Toronto Community Housing

Toronto Community Housing Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun
supervisor (Former Employee), 15 Waller Ave, Toronto, ON M6S 4Z9January 16, 2016
Pros: 1 hr lunch and 7 hrs shifts
Cons: N/A
A typical day at work consist of supervising children ages 6-12 years.Coaching baseball. Plan and implement appropriate program plans and activities. Also plan and implement field trips.
While working I learned the fundamentals of baseball. What I enjoyed most was working with the children because as I was teaching them, it was also a great learning experience for me.
Best job thus far.
Youth Mentor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONTARIOOctober 14, 2015
Pros: amazing experience
Cons: no steady hours
Front line staffers are very hard working and put a lot of time and effort into their jobs. The supervisors and managers are strong individuals working to please the TCH tenants.You can grow within the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied tenants and breaking promises.
very fun job
Recreation Programmer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
there is always something to do and alots of fun in and off the site
the company is great and care about their front line workers nd would come out and check up on the staffs
Busy,
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Much work for United Way
Cons: Not much training
The Toronto Community Housing is a very fast and busy place. The work is constant and I worked with several systems. I worked on a new HRIS system called WTES and Ceridian. I also worked with Crystal Reports. I work with a great team, however, this job is a short contract.
its a volunteer work
volunteer (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 2, 2015
I'm volunteering my time to be the people voices for my building I go to meetings every months and I advocate for the building in what it needs or to improve on.
Great Place to work
Youth Mentor/Program Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKSeptember 10, 2015
Fun and laid back place to work. Once you understand your role within the company, it is a job where you look forward to go to work. When you see the smiles you put on the kids face it is worth it
fun
Junior Program Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: interaction
Cons: n/a
dealing with children is always amazing.
brainstorming different ways to keep everyone involved and entertained daily.
very active job and great attention to detail when dealing with the youth.
fun environment
Fieldworker (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 6, 2015
A lot of work to do. There will always be something to do. you love the people that you are working with and the job is very rewarding. you get to work for and within communities and the job provides you with great experience, connections and practical skills.
customer service representative (Toronto Comunity Housing)
CanEx Co-op Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2014
• Handle clients’ inquiries both telephone call and by email
• Route calls to appropriate resource
• Research required information for clients using available resources
• Manage and resolve clients’ complaints by providing them with housing information
• Follow up with customers on payments/dues and produce call reports
• Organize and keep clients’ filings up to date

It was volunteer work to have Canadian experience
Productive and Fun working environment
Summer Rookie League Senior Champion (Former Employee), Toronto ONJanuary 20, 2015
I worked hands on with the children, as a baseball and soccer coach. I worked as a senior staff along with 2 jr staff. My management was amazing. the hardest part was simply working with children. That was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Perfect Job
Landscaper (Former Employee), Toronto, OnOctober 2, 2014
Pros: long hours, friendly staff
This job was amazing. Working outdoors many hours. Supervision was minimal. There was a task assigned for the day. You do it and go home. Co-workers and I all had the same mentality. Get the job done properly, get paid and go home. Management was amazing and was really understanding. A typical day we would be assigned an area to cut grass and branches, which is mostly everyday. Every time of the day was enjoyable.
Productive work environment with work/life balance
Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: two staff rooms
Cons: not enough washrooms
It was never a dull moment when it came to the workload and finding problems that need to be resolved.

The hardest part of the job was being a good winner when someone in the team slacked off and you had to pick their slack.

Management had an open door policy which made it easy and friendly to be at work. Management ran a tight ship in terms of meeting deadlines or reaching set targets/goals.

Staff are warm and friendly.
Community
Youth Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2014
Pros: the education
Cons: long hours
Being a volunteer for this program was really tough. The schedule always change from early morning to late evenings. This program was all about helping trouble communities with any of there issues. we also learned about police and why they do what they do because most people do not like police. I would say this is my favorite program but I was able to finish.
Very Fun Place To Work
Program leader (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 5, 2014
Every fun environment depending on the position you are in.
very kind people with the same objectives.
Lots of skills developed which are transferred in to you every day life.
Lots of tasks and assignments that are fun and educational.
many opportunities
Toronto Community Housing Corporation is a public housing agency in Toronto, Ontario
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Toronto Community Housing good place to work for .It is tenant services.They have a good benefit. It is nice workplace .Easy going environment .It is near to my home
Fun and empowering place to work.
Building and Community Facilitator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2014
Loved working there. Enjoyed working with the young youth and all my co-workers.
Fun workplace
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2014
A very diverse workplace.
Provides you with the utilities you need to provide the service you are expected to.
fun but hard and pays good
Summer Student Maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2012
typical work day was 7am to 4pm hard job but the management co-workers and pay were all great
motivational
Youth Mentor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2012
I loved working with and engaiging in tentent servies as well as assiting the young men and women in my community.
Interesting environment.
Client Support Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2012
My first co-op placement where I learned practical and hands-on experience.