Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

It was fun working with interesting people, they were also dedicated to their work ethic which made it enjoyable./
Summer Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
A typical day at work would mean, i would wake up at 8 and be at work by 9. I would come up with educational activity to occupy the children until the day came to an end.
Pros
fun to work with staff
Good
Computer Management Maintenance Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Good for people who are great to settle in life. Slow paced, no much room for growth. Good pay but no movement in career path. Everyone is okay with this.
Pros
Stable
Cons
No Growth
Good wok enviroment
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2016
enjoy working at my job, good people to work with. Driving and delivery to schools good communication with others. Always at work on time, jobs done..
Pros
great staff
Cons
no free lunch
Amazing school
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
A typical day at work could be challanging due to the various needs of the students. This school is inner city school that is located in high priority neighbourhood in the westend of Toronto. What makes up for the behavioural issues is the amazing people that work in this school. Due to the fact that I am a occassional teacher who sometimes gets long term teaching positions I have been fortunate enought to work with the teacher from every division. While working with my grade teams I have learned that they are all worderful hardworking people who would do anything to support each other to meet the unique individual needs of every child in this school. As for the adminstration, they are two very supportive individuals who understand that without their continued support for both or professional growth and daily school life things would not be as positive as they are in this school. You can always count on this admin to help you through anything. The only regret I have from this place is that I was not able to get full-time permanant work due to low enrollement.
Pros
Amazing group of people to work with
Cons
High needs students
Very low working hours but good working environment
Lunch Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
Other than low hours I'm very happy working in Toronto District School Board, because of
- Friendly working environment with very cooperative co-workers and parents
- Good management.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Low working hour
Great company
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Each day I act as if the school I am at is my home. I am passionate in everything I do. Love my co workers. Hardest part of my day is going home.
Pros
great hours
Cons
environment
A place that promotes countined succeess and excellence in education.
International Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2016
My teaching experience at TDSB is very remembered. Teaching students with a diverse background makes my job more interesting. Analyzing their learning styles and habits allows me to make them understand things easier. Working for TSDB is an amazing opportunity.
Very interesting and practical experience working in kindergarten
Permanent ECE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Excellent company with lots of benefits and resources. Provides ongoing trainings to the staff and support them in new learning.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
number of students in kindergarten program
Satisfying Job Working with Primary Students
Educational Assistant Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I'm enjoying my time spent with the TDSB. I learn something new every day. I look forward to possible career advancement.
Great team based job with plenty of hands on work.
Part Time Student Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
This job was a great experience it gave me a great understanding of time management skills while working in a team based environment.
Everyday there was usually a pattern of hands on work we had to follow which kept me very busy. The work environment was very enjoyable, and motivating .
Somewhat learned about servers
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2016
My supervisors were very polite and respectful, however most of the time when I was given work to do, I had no idea what I was doing, I was only told to do follow what the supervisor does. I was taught some of the software that is used, but I did not know what its purpose was.
A school board that can use some improvment
Workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2016
A typical day at work was vigorous. I learned the importance of using the proper vernacular to the correct audience. Management could have been a little more organized. My co-workers were very welcoming. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unexpected strikes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to execute my duties within a creative environment.
Excellent
Student Field Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
I did my field placement in this facility. It was an absolute pleasure. The young men and ladies that attended this facility were always a pleasure to work with. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and everyone was treated as equals. If I could afford to volunteer rather than work, I doubt I would have ever left there.
Great place to work at.
Occasional Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Supervise students and carry out daily scheduled teaching plans set by absent classroom teacher.

Ensure students' safety throughout the day. Facilitate classroom discussions and provide a safe learning environment.
Very productive workplace. Great results
Instructor (Essential Skills Upgrading) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2016
I enjoyed working at this institution. It was a great opportunity to have worked with the students and to help them accomplish their goals. Opportunity to enhance educational skills if interested.
good place to work for
Health & Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  toronto27 April 2016
good place to work for security & benefits good pension plans upon retirement

good medical coverage & other benefits

good pension plan omers
job security
Good salary, but that's all
Job Developer/Recruiter/Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2016
TDSB pays a good salary. You can't complain about that, but the unionized environment is perfect to lazy workers and a bunch of old mind set people that are not willing to do anything innovative in order to increase performance.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Old Business Culture
Flexible organisation, with growing dynamic staff
Elementary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
A typical day was never the same. I continue to grown daily as a teacher, facilitator and team player. I have learned to be patient and committed. The most enjoyable part is the personal insights learnt from the students.
Pros
Work with kids
Volunteering With TDSB
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
Working with the teachers and students at the school has helped me develop the many skill I need in a workplace. I may have not got paid but I worked hard and gained experience.
Very Political
Student Equity Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2016
This job was obviously not for me but might be a great fit for someone else. If you have worked in a highly politicized bureaucratic, unionized environment before or are interested in doing so this will be a good opportunity for you. I am a practical individual and this was not a valued attribute in this position.
Pros
working for the TDSB, job security, annual schedule and salery
Cons
Poorly organized, very political and bureaucratic

4.2