Toronto Research Chemicals Inc., is a manufacturer of complex organic chemicals for use in biomedical research. We supply research chemicals to bio-analytical, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical manufacturing companies, as well as to hospitals, universities, and research institutes. Founded in 1982, and located in Toronto, Canada, we currently manufacture over 31,000 research chemicals used by scientists in over 55 countries.
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full-Time
Job: Analytical Chemist
Work Location: North York, Ontario
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $32,000 - $45,000 based on experience
- Analyzing samples from various sources to provide information on compounds or quantities of compounds present
- Use analytical techniques and instrumentation, such as thin layer chromatography, melting point, nuclear magnetic resonance, optical rotation, gas chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, various wet chemistry techniques, elemental analysis
- Interpreting data and adhering to strict guidelines on documentation when recording data
- Reporting scientific results
- Working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Being aware of and keeping up to date with health and safety issues in all aspects of the work
- BSc in organic chemistry with an emphasis on analytical chemistry.
- Organizational and Communication skills are required.
- Good theoretical knowledge of analytical chemistry.
- Good practical knowledge of analytical methodology and separation technique.
This position is directed to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and US citizens eligible for a TN visa under the North American Free Trade Act (NAFTA). Those who do not meet these criteria need not apply.