Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Transit Commission Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Place to Work
Administrative Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: benefits not the same for union as for staff employee's
I believe if you like your career choice than the salary does not matter it is important to enjoy what you do since we spend 75% of our lives working!
Driving was always my dream. Getting this job was great for me.
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: great hourly wage as operator. good salary when on staff.
Cons: none for me.
It was not work going to my job. I loved it. Got trained on all aspects and equipment plus promotion as I went through my 35 years. No complaints.
Great place to work, great people to work for. Loved every minute
Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2014
I enjoyed dealing with the public on a constant basis. A lot of fun, co-workers were from different walks of life. Continued to learn.
Never a dull moment
Transit Reporter/Corporate Communications Manager (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 16, 2014
Great company to work for! Can't wait to go back. One of those companies that you stay with till you retire.
Able to intreact with co-workers and customers
Serviceperson (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: patient
Cons: i talk a lot.
I love working with others and learning from everyones experience to make myself a better person and productive worker overall. I've learned patience when dealing with hard difficult situations which makes me level heaeded to make rational and logical decisions in the workplace based on a combination of company procedures and experiences.
Summer Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2014
I very much enjoyed working at TTC, co-workers and managers were easy to get along with, In a typical day at work I would clean up the shop, help co-workers with various tasks. I was left alone for the most part knowing I had a set of duties to accomplish everyday and I would do just that. Hardest part was the commute to work with constant traffic. – more... I learned many valuable skills. – less
Enjoyable at times.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: starting out, not knowing, what kind of work i was assigned.
From time to time experienced unforeseen delays in subway service, due to various circumstances. Meeting interesting customers. Great group of co-workers.
Challenging work inviornment
surface route supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 14, 2013
Supervise bus line from street, transit control office or in mobile unit
manage drivers
deal with public
track and report customer volume, customer satisfaction
investigate complaints, accidents involving transit vehicles.
Design Coordination
Assistant Design Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Helping build and improve one of the largest transit system in North America.
Facing new problems and challenges every day
Planning and design with an emphasis on public safety and satisfaction
summer student (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Company is well run and employer is very fair.
Hard work, not for everybody!
Transit Operator (Bus Driver) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Working splits and overtimes, days off are different from usual ones, more likely not a saturday and sunday. Working with great deal of pressure and tension from customers.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
Interacting with the general public is fun. The hardest part about the job is standing for long hours but I get used to it.
Fun place to work with new challenges each day
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: meeting interesting people.
Cons: long hours
Each day is challenging day on the road. I always respect other people and try to cheer up during the bus ride. My co-workers are excellent and we release our stress by sharing valuable work experience. I love helping people especially seniors and people with disability. If i can bring smile on there face it makes my day.
Clean workplace
Report and log amounts to supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: location and low brow security guards
Light duty workplace with good wages. Able to be bonded and had the experience of working with geat people in a great environment.
Product place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: very friendly
Cons: contract ended too short
My time working for the ttc was very short. Within those two months, I filled, shredded documents, photocopied, and entered data into access. My co-workers were very friendly. They would buy me coffee, and take me out for lunch.
contract assignment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: contract
Cons: contract
Typical day at work, I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, like sending certificate and it does not line up all the time. hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and – more... physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel. – less
Provides great opportunity to grow
STATION COLLECTOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great compensation/benefits. strong fellowship with co-workers and management.
Cons: difficult hours can be alienating to family and friends (i typically work weekends).
TTC has taught me some great lessons, both professionally and personally. The training is extensive, giving me the confidence to function and perform well. I've learned to not respond emotionally in emotional situations, to take a step back and assess the entire situation to bring balance and fairness. I'm front-line staff, and, therefore, am under – more... public scrutiny. I must always be at my best. – less
Great Working Environment
Power Traction and Wiring Services Co-op Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2013
Pros: everyday was a learning day
• Attended substation awareness training
• Prepared reports, flow charts, capital project and crew schedule
• Labeled Arc Flash rating on single line diagrams designs
• Prepared 600 VDC bus maintenance data sheet reports
• Finalized each substation Arc Flash analysis reports
• Prepared electrical room key holder training report
• Substation site visits
 – more... Gave tour of substations to subway expansion contractors
• Supervised and organized substation written and practical exam – less
Professional work environment
Trainer / Instructional Designer - Toronto (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: changing work enviroment
Cons: shift work
An opportunity to work in teams or with subject matter experts to enhance my knowledge and incorporate new ideas into training materials This was a contract position which required training in shifts on a 7 day per week schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2013
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: increasing workload
My co-workers were one of the most enjoyable things about work. They were encouraging and fun people to work with. The hardest part of my job was handling the increased workload because of staff shortages while still trying to maintain good customer service. I learned how to multitask, doing many jobs at once. I learned how to correct situations and – more... fix issues quickly to dissolve conflict. – less

1 2 3

About Toronto Transit Commission

The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is a public transport agency that operates transit bus, streetcar, and rapid transit services – Read more

Toronto Transit Commission Photos