Toronto East General Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun working place with opportunities to develop various skills
Patient Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Coordinated with MRI technician to facilitate the efficient flow of patients to MRI suite.
Performed various reception responsibilities including answering patient queries and handling busy telephone activities.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Volunteer job
Patient-Focused Community Hospital
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Toronto East General Hospital provides exposure to various types of radiographic imaging. There is a mix of computed and digital radiography equipment at Toronto East General Hospital.
Terrible place to work!
Food Services Worker (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Management is bad. They have favoritism, you can not get a day off if you really need it. The hours are cut down to 3 hour shifts. It's a decent job if your going to school but they will still give you a hard time about your scheduling. You must work every weekend and holidays.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
Everything else
great and excellent hospital
Registered Practical Nurse/Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2015
it is great hospital to learn and practice your nursing skills specially in emergency area. Staff are nice and friendly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
I volunteered at Toronto East General Hospital and it was one of the most beneficial experiences of my life. A typical day there is very busy and crowded. I learned where all of the different wings of the hospital are located and had no problem finding my way around after only 3-4 days of volunteering there, I also learned what goes on in different wings of the hospital, which also helped me a lot when I was asked to work at the information desk in the main lobby helping visitors find their way to different areas in the hospital. All of my co-workers were very kind and helpful, I enjoyed working with everyone. The hardest part of the job was going around the hospital looking for abandoned wheel chairs and dragging them all back to designated wheel chair areas. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients, and helping patients.
Pros
interacting with very many people
Cons
seeing a lot of hurt people
Very productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
My time there was good because I was able to speak to patients who would tell you stories about how they got into the hospital.
where i learned most of my nursing skills.
Student nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
I had my clinical experienced in this hospital twice and this where i learned most of my nursing skills. Staff here are here are very helpful and what i liked here most is they help each other out.
A good and fun place to work
Student Nurse - Semester 4th (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
• Provided full patient care, performed advanced clinical skills in physical assessment, gathered baseline data, documented findings and implemented effective interventions
• Practiced skills including indwelling and intermittent catheterization, bladder scan, IV maintenance, wound care, suture removal, CBGM and dressing change
• Performed tracheostomy care, suctioning, and initiated oxygen therapy
• Demonstrated leadership skills by exhibiting critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, effective communication and conflict resolution skills
• Performed G/J tube feeding, bowel care, lifting and transferring using mechanical lift
• Administered medication via different routes including PO, PR, Sub Q, Ophthalmic, and G/J tubes
Training
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 17, 2015
Some of my training was great but the interim manager did not have the knowledge to support the training. It was my counterpart that had the knowledge and we worked opposite shifts.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Lack of support
Fun place to work
Storekeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Management is fair to all deserving employees.

The company is giving chance to all employee to improve their work abilities by encouraging us to do online trainings.
productive
volunteer (Former Employee) –  coxwellJanuary 24, 2015
learned how to manage my time
typical day at work would be rounding on patients
update patient board
attend to patients needs
A great place to work
Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Working in TEGH was great! I enjoyed working there simply because of its employees - they were friendly, accomodating, and enjoyable to work with.
A/P
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2014
An interesting area to work with many types of people and situations that arose during each day. Each day proved to be different.
RT Student Placement
RT STUDENT PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2014
I was able to get a full RT experienced that was conducive to my learning as an RT student. I feel confident in my technical skills as an RT obtained at TEGH to move onto a graduate RT.
hard worker,fun,and enthusiastic
NURSE/CASE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2014
Ongoing client assessment, administered medication both oral and intramuscular. Clients and family teaching, working in collaboration with other term members.
Learnt a lot from other colleague's.
Appointed to manager a group of nurses and nursing students.
Good relationship with co-workers.
Hardest part of my job was working short most of the time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was given opportunities to take on some challenging roles at times.
Pros
security
Cons
shift work plus working short almost all the time
great work place
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2014
friendly,team work, it was a long time ago,but it was busy, had good break system,good support from some co-workers
Pros
free pizza at night
Cons
very busy, not enough time to spend with my clients.
Wonderful place to work
Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
I have worked as volunteer in Toronto East General Hospital since April 2012: then, at the same time, I started as observer in surgery since March 2013. I describe my lifetime in TEGH like a wonderful and amazing experience where I have gotten a Canadian experience; moreover, I have learned Canadian' behavior during my volunteer hours in the hospital
AR Associate - Patient Accounts - Business Office (Former Employee) –  TorontoDecember 20, 2013
Very busy and fast paced., Handled over 12, 000 patient billings a month with a revenue of over $1.2 million a month.
It was the best hospital that I worked.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2013
The hospital had a value for professionalism. Nursing practice was based on evidence based practice. The team working was excellent.
Pros
evidence based practice
Cons
i liked to have a full time job there.
Fun, rewarding, challenging
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 15, 2012
My day starts any number of ways, rushing to prepare a patients chart, or registering a newborn. I book patients for out-patients clinics, pre-natal classes, answer patients questions. Liase with Drs office, check patients in to be seen by Dr on call or clinic appointment. The hardest part of my job is, any bad news. The enjoyable part is a patient telling mem they remember me when they were there for their first or second child and remember me well. I am also responsible for ordering stationery.
Pros
potluck-lunches, special occasion treats, staff recognition.
Cons
missing lunch sometimnes