Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Adapt to all the different personalities
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: Short hours only one and half hours a day
Cons: Not able to move forward
A typical day would be supervising lunch for 20 minutes and then going outside for the other 35 minutes. Look at all areas all the time and let children discover what they can do and not do. Act as a mediator for disagreements between the children.
the good and the bad
SBSM (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: even and weekends of
Cons: no overtime
Days are amazing at the school I am with currently, however I have no job security or sick days and it is hard to move up in the company. Even though I am requested personally I am not able to stay at one school due to the time I have been employed by the board
First Nation Community Immersion
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: The knowledge of First Nation practices that I acquired
I learned a great deal working at the First Nations Public School. A typical day required my presence initially in the lunching area which seated all of the student (Kindergarten to grade 8). In total, the school had about 90 students. This allowed for my to build personal relationships with many. I became familiar with community and traditional practiced of the First Nations community, as well as participated and attended many. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating and facilitating recess activities.
Fun and friendly camp counsellor
Camp counsellor (Former Employee), Bike repairMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, playing games
Cons: Responsible for 20 campers
My job as a camp counsellor consisted of being punctual, taking attendance of the campers and being responsible and organized.
Can be very rewarding
Educational Asst/Supply Teacher (Current Employee), Toronto, ontMay 4, 2015
The experience gained from working with hard to serve youth is priceless. However my intention on here is not to talk about my current job.
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Project Manager (CO-OP) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch & Healty Snacks
I enjoyed going to work as it gave me great satisfaction knowing that I was assisting children everyday with my volunteer time, ensuring that they had a functioning Library.
I am a student there
Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
My Classes are early morning until 3PM in the afternoon. Since I came to Canada it was required that I get my High School Diploma. The school is part of the TDSB and provides education for adults only. I am not currently employed there but the students I associated with are very helpful and encouraging.
Lunchroom Supervisor/Noon Hour Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Working with the Toronto District School Board has a great opportunity. The "typical" day is dependent in which position you work, and is very flexible.
Great experience as a young adult
TDSB electrician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: was only a short period of time
My day started at the warehouse, where we would pick up material for the job we were assigned. I learned how to bend conduit, set up computer labs and pull wires for surveillance cameras and PA systems. The hardest part of the job was drilling holes through 6'' cinderblocks. The most enjoyable part was the day going by quickly.
Great
Stage Crew (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Great working environment, very professional nothing to really complain about. They do take a long time to issue your payment however.
Very energetic and a cultural place to work
Site Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: short hours
Very friendly place to work for part time. Staff is enthusiastic and kids are always willing to learn in the schools. Comes with a lot of paper work, and you procedures are the way of life in TDSB
Fantastic work place
Boiler Maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: work early
7 am to start to ride company work truck.
Visit scheduled school for maintenance.
Unpack tools to job site.

Co-worker's so kind and nice.
Work load is reasonable.
Relaxed and comfortable work environment
Summer Student Caretaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: working with fun people and self-management of time
Cons: early mornings and late nights
A typical day at work during the night shift in May and June would involve going from room to room and taking out garbage, sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning washrooms, and cleaning up any messes. I would get a dinner break and lock up my section of the building at the end of the shift. A typical day shift in July and August would involve doing the summer clean up: taking everything out of classrooms,
I learned how to manage time in order to complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
The management was easy going, responsible and checked in on us from time to time. My co-workers were all older than me and worked full time, but they were easy to relate to and I enjoyed seeing them every day.
The hardest part of the job was the continuous heavy lifting of desks and other equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing each room and the satisfaction that arose from that.
fun working at the workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Scarbrough OnDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: long shifts
my typical day working for the Toronto District School Board was a great experience learned alot of new things alot of people and connections and builded skills of communcation and organzation skills but most of all having a connection with the children by making sure they have fun
Executive Admin
Lunch Room Supervisor I (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 2, 2014
A family owned business that was very good to work for and work with.
Learning a lot of tricks in the trade helped develop my past skills to greater levels.
Which gives me an edge on my current employment. A usual day would be hectic and busy but if you could multitask then the day went well and quickly. Best part was establishing a good communication with customers and speaking with them. Making them happy was the best part of the day.
provides challenges on a daily basis, multi-tasked
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: short working year- 10 months
Cons: low insome during summer months
working with children with multiple exceptionalities, including autism, adhd, behavioural and physical disabilities.
Enjoy working with kids
Lunch Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2014
Pros: enjoy doing my job
Cons: very less time
It was only lunch time, Learn to deal with all ages. Learn to manage all agees kids when they are out. get oppertunty to work with wonderful people. Hardest part of the job is time fly very fast. I enjoy the most when kids are having fun and they enjoy being out side so happy.
innovative and supportive school board
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2014
-excellent principals who were open to new ideas and also shared their knowledge
Professional and enjoy working in a diverse culture
supply teacher (Current Employee), Toronto ontarioJuly 24, 2014
Nice to work in a friendly environment. The company helps diverse community .
An engaging work environment for those who respect children
occasional teacher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: professional staff attitude among co-workers
Cons: you have to like children, including on their very bad days.
After career change, I am a new Supply Teacher in the Elementary Panel. I thoroughly enjoy working with the students and find my colleagues and administrators (Principles and VP's) have been tremendously supportive.
Although on-call, workload is such that I can get up every day ready to go to work, and 80% of the time I will be placed. Often I know of placements ahead of time.

1 2 3