Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Transit Commission Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Design Coordination
Assistant Design Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Helping build and improve one of the largest transit system in North America.
Facing new problems and challenges every day
Planning and design with an emphasis on public safety and satisfaction
summer student (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Company is well run and employer is very fair.
Hard work, not for everybody!
Transit Operator (Bus Driver) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Working splits and overtimes, days off are different from usual ones, more likely not a saturday and sunday. Working with great deal of pressure and tension from customers.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
Interacting with the general public is fun. The hardest part about the job is standing for long hours but I get used to it.
Fun place to work with new challenges each day
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: meeting interesting people.
Cons: long hours
Each day is challenging day on the road. I always respect other people and try to cheer up during the bus ride. My co-workers are excellent and we release our stress by sharing valuable work experience. I love helping people especially seniors and people with disability. If i can bring smile on there face it makes my day.
Clean workplace
Report and log amounts to supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: location and low brow security guards
Light duty workplace with good wages. Able to be bonded and had the experience of working with geat people in a great environment.
Product place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: very friendly
Cons: contract ended too short
My time working for the ttc was very short. Within those two months, I filled, shredded documents, photocopied, and entered data into access. My co-workers were very friendly. They would buy me coffee, and take me out for lunch.
contract assignment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: contract
Cons: contract
Typical day at work, I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, like sending certificate and it does not line up all the time. hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Provides great opportunity to grow
STATION COLLECTOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great compensation/benefits. strong fellowship with co-workers and management.
Cons: difficult hours can be alienating to family and friends (i typically work weekends).
TTC has taught me some great lessons, both professionally and personally. The training is extensive, giving me the confidence to function and perform well. I've learned to not respond emotionally in emotional situations, to take a step back and assess the entire situation to bring balance and fairness. I'm front-line staff, and, therefore, am under public scrutiny. I must always be at my best.
Great Working Environment
Power Traction and Wiring Services Co-op Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2013
Pros: everyday was a learning day
• Attended substation awareness training
• Prepared reports, flow charts, capital project and crew schedule
• Labeled Arc Flash rating on single line diagrams designs
• Prepared 600 VDC bus maintenance data sheet reports
• Finalized each substation Arc Flash analysis reports
• Prepared electrical room key holder training report
• Substation site visits
• Gave tour of substations to subway expansion contractors
• Supervised and organized substation written and practical exam
Professional work environment
Trainer / Instructional Designer - Toronto (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: changing work enviroment
Cons: shift work
An opportunity to work in teams or with subject matter experts to enhance my knowledge and incorporate new ideas into training materials This was a contract position which required training in shifts on a 7 day per week schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2013
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: increasing workload
My co-workers were one of the most enjoyable things about work. They were encouraging and fun people to work with. The hardest part of my job was handling the increased workload because of staff shortages while still trying to maintain good customer service. I learned how to multitask, doing many jobs at once. I learned how to correct situations and fix issues quickly to dissolve conflict.
Fun at times
Service Person (Former Employee), torontoMay 21, 2013
A typical day is fueling and waiting for them to call me to drop off a bus some where. I learned how to drive DZ bus. the management was not good at times, I got along with my co-works. The hardest part of the job is not have anything to do I don't like not having anything to do. What I liked about the job was pay and benefits.
Too much corporate drama
Sr Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2013
It was a working experience.. Great work experience though the management needs work and have to be trained in people skills.
challenging
Bus driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2013
very challenging job, meeting new people, learning new routes etc.

July 8, 2013

could you give me some tips on how to get the job

Toronto Transit Commission -1900 Yonge st
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoApril 1, 2013
Good place to work. I love to work for this company. Co-Workers are so helpful.
Work Day at TTC
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2013
At TTC, Desktop Team is Friendly and Easier to work with them.
Staff are great. More Friendly. I enjoed working for TTC. My co-workers are more friendly and easy going.
Recruitment Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: great hr dept
• Contributed to the goals and objectives of the TTC by providing support to the HR department; assisting in the recruitment and employee promotion process
• Updated the HRIS system with applicant & employee information, including entering information from applicant resumes; also tracked applicants and retrieved relevant details from the HRIS
• Participated in Panel Interviews thereby contributing to the assessment of applicants and their skills, experiences and suitability of working within the culture of the TTC
well paid, downside is management
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2013
A good place to work, a lot of nice people there. A lot of opportunities to work in many different departments and drive many types of vehicles.

February 20, 2013

Hi, What do you mean by the management is a downside? I received a letter to attend a session to become a TTC operator... how are you liking it so far? And is management that bad? Thanks alot for your input..

Great job but hours, obligatory nightshift interupted healthy lifestyle
Garage Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2012
Pros: great productive, respectful, natural environment. good lenthy break periods
Cons: obligatory sunset shiftwork
Typical day busy, productive, but not pressured to push to exertion. Learned basic automobile regulative maintenance skills. Strategic systematic procedures to complete tasks for multiple vehicles given by management. Great co-workers. Difficult task of shampooing bus seats in sweltering heat temperatures. Great outside work in the fresh air.

About Toronto Transit Commission

The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is a public transport agency that operates transit bus, streetcar, and rapid transit services – Read more

Toronto Transit Commission Photos