Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, and something new to learn everyday
Prosecutor Co-op Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2015
Meeting with the TTC Prosecutor and helping organize,and prepare case briefs, early resolution meetings, photocopying, filing, going to trials and going before a Justice of the Peace.
In need of real management
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: See various work sites normally unseen by the general public.
Cons: Seeing the first-hand abuse of some managers of their employees.
Assisting customers and other team members is number one priority. Being told to leave call comments, work resolution details, and other important information from call logs does little to assist front line and secondary support personnel provide the best support possible to the end user. A centralized database needs to be created and maintained to assist in daily support functions.
Great Company - Great people
Chief Mobile Supervisor/Tower Controller (Current Employee), TorontoJune 24, 2015
I have been working at Toronto Transit Commission for almost 10 years now. I absolutely love working here. Management is great. I have moved up the ranks and i enjoy every single day here.
TTC
Expeditor; Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Transit pass; hardworking and friendly staff
Cons: Budget constraints
TTC staff care about this city, and they work hard to implement senior management's vision and plans.

Typical working day as Purchasing Expeditor: Tracked parts orders and expedited late and urgent orders by telephone, email or personal contact. Resolved supplier issues within own authority and escalated when necessary. See resume for more details.

Typical working day as Office Assistant: Provided administrative support to Executive Office, Community Relations and Corporate Communications departments. See resume for more details.
Fun Workplace
Auditing Clerk and Divisional Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
The Toronto Transit Commission is a fun and rewarding company. The people that work there are great. . The hardest part of the job was
completely fulfilling job, financially, and socially
Wheel Trans Driver, and Collector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Well Paid for what we did, Enjoyed the public interadction
Cons: Some Booths were either too cold, or too Hot. Nothing else
A typical day at work included meeting with fellow employees, who were generally very pleasant, although some felt the job was difficult. I did not find this , since my enjoyment of the public was about to begin. I did not find it hard to deal with any member of the public, and there were so many people that came by the Collector Booth,that had problems, and difficulties. Directions, cost of fares , routes, directions to places in the city, and general information regarding the use of the Transit System.i enjoyed all the questions and was able to give answers to most questions., as I feel it is my nature to be able to help others. I made friends with many of the passengers, and am still in contact with many of them. The hardest part of the job, was when a difficult passenger , would have unreasonable requests. My co workers, were, as i was, all in the same situation, and so my sympathies with their problems were easily understood. Management at the TTC was very supportive, should a problem arise, and were always available for consultation should a difficulty occur. I respected the management, as they knew the limits of what the commission could do to help difficult situations.
I learned, that the general public needed assistance, in understanding the operations of a Transit Situation, and needed direction as to destinations, and services available to them, as Transit riders Also I learned,that any person using a public service, is the same as you and I, they need assistance, and should be given any help that you can give them, based on your experience, knowledge, and empathy.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2015
I am satisfied with this job, but its just for short time.
It is basically a kind of on call job a proper shift is not preassigned .
Great company to work for
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great company, great benefits for employees
Cons: Some waste of funds
Even though my contract was for 6 months - it was extended for an additional 6 months. The work environment was wonderful,. Everyone was a team player. Department shared information, great communication.
Poor work environment with an incompetent management
Driver Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: income
Cons: ridiculous work schedules
Long hours,poor working conditions,a management system that defies understanding.Workforce that is indifferent and only self motivated.Kiss your family goodbye for the first 10 years on this job. Only enjoyable part of this job was payday.
Great job with pay and benefits.
Bus operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits.
Cons: management does not care about its employees, your just a number and a dime a dozen.
Great career job to take care of your family and have A great life, and most co- workers are great, but some will stab you in the back to try and move ahead in the company.
TTC
Software QA Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Requested to travel on public transportation with significant amount of TTC money in cash, some time during night time.

Requested to work irregular work hours a day or two before they are scheduled. Example: It’s very hard and often not possible to arrange child care for 6:00 AM (at least 1 hour before requested start time at 7:00AM) for such short period of time.

None of these conditions above were mentioned in my contract.
Excellent pay, Benefits, and job security
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2015
Good pay but long hours. Early mornings, afternoons and nights available. Employees have the ability to pick their own shifts within a seniority based system.
A prime example of diversity in the work place.
Locomotive Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits and pension
Cons: lack of communication between management and union.
I have only fond memories of my years at the Toronto Transit Commission. "The Better Way,"is the official slogan and a.k.a. TTC, which has been around for more than a century serving Toronto and the greater Toronto area with its massive fleet of public transit vehicles and more than ten thousand dedicated employees comprising of management and union employees, whom I have had the pleasure of working with.

Come hail or snow, bracing well below freezing temperatures I used to be out there day after day at the controls of my Bombardier built T1 train serving station after station trying to get our commuters to their destination on time. A typical day for us consisted of track fires, weather related delays,disgruntled commuters, medical emergencies and equipment failures that we attended to in a timely manner while maintaining our high customer service standards and adhering to our slogan " Work safe, home safe."

The hardest part of the job was to be unable to resolve delays as a team within a timely manner and watching loyal commuters suffer.

The most rewarding part of the job was a fulfilling day that was a direct result of keeping our commuters happy, be it with uniting a lost child with his or her parents, returning a lost article to its rightful owner or comforting a frightened pet.
Great working ethics and great working environment
Risk Data Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: diverse culture
Cons: small department
Possibility to share your knowledge and really make your skills work for the people of Toronto in a tangible and progressive way
ambassor
TTC Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is one of the best companies in Toronto they were very kind, helpful, and supportive. I like working with the company I had a create experience.
College Co-op
Truck and Coach Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 11, 2015
Assisted technicians in the "Wheel trans" garage. I helped inspect, diagnose, and repair various busses for 2 weeks through Centennial college
Excellent organization to have worked for. Retired
Director-Materials Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
There are several areas of advancement, several skills are required and I was able to progress through management for many years. Flexible work hours, safety is a priority, made many friends during my time there. Held to a high standard of quality and customer service.
Over all a great place to work.
Streetcar Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2014
I would usually get into work an hour early ,so to relax make out my paperwork for the day then i would go out to the yard and inspect my streetcar for safety and any defects before taking it out into service.Then leaving on time as per schedule and did my best to keep to schedule as safety allowed eg.rush hour traffic.I would do an eight hour to nine and a half hour shift usually with only twenty to thirty min. breaks but only if i got to the relief points on time in that case if late would just continue on and later phone in the overtime. when i got to my relief point for the day i would turn the streetcar to my relief operator and go home. We had alot of recertifications every 3 years and also public relation seminars also safety meetings and regular job up dates. Also human rights is very high on the ttcs list and was always completely covered. the hardest part of the job was coping with the everchanging rush hour traffic and all season weather conditions but it always kept me sharp and interested in my job.
Nice place to work for especially in terms of benefits and job reliability
Station Attendant (Summer Position) (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 31, 2014
Nice place to work at. Good benefits and pension plan. Co-Workers are nice. Management is ok as well.
Excellent workplace and oppurtunity to learn a lot of valuable stuff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 26, 2014
One of the best workplace i have ever been to
organized and professional work
opportunity to learn lot of valuable stuff

1 2 3 4

About Toronto Transit Commission

The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is a public transport agency that operates transit bus, streetcar, and rapid transit services – Read more

Toronto Transit Commission Photos