Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and strucuted enviroment
Placement Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: the hours are good
Cons: unsupportive enviroment for social workers
Follow children through there day and be available to support them or just to listen.
Job Developer / Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: one of the best rated place to work; holidays; sick days; good wages
Cons: competition for employment; contract based jobs
This was ideally the best place I've worked, but the competition for jobs is great. The contract nature of employment makes it hard to retain permanent employment. The people were great and the nature of the jobs felt important and I frequently felt like I was making a positive difference.
School Environment
Counsellor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: short hours
Was very enteractive
Work with many different age groups
Worked closely with team
Good Communication
tdsb
Camp Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Tdsb was an fine company to work under, there was never an issue between the company and myself
It is a fun workplace and always productive
Childcare Provider Supply (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: it is a multicultural environment and every one is treated equal and with respect
Cons: it wasn't a permanent position
There you work with children everyday is a busy time. All the time the children are busy working with art ,singing, playing learning through play. Everyday I had to be ready for them prepare the room an first thing is safety.
I learned a lot. I gained a lot of experience. I really liked how every body works in teams it makes the job more easy and enjoyable.
Gaining Experience and skills
PLACEMENT STUDENT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Assist Outreach worker with the following programs:
Homework Program
African Dance Program
Parent Workshop
productive and a fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
very productive
learned a lot
good management
co-workers were very helpful
the hardest part of the job was leaving after getting used to the environment
i really enjoyed helping kids with their education
enjoyed working with young children
Educational Assistantt (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2014
22 years working with the board no problems until they deleted my job title
productive and fun working with children
staff member (Former Employee), Toronto, OnNovember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: busy days
I gained for experience in working with children, communication, responsible, organization and understanding kids. I learned to communicate with them as well as to understand them and help with anything. my co-workers were really good. the job wasn't hard but the most enjoyable part was working with children and learning new activities.
basketball
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2013
i'm hard worker and can work with children and adults.i'm good problem solving, play a lot of sport with my free time.
Very productive, fun filled, supportive, and enriching!
Math/Science Teacher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2013
It has been an enriching and enjoyable experience to work with TDSB. The multicultural nature of the board is an added attraction. Its fun to teach and enjoy the human nature of TDSB as an extremely supportive educational institution.
Very satisfying and secure workforce
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2013
Pros: work stability and security
Cons: work opportunities are based on seniority at the union level
I look forward to go to work everyday working with the TDSB.They have tremendous work ethics, work opportunities and I have great co-workers who are helpful with a great team spirit and fun to work with.
wonderful place to work
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee), toronto ontarioJuly 4, 2013
I have had a variety of experiences in different situations with youth ageing from 6 to 24 years of age. These include group homes, school settings, camp settings and shelters. I have had many success stories while working with these youth. I have experience working in the different cultural regions of Toronto and have experience working with mental – more... health, behaviour and addictions as well. I have also just recently had the opportunity to co-ordinate a summer camp program for a community in Toronto that is at risk.
You will find me to be very relaxed and able to deal with any situation that may arise. I am able to remain calm and deal with issues with assertiveness, and utilize a behavioural cognitive discussion to help resolve the problem. As I stated before, I have experience working with behaviours, and have managed to have some youth come around and learn different ways of dealing with their anger, simply by speaking with them (not at them) and offering different options to try.
Although I currently reside in Barrie, I am more than willing to transfer to where I am needed, providing the employment opportunities are there. – less
Productive workplace with great learning experiences.
Intern - Transportation and Planning Department (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2013
At this position, I edited catchment areas for school bus routes, organized data, and analyzed the effects of different forms of transportation on air quality with the use of ARC Map 10 and Edulog software. I learned many new skills with the software, especially with what was new to me, such as Edulog. Co-workers were helpful. The management did not – more... hover but was great in making sure tasks were completed promplty. The hardest part of the job was using software I had not used in school, although I was quick to learn with practice. The most enjoyable part was the ability to practise my abilities with the software with real-life scenarios. – less
Very relaxing but sometimes very stressful
Summer Student Caretaker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2013
Pros: alot of breaks
Cons: heavy lifting
The job can be very stressful or relaxing depending on the head caretaker at the certain school. I did Carpet cleaning which is much more easier then lifting or cleaning the schools. When there is no more carpets to do in the summer, we are switched back to regular caretaking, where we sweep, clean, lift, and whatever job the head caretaker has for – more... us. My co-worker is great. I learned how to communicate and interact with workers who really seem to try and make your day extremely difficult. The best part about my day is having to see the little kids in some school's and the happy faces all over the school's. The pay is really good and it is a job I would not mind continue to work at until I have a secure career after university. – less
Great place to volunteer
Educational/Nutrition Program Asst, (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2013
Pros: close to home
This position enabled me to improve my communication skills by interacting daily with administration and support staff.
Fun work environment, engaging activies with little kids
Camp Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no air conditioning
Everyday at work, we would have to come in early to set up our activities with kids, later on in the day we would engage our activities that we've planned with the students in your class. Everyday i learn new things, not just about the kids and also preparing new activities for students to engage in. My co-workers are all helpful when it comes to helping – more... out and outgoing with the kids. The hardest part about this job is taking care of 20 or more students in a room without any air conditioning and the most enjoyable part of this job is working with little kids and engaging in activities with them. – less
Interesting place to work
Long Term Occasional Teacher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2013
Enjoyed teaching here in French
Co-workers are wonderful
Hardest part? Wish I had more resources available for teaching
Challenging environment to resolve social issues
Tutors in the Classroom Program (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2013
Pros: free hellos and laughter
Cons: physically and emotionally draining
A common day as a tutor in TDSB classroom requires tutors to follow the requests of a teacher.

One learns to observe the pedagogical tendencies of a teacher to blend in with his or her requests as he or she manages the children.

The coworkers are diligent and tolerant of the students who perform their tasks as quickly as possible under resource constraints.
Great place for advancement and learning.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2013
Pros: the staff
Cons: the staff
The students are terrific. Everyday is different with different problems to solve.