Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Clerk Electrical Dept.) (Former Employee), KeeleJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: ..
Cons: .
Excellent company to work for.Good communication between all levels of management.Very positive environment to work and learn.
Excellent COOP Job
NDT COOP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Practical to my career
I performed ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and visual inspections on rail, alongside with hardness testing. It was an amazing learning experience as I had the opportunity to gain required hours to write my CGSB certifications in all of these techniques.
Amazing place to work
Commission Services & CEO Office (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
I am here on a 2 month contract , recently I got extended another 3 months. The people here are amazing and I feel lucky to have gotten to work with such a great group of people.
Friendly environment
Specifier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Consultant work for TTC only

Good working environment.

Good communication between management and employee.

Good working hours.

High security requirement.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Person (Summer Student) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment
Cons: work on weekends
Amazing experience, you do the job with honour and love representing the city of Toronto. It's also fun interacting with different people on a everyday basis.
TTC The Better Way in Everyway
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is a fantastic company to work for because it allows you to use your talents in a multitude of ways and spread your wings as far as you wish to go. Though the perks are wonderful, it's not always about the material things but about respect support, lasting friendships and about having your voice heard from a supervisor or manager who seriously listens to your ideas and implements them. The job can be stressful at times but the support you receive makes it easier to handle.
Well paying company but low morale and hard on family life
Foreperson (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits and pension
Cons: Shift work with various off days. Poor work environment lots of mistrust
As a foreperson, the job requires me to manage my workforce, make sure they work in a safe manner. Distribute the work required to the technicians, preferably to suit each technicians strengths so the work gets performed efficiently. This is done to make sure service is made for the service going out.
Good Workpalce
C#/.Net Intranet SharePoint Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
Good workplace for starters to gain lots of experience and learn from scratch. The boss is very nice and the work environment is very friendly. You always have your hands busy which is a good thing.
They take care of their employees
Crime Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Free transit employee pass
Cons: shift work
I worked at the TTC for 33 years. They took care of me and my family and I was always proud to state where I worked. The employees at the TTC are the best. We are dedicated to customer service.
Great place to work with vertical movement
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work and make a career out of. Many professional development courses made available so all employees have the opportunity to move to different positions and further their career
Great starting experience
Occupational Hygienist Co-Op Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2015
I did my program's summer co-op there and it was a great way to start with my career in Occupational Hygiene. I will be using skills I have learned during my time there in my future career.
Productive and serious work enviornment.
Garage Service Person ∙ Summer Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Amazing work culture and lifetime benifits. Equal opportunity for everyone.
Cons: Sinority counts for alot based on hours and time/years acumilated, which is reasobable. Every employee has to put in thier time to before having specific work hours.
The Toronto Transit Commission is an amazing place to work. Safe, friendly and comfortable work environment. Amazing zeal for customer satisfaction amongst employees. The most enjoyable part of working for the TTC is the sense of satisfaction you feel when you help people from in and out of the city with customer service. The hardest part of this job is learning to adapt to different roles and positions which won't be a problem based on the amazing training that is offered with the company.
Risky Job, Enjoyable Workplace
Night Revenue Collector - Summer Student Program (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced Environment, late night shift
Fun workplace to work at, you are always on the road transporting cash and fare media. All the coworkers are really outgoing and very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the workplace is the support, fast paced environment and management.
good company
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
A good company to work for. A very good working environment. Employees were treated very well. Also employee safety is always a priority
Well organized workplace.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Very busy but friendly and professional co-workers/management. Enjoyed creating PowerPoint presentations with custom animation.
NDT Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
The Commission has always provided a great environment to work in. The people are great as well as the company policies, safety is always the priority.
We had a good soccer team
Bus and Subway Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Split shifts
Cons: The seniority system.
Was a great place to work good benefits and decent wages.
But with that came quite a bit of pressure and driving buses down town Toronto can be very demanding I also drove subways trains and trolley coaches.
Highly stressful environment.
Locomotive Engineer/ Content writer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Job guarantee, pension and great health benefits.
Cons: Thankless job environment lacking motivation.
The job was time sensitive, which is a norm in the service industry. Moving two million people daily can produce a degree of stress. I worked in various departments including marketing. A typical day was to come up with positive content that would resonate with the ridership, which coincidentally also happened to be our readership.

Being partly union the company had been struggling for the last three decades with it's image as a commuter friendly service provider amidst the strikes and service disruptions, which had become quite the norm.

The environment was challenging due to being highly regulated. The company lacked competent management.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Standing
mostly busy work place
how to better serve customers and understanding the meaning of providing customers with help
management was excellent
standing for long hours
enjoyed helping commuters get to their destinations
Excellent place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
Toronto Transit Commission is a great employer. There are many opportunities to advance with in the organization. There are a vast number of jobs within the TTC that can build your career.