The Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper, is currently looking for Part-Time Production Operators to work at our Vaughan Press Centre. Come join this team-based environment at our 24/7 printing facility.
This position is an entry-level, general labour position that involves the physical handling of the newspaper and related advertising supplements.
- Prior bindery or machine operator experience is preferred.
- Motivated self-starter willing to work in a fast-paced environment performing
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a diverse, team-based environment.
- Demonstrated on-the-job reliability and dependability.
- Excellent communication skills and detail-oriented.
- Completion of high school.
This part-time position has a variety of shifts available 24 hours, 7 days a week. The incumbent must be able to work on a weekly schedule with short notice.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume. Please be sure to include, “Mailing Room Operator” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.