Toronto Sun Employee Reviews in Canada

energetic
Newspaper Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
put all newspapers together and hold with a rubber band,
go to houses and distribute newpapers to houses who have ordered newpapers
enjoyable job very loose hours
Carrier and Collection Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
I had an excellent experience with the Toronto Sun. I worked once a week on Sundays. I spent my day in Brampton collecting payments and handling customer feedback and responses. I was able to handle the customers very well and compensate them properly.
great place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2014
Warm environment, great hours, amazing scheduling. Learned a lot there, helped out alot of people.
Delivery Man
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONApril 29, 2014
Bagged and delivered newspapers every Sunday. Flexible routes and room for expansion and more customer feedback.
Typical Newspaper Job
Delivery Boy (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Toronto Sun does not differ too much from any regular newspaper company. A typical day at the job would be delivering between 30-60 papers to desired customers. Management was friendly and did a good job in making everything run smoothly. No co-workers involved. Hardest part was the brutal winters and the most enjoyable was being out in the summer.
Pros
summer enjoyment, pay is not too bad
Cons
waking up and delivering papers early in the cold winters
Simple
Newspaper carrier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 29, 2013
It was a very easy going job. Delivering 160 papers once a week and collecting customers payments monthly earned me atleast $300/mth + $40 for gas, but eventually my pay went down to $150/mth and there were extra papers that needed more time rolling that were introduced so I had to start waking up earlier and eventually I gave up the job because I was tired of it.
Pros
recieved $40 dollars for gas every two weeks (had to drive all around south end of barrie)
Cons
waking up very early (4am, or 5am)
Awesome
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 23, 2013
great people to work with ! management was awesome didnt have meny coworkers
Pros
1 day a week
Cons
not enough hours
great place to work
Pressroom Cleaner / Building Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2013
it was the best job i had so far it brike my heart when i heard that they had to decided to move i was there for a long time and the people i worked with all great and the place was so fun to work for and they treated all so very good
Pros
christmas party
Cons
great pay
Work out with pay
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Delivering 50 to 500 papers a morning can be tiring and challenging.Being on time requires carriers to hustle and get the paper in the mail box or at the door. With practice, delivering to houses on route will become second nature as house numbers become familiar.
The hardest part is keeping awake in the wee hours of dawn.
The most enjoyable part is the running and throwing actions involved.
Pros
grab n go
Cons
$5 missing/damage penalty (some districts)
A starting job for a young person to learn
Paper delivery (Former Employee) –  Oshawa ONAugust 23, 2013
I learned to manage my money and deal with customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to catch people at home to collect. Other than that it was easy to do.
Pros
learning customer service
Cons
a lot of walking and catching people at home
Enjoyable job that you can personalize to your comfort
Paper Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 5, 2013
A typical day: Pick up papers at a gas station, stuff & bag them, then deliver them by car.
What I learned: Gained a better understanding of the surrounding area geographically.
Management: Don't usually communicate with them unless there is a problem with delivery.
Co-workers: Work alone.
Hard part: Waking up so early.
Enjoyable: Can listen to music or hang out with someone while working.
Pros
done work early in the day
Cons
early shift starts at 3am
First taste of work
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2013
Delivered newspapers on three routes every Sunday. Organized papers together by putting the inserts into the newspaper. The routes were organized for optimal and timely delivery.

During the last week of each month, I collected payments from the Sun's customers. Gave the Sun their portion at the end of the month.
Great People and Learning Experiences
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2013
The most enjoyable experience of working with the Toronto Sun were the wonderful people I had the opportunity to work with as well as the invaluable experiences I gained .Each and every day presented a new and exciting challenge and with it an opportunity to further develop and refine my skill sets. The most challenging part was the high turnover, which often lead to a more reactive management approach, in an effort to continuously reduce expenses. However this also presented an opportunity to perform workflow analysis and implement process efficiencies
Cool
Deliverer and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton OntarioMay 10, 2012
Was fun doing the paper although the pay wasn't great. Manager was nice although we only saw her once a month for pay time.
Pros
balanced lifestyle
Cons
dogs chasing me