Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and serious work enviornment.
Garage Service Person ∙ Summer Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Amazing work culture and lifetime benifits. Equal opportunity for everyone.
Cons: Sinority counts for alot based on hours and time/years acumilated, which is reasobable. Every employee has to put in thier time to before having specific work hours.
The Toronto Transit Commission is an amazing place to work. Safe, friendly and comfortable work environment. Amazing zeal for customer satisfaction amongst employees. The most enjoyable part of working for the TTC is the sense of satisfaction you feel when you help people from in and out of the city with customer service. The hardest part of this job is learning to adapt to different roles and positions which won't be a problem based on the amazing training that is offered with the company.
Highly stressful environment.
Locomotive Engineer/ Content writer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Job guarantee, pension and great health benefits.
Cons: Thankless job environment lacking motivation.
The job was time sensitive, which is a norm in the service industry. Moving two million people daily can produce a degree of stress. I worked in various departments including marketing. A typical day was to come up with positive content that would resonate with the ridership, which coincidentally also happened to be our readership.

Being partly union the company had been struggling for the last three decades with it's image as a commuter friendly service provider amidst the strikes and service disruptions, which had become quite the norm.

The environment was challenging due to being highly regulated. The company lacked competent management.
Well paying company but low morale and hard on family life
Foreperson (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits and pension
Cons: Shift work with various off days. Poor work environment lots of mistrust
As a foreperson, the job requires me to manage my workforce, make sure they work in a safe manner. Distribute the work required to the technicians, preferably to suit each technicians strengths so the work gets performed efficiently. This is done to make sure service is made for the service going out.
We had a good soccer team
Bus and Subway Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Split shifts
Cons: The seniority system.
Was a great place to work good benefits and decent wages.
But with that came quite a bit of pressure and driving buses down town Toronto can be very demanding I also drove subways trains and trolley coaches.
Overall, great place to work
Overhead Linesperson Apprentice (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with, great benefits
Cons: Work night shifts and afternoons shifts. Work weekends.
Overall it is a great place to work. Due to the nature of the business, it's a bit hard to have a way of life like everyone else. It's an enterprise that requires attention 24/7, so a lot of workers do odd shifts in order to maintain service.
good company great wages good union
Bus Operator / Divisional Trainer (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 4, 2016
good learning experience co-workers are fun to work with management is very harsh long hours split shifts 24 hrs. operation start out working spareboard the pick a shift
Fantastic, open-minded and lovely team members at the TTC
(Co-op) Student Route Management Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Pros: Very well-fashioned and put together team relations, healthy team and work relations and environmental and employee care
I have had very fantastic team members, being my managers and my co-workers whom had the same tasks that I had, at the TTC, who made and granted all the more healthy work relations and prompted for successful and satisfying work, team culture, as well as the environment surrounding us.
manager and colleagues are really work oriented and work as a team to success-ed in the task
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
Pros: helpful, flexible, team work
Cons: less opportunities.
i would recommend to work 3 stars/5 stars really good service provides in customer service sector as well as j and j restaurant and banquit also provides good food service all over toronto besides that bm moters have good reputation all over the world in providing their service
Excellent COOP Job
NDT COOP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Practical to my career
I performed ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and visual inspections on rail, alongside with hardness testing. It was an amazing learning experience as I had the opportunity to gain required hours to write my CGSB certifications in all of these techniques.
TTC The Better Way in Everyway
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is a fantastic company to work for because it allows you to use your talents in a multitude of ways and spread your wings as far as you wish to go. Though the perks are wonderful, it's not always about the material things but about respect support, lasting friendships and about having your voice heard from a supervisor or manager who seriously listens to your ideas and implements them. The job can be stressful at times but the support you receive makes it easier to handle.
Great job with pay and benefits.
Bus operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits.
Cons: management does not care about its employees, your just a number and a dime a dozen.
Great career job to take care of your family and have A great life, and most co- workers are great, but some will stab you in the back to try and move ahead in the company.
TTC
Expeditor; Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Transit pass; hardworking and friendly staff
Cons: Budget constraints
TTC staff care about this city, and they work hard to implement senior management's vision and plans.

Typical working day as Purchasing Expeditor: Tracked parts orders and expedited late and urgent orders by telephone, email or personal contact. Resolved supplier issues within own authority and escalated when necessary. See resume for more details.

Typical working day as Office Assistant: Provided administrative support to Executive Office, Community Relations and Corporate Communications departments. See resume for more details.
Great company to work for
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great company, great benefits for employees
Cons: Some waste of funds
Even though my contract was for 6 months - it was extended for an additional 6 months. The work environment was wonderful,. Everyone was a team player. Department shared information, great communication.
Friendly environment
Specifier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Consultant work for TTC only

Good working environment.

Good communication between management and employee.

Good working hours.

High security requirement.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Standing
mostly busy work place
how to better serve customers and understanding the meaning of providing customers with help
management was excellent
standing for long hours
enjoyed helping commuters get to their destinations
Excellent company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Clerk Electrical Dept.) (Former Employee), KeeleJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: ..
Cons: .
Excellent company to work for.Good communication between all levels of management.Very positive environment to work and learn.
Very professional and friendly workplace
Structural Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I learnt many things and I really love my position. My co-workers are very friendly and my supervisor is really professional engineer. I work as a structural designer and I am a co-op student. But I got involved with real projects. This is a very nice job experience for me in Canada.
Great place to work with vertical movement
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work and make a career out of. Many professional development courses made available so all employees have the opportunity to move to different positions and further their career
A prime example of diversity in the work place.
Locomotive Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits and pension
Cons: lack of communication between management and union.
I have only fond memories of my years at the Toronto Transit Commission. "The Better Way,"is the official slogan and a.k.a. TTC, which has been around for more than a century serving Toronto and the greater Toronto area with its massive fleet of public transit vehicles and more than ten thousand dedicated employees comprising of management and union employees, whom I have had the pleasure of working with.

Come hail or snow, bracing well below freezing temperatures I used to be out there day after day at the controls of my Bombardier built T1 train serving station after station trying to get our commuters to their destination on time. A typical day for us consisted of track fires, weather related delays,disgruntled commuters, medical emergencies and equipment failures that we attended to in a timely manner while maintaining our high customer service standards and adhering to our slogan " Work safe, home safe."

The hardest part of the job was to be unable to resolve delays as a team within a timely manner and watching loyal commuters suffer.

The most rewarding part of the job was a fulfilling day that was a direct result of keeping our commuters happy, be it with uniting a lost child with his or her parents, returning a lost article to its rightful owner or comforting a frightened pet.
Risky Job, Enjoyable Workplace
Night Revenue Collector - Summer Student Program (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced Environment, late night shift
Fun workplace to work at, you are always on the road transporting cash and fare media. All the coworkers are really outgoing and very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the workplace is the support, fast paced environment and management.