Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

A great organization to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
Excellent CEO. Excellent Training. Excellent co-workers. Great benefits. Stressful but you get paid what you're worth. Gained exceptional skill sets that are transferable to any other job. Management is fair and productive.
Pros
People, pay and benefits
Cons
If you wish to earn great pay you need to put in the work
Customer Service
Team Lead Customer Service Representative (C.S.R.) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Being a front line employee, it is all about customer service. You are responsible for the safety of others by following proper procedure, lost customer will look up to you for guidance.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Long Hours, Various Shifts, Working anywhere in the city.
great place to work
Statistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Clock in. Do your job. Go home.

Secure job. Great people. High pay compared to private sector. A lot of vacation time as you progress. Some coworkers are petty and try to run the show but if you can deal with them you'll find there are very few better places to work.

Amazing pension. Probably one of the best in the country.

Only cons is that the work isn't very meaningful. You're just a cog in the system.
Pros
Hours. Work Life Balance. Pension. Free TTC.
Cons
No bonus unless you're really high up. Coworkers can be annoying.
Very structured
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Company is very structured, lots of processes as would be expected from a government company.
All in all good environment to work in, very nice people.
I loved driving the bus...I miss it terribly.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensway division TTC31 March 2017
My experience with the ttc was amazing even though it made my personal life difficult....it was worth it. I loved having the flexibility to work when I could. I loved the responsibility and the aknowledgement I recieved from people when I proudly told them I was a TTC operator. I loved servicing the public and meeting all kinds of people no matter what their situation was. I enjoy people and picking their brains to find out more about other experiences and ideas in life.
Pros
pay...benefits
Cons
working holidays, weekends, nights. I missed raising my babies.
Ttc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
Difficult hours
ESA often
Lack of understanding of personal issues
Every situation must be escalated in order to get results
Good pay Good benefits
Terrible staff and management( very old systems)
Good with events for employees to keep them interactive such as bbqs, awards, etc.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
lack of sleep, 12 hour shifts with 4 hour splits unpaid
Excellent work culture and chances of growth
Subway Vehicle Technician Trainee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
One of the best Canadian Employers. Excellent benefits and growth opportunities. Paid education. Unionized environment and high level of job security.
Co-op Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
the workplace culture is very welcoming. there is always people to talk with and the company makes you feel safe. everyday was enjoyable because you almost never do the same thing twice.
Welcoming workplace
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
The TTC and staff are friendly accommodating and helpful. Work environment is welcoming and fosters good work quality and lasting relationships.
Nice Management
Administrative Assistant(Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
It was a great experience . I have learned about office administration . All the workers are friendly and helpful. There is no hardest part of the job. I enjoyed well while I was working in TTC.
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
Noisy
My Job
Station Collector (Current Employee) –  Subway20 February 2017
I learned a lot at this job. How to have patience, how to deal appropriately to people who are confrontational. I was taught quite a bit about the human rights code and how it applies to customers, staff and management alike.
Easy going. get your job done.
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
You had daily tasks that would be assigned to you and you just complete your tasks. Good helpful management. The co workers were awesome most of them.
Very productive, team players, great people to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Track and structure22 January 2017
Very well managed company, always safety first, everyone is a team player, we all worked well together, great supervisors, everyone looks out for everyone
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lots of overtime
Big Big Company, Great benefits
ITS\ (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Everything about the company is great, except the fact that it is a big company.
And as same as all big companies, it has a lot of hierarchy issues, including redundancy of work, or changes of work plans/projects, etc.

Although there are too many opinions to finish a task at times, it is great to see everyone's voice being heard, and something being done about it.
Pros
Great salary, work life balance
Cons
Hierarchy
typical work environment
workcar operator (Former Employee) –  wilson garage19 January 2017
its open 24 hours a day so there are many shifts, recently more nights and splits shifts are been offered. i went to work and got my work done on time daily and got home safe after words
Operator
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Excellent career choice. must be thick skinned. the first couple years your patience will be tested with the off days, hours of work and your customers might not be too forgiving at times.
Pros
pay. benefits and pension
Cons
shift work and week day off days
Bad management in Procurement section leads to toxic environment
Procurement/Contract Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 January 2017
Work is in abundance, which is good, but work distribution is grossly unfair, even for the same position.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
Pros
Great salary & benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Overall an excellent place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
An amazing place to grow as an individual with so munch opportunity to advance. The unfortunate side is that many employees take this opportunity for granted.
Pros
Transit Pass
Excellent riview summary
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
Fast pace working,getting the job done,listen and obey to all management rules,working together as a team with your co-worker,making your best effort at what I do best cleaner,enjoyable part of the job is to finish the job at your very best
great pay
Service Agent/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
The TTC offers a wide range of challenging career opportunities. We are committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. The TTC accepts online applications for advertised employment opportunities only. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process.
Pros
free bus pass
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Transit Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2