
Process oriented not Goal oriented
Senior BA, (Current Employee) –  toronto, on13 October 2015
- there are many exciting projects in the company
- Process oriented not Goal oriented
- takes time to see the result of your work
- Decent amount of red tapes and politics which is expected of a big company
Great place to work with vertical movement
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
Great place to work and make a career out of. Many professional development courses made available so all employees have the opportunity to move to different positions and further their career
Great starting experience
Occupational Hygienist Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2015
I did my program's summer co-op there and it was a great way to start with my career in Occupational Hygiene. I will be using skills I have learned during my time there in my future career.
Productive and serious work enviornment.
Garage Service Person ∙ Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2015
The Toronto Transit Commission is an amazing place to work. Safe, friendly and comfortable work environment. Amazing zeal for customer satisfaction amongst employees. The most enjoyable part of working for the TTC is the sense of satisfaction you feel when you help people from in and out of the city with customer service. The hardest part of this job is learning to adapt to different roles and positions which won't be a problem based on the amazing training that is offered with the company.
Pros
Amazing work culture and lifetime benifits. Equal opportunity for everyone.
Cons
Sinority counts for alot based on hours and time/years acumilated, which is reasobable. Every employee has to put in thier time to before having specific work hours.
Risky Job, Enjoyable Workplace
Night Revenue Collector - Summer Student Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2015
Fun workplace to work at, you are always on the road transporting cash and fare media. All the coworkers are really outgoing and very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the workplace is the support, fast paced environment and management.
Pros
Fast Paced Environment, late night shift
good company
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
A good company to work for. A very good working environment. Employees were treated very well. Also employee safety is always a priority
Well organized workplace.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2015
Very busy but friendly and professional co-workers/management. Enjoyed creating PowerPoint presentations with custom animation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Transit Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2