Toronto General Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent Clinical Fellow Program
Clinical Fellow Cardiac Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2016
One of the top Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery in the world. Nothing to add.
Plenty of opportunities to work and learn. The hardest is the amount of in house calls. Average 7/month.
Pros
Overwhelming learning environment and great place to work
Cons
Not permanent positions available
Productive and rewarding place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
My day can change on the fly depending on what is required and timelines. My job allows me to utilize my skills while making a valuable contribution to the department. I am able to work supportively within a team or independently and communicate with all levels.
I am very flexible and want to grow as person and professionally.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2016
One day at Sunnybrook as a Personal Support Worker, and there was this nurse who came to check the patient I was looking for. She checked his blood pressure and it was very low about 85/50 and she did not continue to investigate further, instead, she left. Before she left I asked her to put him back to his bed bad she told me that she will come back later. However, I know there is something abnormal with a patient, so when she left I did my own assessment such as capillary filling check and checking the color around his lips. His lips turned blue and he started to sweat. I called the call bell and yelled for help. They came and the patient started to desaturate but they did quick help like giving oxygen and IV bolus. If I was not there the patient might have died. So I learned that nurses' negligence can cost lives. Speaking about enjoyable part of a job is when the employee works with great harmony and love. No tension among each other, support each other as family. The hard part of a job is when there is a coworker who does not come on time, not complete his or her job, and uncooperative.
volunteer experience
Volunteer Medical Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
I was here for my praticum. Amazing easy going, professional work place. Everyone seemed very happy to work there. I only stayed there for a few weeks but had an all around positive impression
Great place to work. Constantly helping others
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job would definitely be seeing how much help is offered to those who are ill. Management was great always communicating well with employers. The hardest part of this job would definitely have to be seeing many ill people within the hospital.
good place to work
UHN Staff CD (Current Employee) –  Medical UnitAugust 25, 2015
In a typical day, I have learned to manage my time wisely while working with co-workers and Clients. The hardest part of the job is undertaking multiple tasks on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have scheduled Team Meetings and Pot Luck once a month.
Pros
Free yearly BBQ
Volunteered here
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Was a good learning experience! Loved volunteering here. The staff are amazing and I would definitely do it again this summer.
Human Resources Graduate Looking for an entry level position.
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 10, 2013
• Administrative duties (answering telephone and responding to voicemail)
• Organized incoming mail for various departments according to mailboxes
• Sent emails to all candidates about the applying procedures
• Assisted employees in various departments
• Oversaw internal job postings and distribution in accordance with various departments
• Prepared and organized orientation paperwork for the new employees
Productive in a way of helping the staff with thier workload
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I'm assigned at Pathology/Cytology Department front office. My day usually start with sorting and filing patients forms; helping the staff for whatever is needed; unpacking the mail which contain surgical and cytology slides from different healthcare facilities; and then packing surgical and cytology slides to send to other healthcare facilities.
I like working with the people around here, they are helpful which give me more opportunity to learn and be more productive.
Administrative Support
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Responsible for assisting the administrative department of the hospital by performing clerical jobs.

Learned that besides the patient and doctor aspect of the hospital the administrative department is just as crucial to the successful operation of each different areas of the hospital.

The hardest part of the job is the constant flow of paperwork and making sure it is done accuraetly and by the deadline. I enjoyed the constant workload and interactions with different department heads.
Pros
managing the flow of visitors coming to the hospital and directing them to the appropriate room.
Cons
long hours.
Friendly employees who show dedication to patient care.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2013
Great hospital to work at, friendly and welcoming environment.
Learned about different patients, how the clinics are operated.
Phoned patients and kept up with their charts. organized doctors schedule. Transcribe doctors notes.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
very busy days
It is a great opportunity to have a work exposure on big hospital facilities under the UHN
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2013
I either work as a PCA floor duty or as a sitter, so everyday is different, depending on the area and client assigned
MIXED UP REVIEWS,,, PREVIOS ONE WAS MEANT FOR TGH NOT HSC
Registered NICU / SCBU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
It was ok.. not much to learn at TGH at the time, IT HAS BEEN A WHILE AND and there is really not much to say
Pros
small unit
Cons
no challenge
Working as a team worker with professional researchers.
Clinical research coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Iam working in a team group and I am enjoying to work with them.
Being a Team worker is one of my interest.
My co-workers are nice and friendly...
Administrative Support - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
I particularly enjoy this job, and the challenges that go along with it, is the opportunity to connect with people.
High paced work environment
Coop Student, Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2012
Fun place to work, can be depressing at times but feels great to work with patients.
Perfect place to gain experiences
Advanced Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
Practicum in TGH is the best learning experiences in my life.
It's a fun place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
it's a fun place to work.
I enjoyed working with children and children enjoy having fun with me.
UHN
Research Assistant - Literature research (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2014
Great working environment at UHN. Lots of work, lots of learning, lots of fun