Toronto General Hospital Employee Reviews

Good work experience as a capstone team
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2017
Our team collaborated with doctors from Toronto General Hospital and staff for our Capstone engineering project as part of the University of Toronto. It was a good experience.
Team made work enjoyable
Cancer Rehabilitation and Exercise Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Very laid back, a lot of freedom. Enjoy what i did while i was there.

I learned a lot as a kinesiology intern student.

However, the slow days can be very slow, so find something to keep you busy.
Under Staffed
EA to Director of Transplant Surgery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
Continue add responsibilities to your job without further advancement or compensation. Expectations are high, however not recognized for the efforts..
productive and a lot of things to learn in a medical field
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
learning to use hospital's EPR systems
maintaining confidentiality of patient's file
ability to work in a busy office.
interacting with co-workers and nurse practitioners
Pros
good workplace to work
Cons
busy environment
Student placement - Excellent
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Volunteered at Toronto General Hospital for school placement field as a Medical Office Admin.

Tasks included, but not limited to:
- Front desk reception, greeter
- Calling patients for appointment reminders, and initial visits
- Filing and organizing patient files
- Scan, fax etc.,,
- Shadow supervisor for EPR
Pros
Obtain work experience for Medical Office Admin
Cons
Limited access to certain tasks due to volunteer status
Amazing workplace.
PCA (patient care assistant) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Professional work environment, co workers are very friendly, training is amazing. Good benefits, steady hours, a lot of team work. Fast pace must keep up to expectations.
Pros
Free lunches
interactive and challenging workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
With this job I know that I will be able to learn and utilize all the experience that I have accumulated through my other jobs that will have learned over time.
productive
Nutrition Aide- warewashing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
long hours and more hours.
you can upgrade position.
secure workplace.
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with awesome people.
workplace culture
Pros
Cons
N/a
Leader in Cardiac Care and patient care
Registered Nurse, Coronary Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
A typical day is filled with intense and challenging yet highly satisfied work involving care of acutely ill patients with heart related conditions. I work in a team filled with highly skilled professionals where we use modern advance technology and medicine along with exceptional personal care to each critically ill patient. Our culture is one of continued advancement, self-assessment and progress to meet and exceed out patients' needs.
Dynamic practice environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Leadership position in a dynamic cardiovascular intensive care unit, averaging 1500 cardiac and 450 vascular surgical cases per year. Patient care coordinators are leaders in health care teams in which collaboration is the primary responsibility and is the most rewarding and satisfying aspect of the position. The opportunity to work closely with highly skilled professionals has provided me with the necessary skills to lead excellent teams within a challenging and rewarding health care environment.
Toronto General Hospital.
Hemodialysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
Toronto General was an inspiration through and through. My co-workers showed me the ins and outs of how to work professionally in a medical field setting.

The environment could be challenging at time, it requires a certain type of individual to work in such a place.
Great and productive work environment
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2016
Busy day throughout the week, everyday is a new experience. Everyday you get to learn something new. Great learning experience and enjoyable work environment.
I am very flexible and want to grow as person and professionally.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2016
One day at Sunnybrook as a Personal Support Worker, and there was this nurse who came to check the patient I was looking for. She checked his blood pressure and it was very low about 85/50 and she did not continue to investigate further, instead, she left. Before she left I asked her to put him back to his bed bad she told me that she will come back later. However, I know there is something abnormal with a patient, so when she left I did my own assessment such as capillary filling check and checking the color around his lips. His lips turned blue and he started to sweat. I called the call bell and yelled for help. They came and the patient started to desaturate but they did quick help like giving oxygen and IV bolus. If I was not there the patient might have died. So I learned that nurses' negligence can cost lives. Speaking about enjoyable part of a job is when the employee works with great harmony and love. No tension among each other, support each other as family. The hard part of a job is when there is a coworker who does not come on time, not complete his or her job, and uncooperative.
Excellent Clinical Fellow Program
Clinical Fellow Cardiac Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
One of the top Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery in the world. Nothing to add.
Plenty of opportunities to work and learn. The hardest is the amount of in house calls. Average 7/month.
Pros
Overwhelming learning environment and great place to work
Cons
Not permanent positions available
Productive and rewarding place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2016
My day can change on the fly depending on what is required and timelines. My job allows me to utilize my skills while making a valuable contribution to the department. I am able to work supportively within a team or independently and communicate with all levels.
volunteer experience
Volunteer Medical Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2015
I was here for my praticum. Amazing easy going, professional work place. Everyone seemed very happy to work there. I only stayed there for a few weeks but had an all around positive impression
Volunteered here
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2015
Was a good learning experience! Loved volunteering here. The staff are amazing and I would definitely do it again this summer.
Great place to work. Constantly helping others
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job would definitely be seeing how much help is offered to those who are ill. Management was great always communicating well with employers. The hardest part of this job would definitely have to be seeing many ill people within the hospital.
good place to work
UHN Staff CD (Current Employee) –  Medical Unit25 August 2015
In a typical day, I have learned to manage my time wisely while working with co-workers and Clients. The hardest part of the job is undertaking multiple tasks on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have scheduled Team Meetings and Pot Luck once a month.
Pros
Free yearly BBQ
Perfect place to gain experiences
Advanced Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2014
Practicum in TGH is the best learning experiences in my life.