Toronto East General Hospital Employee Reviews in Canada

Toxic Environment
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
TEGH promotes backstabbing and is a very toxic place to work. The only opportunities for advancement are if you wish to work in medicine, in all other departments it is pretty much a dead end job. Only training offered was the recerts that were required by law.
They also allow bullying of staff and harassment which when reported to HR was not resolved, it was then reported to the Ministry of labour which resulted in all hours being taken away, not fired just no hours being given or offered but plenty of hours for the others in the same department. Some of the bullying also came from management itself.
Pros
Some of the co-workers
Cons
Toxic environment
Conducive for Learning!
Registered Practical Nurse - in Acute Medicine (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
You learn something new everyday. I have learned that in anything and everything there will always be something new to learn and you can make the choice to make it a positive one. The management is trying to do their best with what they are given. They are just human too. My co-workers work as hard as they can.

The hardest part of the job would be patient load due to cutbacks and a few co-workers who are inconsiderate of other people's time and reluctant to help and work as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see patient's improving and happy with the care they receive.
Pros
You get your paystub on e-post
Cons
Heavy patient load
great and excellent hospital
Registered Practical Nurse/Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2015
it is great hospital to learn and practice your nursing skills specially in emergency area. Staff are nice and friendly.
Pros
good benefits
Decent Place to work
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
Working here is a double edged sword. The job itself is straight forward. But growth within the company is very difficult.
Pros
Pretty steady employment
Cons
No real opportunity for vertical growth in the company.
Positive corporate culture
Nutrition Volunteer for Hemodialysis Clinic (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
Toronto East General has an immensely positive corporate culture, making it a delight to be there. The staff are friendly, encouraging and will help you achieve your career goals.
Terrible place to work!
Food Services Worker (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Management is bad. They have favoritism, you can not get a day off if you really need it. The hours are cut down to 3 hour shifts. It's a decent job if your going to school but they will still give you a hard time about your scheduling. You must work every weekend and holidays.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
Everything else
Fun working place with opportunities to develop various skills
Patient Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Coordinated with MRI technician to facilitate the efficient flow of patients to MRI suite.
Performed various reception responsibilities including answering patient queries and handling busy telephone activities.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Volunteer job
Great Co-workers
Protection Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
No Comment, Great hospital staff, Great pay. Long hours. Exceptionally busy atmosphere. Poor human resources practices.
Productive and fun work place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
I volunteered at Toronto East General Hospital and it was one of the most beneficial experiences of my life. A typical day there is very busy and crowded. I learned where all of the different wings of the hospital are located and had no problem finding my way around after only 3-4 days of volunteering there, I also learned what goes on in different wings of the hospital, which also helped me a lot when I was asked to work at the information desk in the main lobby helping visitors find their way to different areas in the hospital. All of my co-workers were very kind and helpful, I enjoyed working with everyone. The hardest part of the job was going around the hospital looking for abandoned wheel chairs and dragging them all back to designated wheel chair areas. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients, and helping patients.
Pros
interacting with very many people
Cons
seeing a lot of hurt people
Patient-Focused Community Hospital
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Toronto East General Hospital provides exposure to various types of radiographic imaging. There is a mix of computed and digital radiography equipment at Toronto East General Hospital.
A good and fun place to work
Student Nurse - Semester 4th (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
• Provided full patient care, performed advanced clinical skills in physical assessment, gathered baseline data, documented findings and implemented effective interventions
• Practiced skills including indwelling and intermittent catheterization, bladder scan, IV maintenance, wound care, suture removal, CBGM and dressing change
• Performed tracheostomy care, suctioning, and initiated oxygen therapy
• Demonstrated leadership skills by exhibiting critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, effective communication and conflict resolution skills
• Performed G/J tube feeding, bowel care, lifting and transferring using mechanical lift
• Administered medication via different routes including PO, PR, Sub Q, Ophthalmic, and G/J tubes
Fun place to work
Storekeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Management is fair to all deserving employees.

The company is giving chance to all employee to improve their work abilities by encouraging us to do online trainings.
where i learned most of my nursing skills.
Student nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
I had my clinical experienced in this hospital twice and this where i learned most of my nursing skills. Staff here are here are very helpful and what i liked here most is they help each other out.
Training
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 17, 2015
Some of my training was great but the interim manager did not have the knowledge to support the training. It was my counterpart that had the knowledge and we worked opposite shifts.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Lack of support
Very productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
My time there was good because I was able to speak to patients who would tell you stories about how they got into the hospital.
hard worker,fun,and enthusiastic
NURSE/CASE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2014
Ongoing client assessment, administered medication both oral and intramuscular. Clients and family teaching, working in collaboration with other term members.
Learnt a lot from other colleague's.
Appointed to manager a group of nurses and nursing students.
Good relationship with co-workers.
Hardest part of my job was working short most of the time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was given opportunities to take on some challenging roles at times.
Pros
security
Cons
shift work plus working short almost all the time
productive
volunteer (Former Employee) –  coxwellJanuary 24, 2015
learned how to manage my time
typical day at work would be rounding on patients
update patient board
attend to patients needs
A caring and safe place to work, coworker's are fun to work with.
Porter, Housekeeping, Communications / ITS (Former Employee) –  East York, ONSeptember 5, 2012
located close to home.
The hourly rate was good.
allways worked without supervission and completed my job and more.
If i forgot my lunch, there was a cafeteria to depend on.
Pros
by doing different jobs, i was able to learn things i never did before.
Cons
people not respecting your work.
Wonderful place to work
Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
I have worked as volunteer in Toronto East General Hospital since April 2012: then, at the same time, I started as observer in surgery since March 2013. I describe my lifetime in TEGH like a wonderful and amazing experience where I have gotten a Canadian experience; moreover, I have learned Canadian' behavior during my volunteer hours in the hospital
A great place to work
Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Working in TEGH was great! I enjoyed working there simply because of its employees - they were friendly, accomodating, and enjoyable to work with.