Toronto Research Chemicals Inc., is a manufacturer of complex organic chemicals for use in biomedical research. We supply research chemicals to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical manufacturing companies, as well as hospitals, universities and research institutes. Founded in 1982, and located in Toronto, Canada, we currently manufacture over 37,000 research chemicals used by scientists in over 55 countries.
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full-Time
Job: Waste Solvent Technician
Work Location: North York, Ontario
Start Date: Immediately
- Receive, identify, sort, and prepare for disposal of waste solvent and hazardous materials.
- Verify hazardous wastes and classify them for disposal.
- Maintain inventories of Waste Solvent and hazardous materials on-site.
- Dispense hazardous materials from bulk containers to smaller individual containers.
- Follow procedures for waste management and chemical handling including, sampling, weighing, and storing chemical containers.
- Add reagents and mix or process waste.
- Participate in occupational hygiene monitoring.
- Monitor waste dispensing room.
- Collect environmental monitoring samples and submit for analysis.
- Research and stay current with provincial and federal regulations, laws, and amendments governing hazardous wastes and materials.
- Work closely with Ministry of Environment and complete all required documents as required
- Participate in training and professional development activities, including necessary certification.
- Comply with prescribed safety procedures or federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
- Clean contaminated equipment or areas for re-use, using detergents or solvents, sandblasters, filter pumps, or steam cleaners.
- Operate machines or equipment to remove, package, store, or transport waste materials.
- Record numbers of containers stored at disposal sites, specifying amounts or types of equipment or waste disposed.
- A University degree in Chemistry, environmental science/engineering, waste management or toxicology required.
- Must have a good understanding of the safety procedures, federal and provincial laws regulating hazardous waste disposal
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Manual labour involved
Indeed - 5 months ago
North York, ON
- 19 days ago