Founded in 1845, the Toronto Region Board of Trade is Canada's largest local chamber of commerce, connecting more than 200,000 business professionals and influencers throughout the Toronto region. The Board of Trade advances the success of its members and the entire Toronto region by facilitating opportunities for knowledge sharing, networking, business development and city building.
Involvement with the Toronto Region Board of Trade delivers measurable professional and personal advantages for members. Equally important, the Board of Trade fuels the economic, social and cultural vitality of the entire Toronto region by fostering powerful collaborations among business, government, thought leaders and community builders. The Toronto Region Board of Trade plays a vital role in elevating the quality of life and global competitiveness of Canada’s largest urban centre.
The Sales, Small & Mid Market position is responsible for retention of customers/members in the Small Market category and the acquisition and retention in the mid market. Retention tasks include out-bound phone calls to existing members at time of renewal to secure membership renewal for a subsequent year, as well as engaging members to participate in additional events and services at targeted windows throughout the year (including Annual Dinner tickets, advertising sales, etc.). The role will develop membership relationships to ensure long term, sustainable revenue growth in a specific portfolio. The Sales, Small & Mid Market will also be responsible for identifying, executing and implementing account management programs and other opportunities to improve retention of memberships. In the mid market the individual will focus on acquisition through outbound phone calls and attending events. A successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with both internal departments and external members to contribute to annual sales and retention targets.
- Using a solution sales approach, sell Board of Trade memberships to small to mid-size corporations across industries, with a focus on the key industries that are represented in the GTA
- Attend various Board of Trade events to network with members and prospects and support strong member relationships with Board of Trade staff
- With a consultative approach, ensure that membership retention of an assigned portfolio is at the highest levels. Provide ongoing contact with members within given portfolio to ensure member’s needs are being satisfied and to enhance business relationships with members while achieving retention targets.
- Design, develop and execute successful, sustainable and profitable retention plans leveraging relevant processes, employees and systems to enhance the membership experience and increase retention efforts. Responsible for ongoing management and reporting of retention programs providing insight and recommendations to continually improve results.
- Improve engagement of members by up-selling memberships, increase participation in the Board Advantage Savings program, upgrade members within assigned portfolio to higher revenue membership categories and achieve corresponding retention targets.
- Support Membership Development – Focus on Small & Mid Markets and build relationships with key stakeholders anticipating and ensuring needs are met in a timely manner. Key stakeholders include Marketing, Events and Sponsorships, Communications, Information Services and Membership. Key liaison between cross-functional teams.
- Drive ancillary sales revenue for the Board of Trade as required. This may include, but is not limited to, event ticket sales, advertising sales, etc.
Post-secondary education and/or proven sales experience
- Minimum of two years sales experience, preferably in a business-to-business environment
- Ability to create own call lists and prospect effectively with little supervision
- Strong cold calling skills are essential
- Strong communication skills is essential, both written and verbal; confident, clear communication with members and prospects. Shares information with membership team and constructively communicates member feedback with other internal departments
- Ability to identify customer needs and successfully attain member/prospect agreement to continue membership that meets the needs of the member and the Board
- Demonstrates teamwork through information sharing with membership team and internal departments. Ability to work with diverse teams and adapt to different approaches. Contributes to membership team to ensure overall team targets are achieved
- Respond in a timely manner to membership inquiries. Proactively contact members on a regular basis to ensure the needs of members within assigned portfolio are met
- Able to manage cross-functional teams to develop programs, monitor tasks and responsibilities and ensure they are met in a timely manner
- Positive attitude and an in-depth knowledge of the Board’s memberships and services and adherence to the Board’s policies and acceptable procedures
- Dynamic, fast paced office environment, working with diverse teams. Excellent computer skills and communication skills are a must, as managing systems and discussions with members is a constant
- Ability to engage and acknowledge
- Ability to discover and understand – using the right mix of open ended, closed ended and permission for control questions
- Assess customer flexibility
- Probe and understand beyond initial request
- Comfort and ability to “sell”
- Ability to listen (without interrupting) to information/customer needs and retain facts
- Ability to reflect, summarize information and paraphrase back to customer
- Ability to search options to reflect customer needs
- Ability to provide accurate and relevant recommendations based on customer data/needs
- Ability to understand and act upon customer queues’
- Ability to personalize experience and connect with customer experience through own life experience
- Ability to create value through the customer experience
- Ability to identify customer needs beyond initial request and sell accordingly
- Ability to close the sale
- Offer additional options that are relevant to initial request
- Ability to educate customer
- Ability to clarify and check for understanding and satisfaction
- A competitive, experienced-based compensation package will be provided with salary and benefits. Position also has commission and incentive bonus components.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Founded in 1845, the Toronto Region Board of Trade is Canada's largest local chamber of commerce, connecting more than...