Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

TDSB Review
Employee Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
Great salary, competitive benefits package, the new ceo is doing a good job at improving the work culture with lots of new intiatives. Job security if you are unionized.
Productive and Fun
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 May 2017
It was a privilege to work for the TDSB while I was still completing my post secondary education. It gave me the point of view of working in the real world and helped me get stable on my own as a an
Good.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Its a good job. What eles is there to write about. Imma just waste some space writing random stuff, cause lowkey i got alot of stuff to do right now. But its a good place.
Incredible experience
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
It was a privilege to work for the TDSB while I was still in high-school. It gave me the point of view of working in the real world and helped me get stable on my own as a young adult. I was able to pay my bills and still have time to balance my academics and social life. This was only a part time job for a year. But I was thankful for the experience.
Pros
Great income
Cons
short hours
Interactive Workplace
Schooling Information System (SIS) Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Toronto District School Board. The team leads were very helpful and the SIS team made me feel comfortable and at ease. It was informative to know how to help the Toronto region with administrative help.
Pros
Free Friday Lunches, good hours
Cons
Far commute
I loved teaching at Windfields JHS
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
Even though this was a number of years ago, my time at Windfields was really enjoyable. The school administration was supportive and helped me grown as an educator. The students were generally well behaved and motivated to learn.
Depends on your position
Special Needs Assistant/Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
As a "supply" it is easy to find full time work but unfortunate that advancement to full time opportunities are scarce.
Rate of pay is fair and once you are full time benefits and vacation/sick days are awesome
Great board!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
I have enjoyed working here the past 15 years as a Science and Geography teacher. As Assistant Curriculum Leader I have gained valuable insight into the workings of the administration.
Inspiring
Educational Assistant/Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Being around teachers that were all concerned about the well being of young minds was very inspirational to witness. It was a very rewarding job that allowed me to be at work but also to be at home while my children were young.
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
a typical day is showing people during any closures where the shuttle buses are and the best way to get around. the most enjoyable part is that you don't have to move around as much
Fun environment to work with children
On-Call Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I enjoy working for the TDSB as a Early Childhood Educator. I am able to use the skills I learned in College and implement them at my work place. There is always space to learn and improve your knowledge of how to work with children.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No benefits for Lunchroom Supervisors
Amazing atmosphere
Educational Assistant (Student Placement) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 February 2017
Seeing positive results. It's a good feeling if someone say thank you for making a difference in my life. I think its one of the best companies to work (student placement) at.
Fun, Openmindful
Social Service Worker (Interim Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Working here was fun because I get to work with youth who have developmental disability as well. I learned how to talk to them while helping them. My employees were very understanding in showing me more skills while working with these kids.
Pretty Good
TDSB Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
I basically had to pick up children from each school and drop them off at another school. Then, at the end of the day, pick them up from that school, and drop them off again.
Fun environment but very serious when it comes to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
A typical day would start at me coming in at 7am and start work at 7:30. From their we would be briefed on what we were supposed to have done by the end of the day. after we finished our work we clean up the break room kitchen and washroom. The work environment was very fun were one of the workers kept teaching us new things while keeping it very enjoyable.
Pros
Fun work environment
TDSB is a great work place with general positive work spirit.
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 January 2017
TDSB is a great workplace with general positive work spirit. People are helpful and understanding, always ready to improve them selves and do the best for the kids. Working with kids is great opportunity and fun.
very good institution to work for
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Great environment for working, team work and safety go together. salary ans benefits always updated, training according with seniority and good pension package.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Job security is good as well as compensation and benefits. There is definitely a culture of fear which comes from the excessive nepotism that exists at the TDSB. However, since it is such a large organization, one can find an area that works for them and remain in a good working environment.
Pros
Benefits/wage
Cons
Too many managers
Enjoyed my time teaching in Toronto
Secondary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
I taught for 14 years in the GTA and greatly enjoyed the work environment. I was there during many changes with the GTA and the TDSB and all of the changes were met with professionalism.
It was fun working with interesting people, they were also dedicated to their work ethic which made it enjoyable./
Summer Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
A typical day at work would mean, i would wake up at 8 and be at work by 9. I would come up with educational activity to occupy the children until the day came to an end.
Pros
fun to work with staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3