Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Hard workplace to get used to but becomes easy when work is being done
Summer Student Caretaking (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 July 2017
Management in regards to supervisors are all over the place , extremely disorganised and chaotic. Work is extremely tough and takes a really strong person to adapt to it. Luckily the regular caretakers are easy on students but they expect a whole lot from you. The pay is over minimum wage is which an upside but for the amount of work being done it seems to me as if its a low rate of pay. Other that that, fixed hours are great you could enjoy as much time out after 3:30pm and weekends are off which you can't find at most summer jobs. All in all great experience
Pros
Fixed Hours, Free weekends
Cons
Management, Supervisors
great
Developmentally Delayed Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
i was only a student here, but the teachers i was put under were extremely helpful and friendly. summers off would be a great benefit. you feel some accomplishment knowing you are shaping the minds of the kids.
Great Job. Miss it.
Student Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
I was working as a Student caretaker for most of my high school career. It was a great job even for adults. Friendly co-workers and boss's and you had weekends off.
Pros
2 breaks and a lunch
Cons
Winter Clean up can get a little tricky.
Occasional Teacher
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2017
I began volunteering with the TDSB since I was in high school, however, I have been working with TDSB as an occasional teacher has strengthen many teaching skills and it has helped me acquire new skills.
My job at Toronto District school Board
physics and Mathematics Teacher, TDSB (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
The most enjoyable part of the work i did in TDSB, where i worked as a Mathematics and Physics teacher, was meeting new set of students every year.
It was interesting to share my knowledge of maths and physics with them.
Pros
Challenging curriculum
Cons
No benefits
great job!
Head Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Over all its a good place to work with good benefits and a pension.Job can rewarding at times good people to work with.never make a million dollars but you can live a conformable life.Can be changeling but a good work experience.
Awesome employer and excellent place to work closely with children
Designated Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
Parents are the expertise of their children. It is great to work alongside them. Being patient with students is key and learning when to intervene.:)
Pros
getting to meet new people with different skills and to learn from them.
Cons
staying behind at the workplace and preparing the environment for the next day
Very Good Job
International Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
Im a substitute teacher and its a great job! I am able to work according to my schedule. Sometimes there are spontaneous requests to work the same day but it's totally up to you whether on not you choose to take it.
Amazing place to each cricket
Cricket Team Coach (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 June 2017
The school board is amazing with their community coaches. It is a great place to start a coaching career. The motivation and backing is tremendous. Definitely doing it for a while.
TDSB Review
Employee Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
Great salary, competitive benefits package, the new ceo is doing a good job at improving the work culture with lots of new intiatives. Job security if you are unionized.
Productive and professional place to work.
Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
A great learning environment and a great place to work and see professional growth. Responsive Classroom approach •Every morning, the entire class comes together as a community to greet one another, share news, and warm up for the day ahead.
•Teachers use positive words and tone to promote active learning, a sense of community, and self-discipline to achieve goals.
•Teachers also carefully model expected behaviors.
•To make learning active and engaging for students, and to promote autonomy, teachers provide students with structured choices in their activities.
Productive and Fun
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 May 2017
It was a privilege to work for the TDSB while I was still completing my post secondary education. It gave me the point of view of working in the real world and helped me get stable on my own as a an
Good.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Its a good job. What eles is there to write about. Imma just waste some space writing random stuff, cause lowkey i got alot of stuff to do right now. But its a good place.
Incredible experience
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
It was a privilege to work for the TDSB while I was still in high-school. It gave me the point of view of working in the real world and helped me get stable on my own as a young adult. I was able to pay my bills and still have time to balance my academics and social life. This was only a part time job for a year. But I was thankful for the experience.
Pros
Great income
Cons
short hours
Interactive Workplace
Schooling Information System (SIS) Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Toronto District School Board. The team leads were very helpful and the SIS team made me feel comfortable and at ease. It was informative to know how to help the Toronto region with administrative help.
Pros
Free Friday Lunches, good hours
Cons
Far commute
I loved teaching at Windfields JHS
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
Even though this was a number of years ago, my time at Windfields was really enjoyable. The school administration was supportive and helped me grown as an educator. The students were generally well behaved and motivated to learn.
Depends on your position
Special Needs Assistant/Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
As a "supply" it is easy to find full time work but unfortunate that advancement to full time opportunities are scarce.
Rate of pay is fair and once you are full time benefits and vacation/sick days are awesome
Great board!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
I have enjoyed working here the past 15 years as a Science and Geography teacher. As Assistant Curriculum Leader I have gained valuable insight into the workings of the administration.
Inspiring
Educational Assistant/Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Being around teachers that were all concerned about the well being of young minds was very inspirational to witness. It was a very rewarding job that allowed me to be at work but also to be at home while my children were young.
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
a typical day is showing people during any closures where the shuttle buses are and the best way to get around. the most enjoyable part is that you don't have to move around as much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3