Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Pretty Good
TDSB Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
I basically had to pick up children from each school and drop them off at another school. Then, at the end of the day, pick them up from that school, and drop them off again.
Fun environment but very serious when it comes to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
A typical day would start at me coming in at 7am and start work at 7:30. From their we would be briefed on what we were supposed to have done by the end of the day. after we finished our work we clean up the break room kitchen and washroom. The work environment was very fun were one of the workers kept teaching us new things while keeping it very enjoyable.
Pros
Fun work environment
TDSB is a great work place with general positive work spirit.
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 January 2017
TDSB is a great workplace with general positive work spirit. People are helpful and understanding, always ready to improve them selves and do the best for the kids. Working with kids is great opportunity and fun.
very good institution to work for
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Great environment for working, team work and safety go together. salary ans benefits always updated, training according with seniority and good pension package.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Job security is good as well as compensation and benefits. There is definitely a culture of fear which comes from the excessive nepotism that exists at the TDSB. However, since it is such a large organization, one can find an area that works for them and remain in a good working environment.
Pros
Benefits/wage
Cons
Too many managers
Enjoyed my time teaching in Toronto
Secondary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
I taught for 14 years in the GTA and greatly enjoyed the work environment. I was there during many changes with the GTA and the TDSB and all of the changes were met with professionalism.
It was fun working with interesting people, they were also dedicated to their work ethic which made it enjoyable./
Summer Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
A typical day at work would mean, i would wake up at 8 and be at work by 9. I would come up with educational activity to occupy the children until the day came to an end.
Pros
fun to work with staff
Good
Computer Management Maintenance Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Good for people who are great to settle in life. Slow paced, no much room for growth. Good pay but no movement in career path. Everyone is okay with this.
Pros
Stable
Cons
No Growth
Good wok enviroment
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2016
enjoy working at my job, good people to work with. Driving and delivery to schools good communication with others. Always at work on time, jobs done..
Pros
great staff
Cons
no free lunch
Amazing school
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
A typical day at work could be challanging due to the various needs of the students. This school is inner city school that is located in high priority neighbourhood in the westend of Toronto. What makes up for the behavioural issues is the amazing people that work in this school. Due to the fact that I am a occassional teacher who sometimes gets long term teaching positions I have been fortunate enought to work with the teacher from every division. While working with my grade teams I have learned that they are all worderful hardworking people who would do anything to support each other to meet the unique individual needs of every child in this school. As for the adminstration, they are two very supportive individuals who understand that without their continued support for both or professional growth and daily school life things would not be as positive as they are in this school. You can always count on this admin to help you through anything. The only regret I have from this place is that I was not able to get full-time permanant work due to low enrollement.
Pros
Amazing group of people to work with
Cons
High needs students
Very low working hours but good working environment
Lunch Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
Other than low hours I'm very happy working in Toronto District School Board, because of
- Friendly working environment with very cooperative co-workers and parents
- Good management.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Low working hour
Great company
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Each day I act as if the school I am at is my home. I am passionate in everything I do. Love my co workers. Hardest part of my day is going home.
Pros
great hours
Cons
environment
A place that promotes countined succeess and excellence in education.
International Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2016
My teaching experience at TDSB is very remembered. Teaching students with a diverse background makes my job more interesting. Analyzing their learning styles and habits allows me to make them understand things easier. Working for TSDB is an amazing opportunity.
Very interesting and practical experience working in kindergarten
Permanent ECE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Excellent company with lots of benefits and resources. Provides ongoing trainings to the staff and support them in new learning.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
number of students in kindergarten program
Satisfying Job Working with Primary Students
Educational Assistant Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I'm enjoying my time spent with the TDSB. I learn something new every day. I look forward to possible career advancement.
Great team based job with plenty of hands on work.
Part Time Student Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
This job was a great experience it gave me a great understanding of time management skills while working in a team based environment.
Everyday there was usually a pattern of hands on work we had to follow which kept me very busy. The work environment was very enjoyable, and motivating .
Somewhat learned about servers
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2016
My supervisors were very polite and respectful, however most of the time when I was given work to do, I had no idea what I was doing, I was only told to do follow what the supervisor does. I was taught some of the software that is used, but I did not know what its purpose was.
A school board that can use some improvment
Workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2016
A typical day at work was vigorous. I learned the importance of using the proper vernacular to the correct audience. Management could have been a little more organized. My co-workers were very welcoming. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unexpected strikes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to execute my duties within a creative environment.
Excellent
Student Field Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
I did my field placement in this facility. It was an absolute pleasure. The young men and ladies that attended this facility were always a pleasure to work with. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and everyone was treated as equals. If I could afford to volunteer rather than work, I doubt I would have ever left there.
Great place to work at.
Occasional Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Supervise students and carry out daily scheduled teaching plans set by absent classroom teacher.

Ensure students' safety throughout the day. Facilitate classroom discussions and provide a safe learning environment.

4.2