Toronto Community Housing

Toronto Community Housing Employee Reviews

Always on the move with the children
Camp helper/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 February 2017
We would do diffrent activities everyday, i learned how to take my time when working with younger people and how to enjoy life hard parts was when the children would have bad days, the best part was always seeing the children and being missed when i was sick.
Good work, bad organizing
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
I worked at TCHC as a Carpenter a few years back. It's a fun work environment, and eye opening to see how some people live. Unfortunately, it's run by a bunch of hacks who ask the 3 levels of government for money to complete the billions of dollars worth of repairs some units need, only to give themselves a nice year end bonus for saving money. There's plenty of repair work that needs to get done, and TCHC has their own carpenters that can do it, instead they sub the work out to sub-par contractors who can't install a bank of kitchen drawers properly, while their guys sit in a damp basement on Shuter St. There's lots of work to be done, and we are eager to do it, but the higher ups won't release the funds to get it done, and then lay off half the crew to save money for their year end bonus. Job security for the most part sucks in the trade side of things.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Politics
Productive, Fun and Learned Life Lessons
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Working with Toronto Community Housing was my first job, during working with this company I met new people.
I also learned more skills on top of the skills I already knew such as teamwork, communication. I learned how to work with big cleaning machines. Throughout this I also learned how to save money which is very important.
Energetic and open work environment
Junior program leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
A regular day at summer camp was tiring, however at the end of each work day when giving our supervisors our feedback it would always be positive never negative. There wasn't any hard part about the job it just was very energy consuming watching kids for the whole day, but it was still fun. My co workers were always fun to work with, but the highlight of my day was always with the kids.
Pros
amazing supervisors
Cons
not allowed to go out for lunch
productive and fun people
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
there is always some new to people. you can increase and expand your network and meet new people that can help you in the long run.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad neighborhoods
Productive and fun-filled
Rookie League Junior Champ (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
I really enjoyed working there, staff and co-workers were great. They were all very welcoming, they did the most to make every individual feel needed. I would totally work for them again, unfortunately it is only a summer job.
Welcoming environment
Junior Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
Co-workers were very welcoming and I gained lots of team work skills. I am very proficient at communication and writing kills because of Toronto Community Housing
very fun job
Recreation Programmer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
there is always something to do and alots of fun in and off the site
the company is great and care about their front line workers nd would come out and check up on the staffs
productive and fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  15 Waller Ave, Toronto, ON M6S 4Z916 January 2016
A typical day at work consist of supervising children ages 6-12 years.Coaching baseball. Plan and implement appropriate program plans and activities. Also plan and implement field trips.
While working I learned the fundamentals of baseball. What I enjoyed most was working with the children because as I was teaching them, it was also a great learning experience for me.
Pros
1 hr lunch and 7 hrs shifts
Cons
N/A
its a volunteer work
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 November 2015
I'm volunteering my time to be the people voices for my building I go to meetings every months and I advocate for the building in what it needs or to improve on.
Best job thus far.
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONTARIO14 October 2015
Front line staffers are very hard working and put a lot of time and effort into their jobs. The supervisors and managers are strong individuals working to please the TCH tenants.You can grow within the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied tenants and breaking promises.
Pros
amazing experience
Cons
no steady hours
Busy,
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2015
The Toronto Community Housing is a very fast and busy place. The work is constant and I worked with several systems. I worked on a new HRIS system called WTES and Ceridian. I also worked with Crystal Reports. I work with a great team, however, this job is a short contract.
Pros
Much work for United Way
Cons
Not much training
Great Place to work
Youth Mentor/Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK10 September 2015
Fun and laid back place to work. Once you understand your role within the company, it is a job where you look forward to go to work. When you see the smiles you put on the kids face it is worth it
fun
Junior Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
dealing with children is always amazing.
brainstorming different ways to keep everyone involved and entertained daily.
very active job and great attention to detail when dealing with the youth.
Pros
interaction
Cons
n/a
fun environment
Fieldworker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario6 June 2015
A lot of work to do. There will always be something to do. you love the people that you are working with and the job is very rewarding. you get to work for and within communities and the job provides you with great experience, connections and practical skills.
Productive and Fun working environment
Summer Rookie League Senior Champion (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON20 January 2015
I worked hands on with the children, as a baseball and soccer coach. I worked as a senior staff along with 2 jr staff. My management was amazing. the hardest part was simply working with children. That was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
customer service representative (Toronto Comunity Housing)
CanEx Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2014
• Handle clients’ inquiries both telephone call and by email
• Route calls to appropriate resource
• Research required information for clients using available resources
• Manage and resolve clients’ complaints by providing them with housing information
• Follow up with customers on payments/dues and produce call reports
• Organize and keep clients’ filings up to date

It was volunteer work to have Canadian experience
Fun and empowering place to work.
Building and Community Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2014
Loved working there. Enjoyed working with the young youth and all my co-workers.
Perfect Job
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On2 October 2014
This job was amazing. Working outdoors many hours. Supervision was minimal. There was a task assigned for the day. You do it and go home. Co-workers and I all had the same mentality. Get the job done properly, get paid and go home. Management was amazing and was really understanding. A typical day we would be assigned an area to cut grass and branches, which is mostly everyday. Every time of the day was enjoyable.
Pros
Long hours, friendly staff
Productive work environment with work/life balance
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2014
It was never a dull moment when it came to the workload and finding problems that need to be resolved.

The hardest part of the job was being a good winner when someone in the team slacked off and you had to pick their slack.

Management had an open door policy which made it easy and friendly to be at work. Management ran a tight ship in terms of meeting deadlines or reaching set targets/goals.

Staff are warm and friendly.
Pros
two staff rooms
Cons
Not enough washrooms

4.3