TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL Employee Reviews in Canada

Great People, Lack of Direction
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
- Fantastic coworkers who strive to bring excellence.
- Lack of strategic vision for the organization from upper management.
- High turnover rate means that knowledge is not always transferred and issues are often repeated.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Low salaries and long hours.
Fun
Head Supervisor - TIFF People's Choice Awards (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Great fast place to work with always something to work on. The workers worked well as a team and were never afraid to give or receive direction.
Excellent workplace to grow skills and work on extremely interesting projects
DIGITAL DESIGNER / DIGITAL SIGNAGE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario. CanadaFebruary 9, 2016
I learned a great deal with my time at the Toronto International Film Festival. A high paced work environment all year round but the run up to the festival in September is staggering. A large number of projects being worked on simultaneously with turnaround time being very tight.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
A heavy workload
Great place to work!
Coordinator, Talent Lab (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Smart and energetic work place. Fantastic community and work culture. Reasonable hours and clear expectations. Recommend.
A very fun place to work
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
The management team and supervisors made the working environment enjoyable and fun
There were many staff perks
The clients and customers were pleasant and made the days go by faster
Pros
Lots of staff perks
Cons
Short term work
Jovial working Experience!
Usher (Former Employee) –  350 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 3X5October 27, 2014
Working with the Toronto International Film Festival, I can say that I have never had so much fun doing a job! There were many opportunities to meet interesting people from all walks of life who all had thier own
movie industry
Movie industry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
I worked just for a few days, because it's was a volunteer and the Festival only takes 10 days. During the Festival and during my shift, i learn a alot of things about movie industry, and cinema. As a movie lover, i really enjoyed working for TIFF, i didn't really feel my shift hard. With my co-workers, we helped costumer to go assist their movie, check the guest list, helped each other to gives a best image of the compagny be spontaneous and welcoming. I really loved this experience.
Pros
free tickets for movie
Great perks, but hard work
Admin (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 27, 2014
Inspiring place to work, great perks, although you should expect to work a LOT for below average pay. Ongoing battles between corporate agenda vs artistic goals poisons the workplace somewhat. Despite all, working at TIFF provides great opportunities for film lovers.
Great Experience
Theatres Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2014
It was an excellent experience volunteering at TIFF. Volunteers are surrounded by fellow cinephiles, and together, embrace film production through this exciting event.

Ushering, in particular, was the most exciting position since it allows volunteers to both watch the films and the Q&A.
TIFF is great!
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2014
• Worked with various departments including Creative, Marketing, Philanthropy, Sponsorship, Advertising, and Editorial producing multiple projects.
• Developed magazine advertising, posters, employee forms, promotional items, signage, and informational as well as festival booklets
• Presented assets and assigned projects at weekly team meeting to members of the creative department
• Helpful and friendly staff
Working the 2 week festival is one of those most rewarding and entertaining jobs I've ever had
TIFF Noir Front of House Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
The 2 week festival is complete chaos, but the people and management are fantastic.
I try to work the festival each year as it really is an incredible experience. I would highly recommend it!
Productive work enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
Gained a lot from the Volunteer work at TIFF. Learned a lot from the teamwork and organization that is involved to run a film festival.
Toxic environment
Front of House Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2013
Not supported my upper management. People are thought about last in the overall running of the building.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no support
It's a Fun place to work, everyone's very socilable here
Help Desk/ Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2012
respond to tickets from a queue ( IT related issues or services)
to perform repetitive tasks with high attention to detail and a consistently high level of performance.
my co-workers are really friendly and supportive.
is going home.
TIFF
Pros
really good perks
Cons
no room for growth

4.3